2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 101 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 20th August 2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
COV 100, where are you????

Off to the chocolate store.

In our old bird 400 today, there are no birds home as of 7:30 pm EST. No one in my club has seen a bird yet. Weather seems okay all the way, but most everyones birds are on their fifth flight and it is very muggy here. I can only imagine it is worse further south where they are coming from.

Tomorrow is our 200 young bird race. Now they are predicting rain early in the morning.
I've been using my top OB's my 2 time winner and my other Hall of Fame bird as kickers to train my YB's and I wouldn't want those OB's flying any races this time of the year they are missing so many feathers. I couldn't see shipping them out to fly a 400 mile race.

Check Out my Clubs website see if your interested in any of the races sponsored by my club.
WWW.LindenhurstHPC.COM
Posted 20th August 2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post
Both of mine are long distance birds so I'm not surprised they came in at the bottom. They should get better as the races get longer.
Hope you don't gain 10 pounds before the long races eating all that chocolate. Will give them an advantage coming over those mountains in the longer races.
Posted 20th August 2011, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillfamilyloft View Post
Don't understand how mine could have got home last when it never left the loft? Ha Ha. Must have been the first birds girl friend. Gave it a little motivations. Hope the other two get home, Josepe and Ace. Looks like they will be on the C team next week if they show up. The red one has Warren blood in it. Those birds only fly good if there is money in the race. Hard to judge a bird by a 100 mile toss. Seen some birds buzz the loft from 100 miles and then go out routing. Am concerned about the ones not back yet. Good to get them up with the whole flock.
lol .....

Posted 20th August 2011, 08:33 PM
Blongboy,
I'd be real happy with that finish.It's going to be a Long Hard series til the end with the results changing from race to race I'd say.As stated by some the birds left at the end will all be Winners.
Posted 20th August 2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josepe View Post
Blongboy,
I'd be real happy with that finish.It's going to be a Long Hard series til the end with the results changing from race to race I'd say.As stated by some the birds left at the end will all be Winners.
yea i think so too ..i'll just be happy seeing my homer come back home
Posted 20th August 2011, 09:03 PM
Randy,
Hope they show up also.

"Those birds only fly good if there is money in the race."

There is money in the race,between Crazy Pete and I.
Posted 20th August 2011, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Randy,
Hope they show up also.

Well he better get home then.
Posted 20th August 2011, 09:37 PM
And the winner tonight is....

Last edited by kbraden; 11th September 2011 at 09:19 AM..
Posted 20th August 2011, 09:42 PM
I updated the trapping time. I left the seconds off because I was lazy. For the races I will post the actual race sheet.

Our results were pretty normal compared to everyone else with one exception. Mr 2nd place AU for YB the past two years had 54 birds trap in less then a minute. It helps that he sent 90+ birds. He took every spot on the first page of the results.

Everyone else had birds scattered like we did. The loft we train with sent 43 and was out 10 at knockoff. We had four more show up tonight. Hopefully we can pick up more in the morning. Being it was just the club we could of had a few more trap in other lofts. I will keep my fingers crossed for the others.

I believe the guy who did the release took some video. I will see if we can upload it.
Posted 20th August 2011, 09:44 PM
These short races are unpredictable. Anything can happen. It's good to get one out of the way.
Posted 20th August 2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Randy,
Hope they show up also.

Its a good thing this was the first race or I would have lost the bet, and I still may.

Only one of the rc's came home, late but home his nest mate is the same way.
Dave
Posted 20th August 2011, 09:53 PM
Woohoo, my lost bird has arrived. Might have 2 pieces of pie tonight in celebration LOL Thanks Tom for the update!

Keeping my fingers crossed for the others MIA that they come home safely.
Posted 20th August 2011, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
I updated the trapping time. I left the seconds off because I was lazy. For the races I will post the actual race sheet.

Our results were pretty normal compared to everyone else with one exception. Mr 2nd place AU for YB the past two years had 54 birds trap in less then a minute. It helps that he sent 90+ birds. He took every spot on the first page of the results.

Everyone else had birds scattered like we did. The loft we train with sent 43 and was out 10 at knockoff. We had four more show up tonight. Hopefully we can pick up more in the morning. Being it was just the club we could of had a few more trap in other lofts. I will keep my fingers crossed for the others.

I believe the guy who did the release took some video. I will see if we can upload it.
Is mr. 2nd place au flying light or dark?
Posted 20th August 2011, 10:03 PM
I'm sure they'll all return and things will start fresh next race.
Posted 21st August 2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
I'm rooting for him to get third. I'm rooting for mtripoh to get second. Want to hazard a guess whom I rooting for to get 1st?
WoooHooo!!! COV 26 made it home! We will be more than happy with a second place! Walt, are you having Tom hold COV100 back Just to give us some false hope that we (Russ and Josiah) will come out on top? I am still holding out hope that COV28 will make an appearance.
On a side note, Josiah and I are off to the Lorain County Fair today! We will be camping out there all week (not my cup of tea) but we will have a good time. Josiah is showing a Russian High flier pair for 4-H. He is stepping up to the plate this year and showing 3 pigeons in the open barn. 2 homers and a pigmy pouter. His judging starts tomorrow.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

Tags
pigeon-talk classic