2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 12 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 23rd November 2010, 08:49 AM
My guess is that out of the first fifty initial signees, 12 or so will end up not participating.

That always happens. Life has a way of getting in the way of pigeon racing.

So, even though there are over fifty signed up right now. If you want to participate, SIGN UP. You have a good chance of being able to "get in". For twenty bucks, where else can you have this much fun for 8 weeks?

Posted 23rd November 2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAxTecH View Post
I was thinking I might just send a Postal money order along with the birds.. not sure if Flapadoodle has other idea.
i thought payment was due before shipping.
Posted 23rd November 2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersonk2002 View Post
That sounds like a good idea to me, if USPS gets your birds there the money will be with them. I am not sure if I would send return postage though, I was down one on the return trip I do think that Tom will be setting up a paypal account for this event though >Kevin
paypal would be easier

Posted 23rd November 2010, 08:52 AM
I prefer PayPal for payment. They have the "personal option" which does not have any fees charged to the sender nor the recipient. It is free, secure and so easy. Last time I sent a money order though, so I am good either way.
Posted 23rd November 2010, 09:11 AM

8 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
My guess is that out of the first fifty initial signees, 12 or so will end up not participating.

That always happens. Life has a way of getting in the way of pigeon racing.

So, even though there are over fifty signed up right now. If you want to participate, SIGN UP. You have a good chance of being able to "get in". For twenty bucks, where else can you have this much fun for 8 weeks?
That eight weeks seemed like eight years but it was stressfull fun my doctor ordered. >kevin
Posted 23rd November 2010, 09:41 AM
Flapdoodle, just let us know if you want the money in advance. If not, I will put a USPS money order in a manila envelope taped to the inside of the shipping box. I will wait for your reply.
Posted 23rd November 2010, 09:43 AM
I did not read thoroughly all of the posts. Has their been a definite date range set yet for when Flapdoodle will receive the birds?
Posted 23rd November 2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
I hope the polls were not too frustrating. The idea behind them was mainly to see about how many people were thinking about participating as well as get some feed back. I didn’t intend for the group to necessarily decide what to do. It looks like we could have around 50 members participate, which is great. I know life happens and don’t know if we will get that many, but if we do great.

As far as the polls this is what I am thinking. No auction, no buy back, but I am not going to be able to do it for free. As was mentioned in one of the posts I will be saving a ton of time and money not having breeders and the work associated with them. I also do not have an old bird team. 100% of my time and $ I have to allocate to pigeons will be spent on the young bird team. With the exception of a pair of white birds, I have 0 pigeons. The reason I am going this route and just fly others birds to save time for the other important things in my life.

I have two options, #1 Go the club route or #2 the forum route. The guys in my club are interested in having me fly their birds. It would be cool to do this same thing at the club level we did here last year. Each guy sends a team of four. Pool the birds each week. I would not have to post anything anywhere. The guys can just look at the results each week. There is no way I would collect a fee for doing this nor do I think they would pay. Out of the two options going the club route would be a lot easier. No videos, posting updates, messing around at the post office picking up and shipping birds, or the stress of having to report lost or sick birds in the forum.

I think it is fun on the forum. Like I said before I want to do it. I enjoy the videos, stuff like the pretty pigeon show, but it is a lot of extra work.

Here is what I am able to do next year:

• Two bird limit per breeder, $20 dollar per two bird team, nonrefundable, no replacements.
  • Have birds shipped to me around 30 days old.
  • Birds accepted anytime the weeks of March 21, 28, April 4, or 11.
  • You pay to ship the birds to/from my loft, If money to ship the birds back is not received within two weeks after the last race the bird becomes my property.
  • The winner of the Pigeon Talk Classic will be the bird who scores the most points in the combine for the season.
  • The entry cap is going to be 50 two bird teams.

The $20 will be sent with the birds or sent prior to that to secure your spot. I am going to build a new loft. I will not accept any money until the loft is complete.

We have a couple junior members that want to participate in 2011. A few generous donations that have not been made yet will allow those junior members to participate for free. If you are interested in donating or are a junior member wishing to participate send me a PM.

I will throw this out there one last time. If anyone else is interested in hosting this year shoot me a PM and I will retract this post and fly club birds.

You should start to see some loft construction photos around the holidays. Any questions post away… This will be a lot of fun.
Yep, the dates are listed above.
Posted 23rd November 2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bell View Post
Yep, the dates are listed above.
Thanks Matt. I have been exposed for being lazy, darn it!
Posted 23rd November 2010, 01:50 PM
I'm just going to put a $20 in an enveolpe and tape it in the box.
Dave
Posted 23rd November 2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Pete View Post
I'm just going to put a $20 in an enveolpe and tape it in the box.
Dave
we have the same thought!
Posted 23rd November 2010, 07:05 PM
Last year I think the money was due before the first race, or whenever his combine's dues were due. Not necessarily before you send birds. But I'm not sure if it's the same.

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 23rd November 2010, 07:08 PM
from the rule:

The $20 will be sent prior to 2/1 to secure your spot. I am going to build a new loft. I will not accept any money until the loft is complete.
Posted 23rd November 2010, 07:09 PM
It states on the rules and guidelines that the money should be sent with the birds or before to secure your spot.

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 23rd November 2010, 07:12 PM
Maybe I should have read those...hmmm...

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~

Tags
pigeon-talk classic