2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 13 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
blongboy blongboy is offline
Posted 23rd November 2010, 07:22 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Pigeon Land
Location: NC Charlotte
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ldenb0y55 View Post
It states on the rules and guidelines that the money should be sent with the birds or before to secure your spot.
yea i know ...but read the other one ..the one that say Rules, Entry Form, Who else has signed up? one.


Reply With Quote
conditionfreak conditionfreak is offline
Posted 23rd November 2010, 07:23 PM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Ohio. Just east of Cincinnati.
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post
Last year I think the money was due before the first race, or whenever his combine's dues were due. Not necessarily before you send birds. But I'm not sure if it's the same.
No money was required last year. Just ship the birds to him. It was "free".

Or am I even more senile than my wife and kids say I am.
Reply With Quote
MaryOfExeter's Avatar
MaryOfExeter MaryOfExeter is offline
Posted 23rd November 2010, 07:25 PM
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 11,456
Well, before it was changed to free. It was originally going to be somewhere around $25 I think.
__________________
Becky M. L.
RKM Lofts | RKM Art

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Reply With Quote
 
g0ldenb0y55's Avatar
g0ldenb0y55 g0ldenb0y55 is offline
Posted 23rd November 2010, 08:46 PM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 2,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by blongboy View Post
yea i know ...but read the other one ..the one that say Rules, Entry Form, Who else has signed up? one.
Yeah, I guess he changed that...

it now says....

"The $20 will be sent prior to 2/1 to secure your spot. I am going to build a new loft. I will not accept any money until the loft is complete."
__________________

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Reply With Quote
Flapdoodle Flapdoodle is offline
Posted 23rd November 2010, 08:51 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: United States
Location: Newcastle, CA
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ldenb0y55 View Post
It states on the rules and guidelines that the money should be sent with the birds or before to secure your spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blongboy View Post
from the rule:

The $20 will be sent prior to 2/1 to secure your spot. I am going to build a new loft. I will not accept any money until the loft is complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
My guess is that out of the first fifty initial signees, 12 or so will end up not participating.

That always happens. Life has a way of getting in the way of pigeon racing.

So, even though there are over fifty signed up right now. If you want to participate, SIGN UP. You have a good chance of being able to "get in". For twenty bucks, where else can you have this much fun for 8 weeks?
I agree with conditionfreak life happens. If we get 55 or so sign up I am sure some will not be able to send birds, that is fine.

I am going to move that loft I posted about. It has five sections and we will have room for all that want to participate so won't need to do a lottery (provided we only have a few more sign up).

As far as securing a spot that won’t need to happen. Just send the money with the birds is fine.
Reply With Quote
Flapdoodle Flapdoodle is offline
Posted 23rd November 2010, 08:54 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: United States
Location: Newcastle, CA
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ldenb0y55 View Post
Yeah, I guess he changed that...

it now says....

"The $20 will be sent prior to 2/1 to secure your spot. I am going to build a new loft. I will not accept any money until the loft is complete."
I know I got in trouble for changing rules last time around. Like last year I will get it all set up and finalized before any money or birds are sent.
Reply With Quote
blongboy blongboy is offline
Posted 23rd November 2010, 09:03 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Pigeon Land
Location: NC Charlotte
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
I agree with conditionfreak life happens. If we get 55 or so sign up I am sure some will not be able to send birds, that is fine.

I am going to move that loft I posted about. It has five sections and we will have room for all that want to participate so won't need to do a lottery (provided we only have a few more sign up).

As far as securing a spot that won’t need to happen. Just send the money with the birds is fine.
cool ... so everyone is in!! ...is it possible if i can send the 20$ and the shipping cost (the shipping that is coming back)?
Reply With Quote
Flapdoodle Flapdoodle is offline
Posted 23rd November 2010, 09:05 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: United States
Location: Newcastle, CA
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by blongboy View Post
cool ... so everyone is in!! ...is it possible if i can send the 20$ and the shipping cost (the shipping that is coming back)?
I will set up paypal for return shipping. Half of the birds this year ended up MIA I don't want any return shipping until after the races
Reply With Quote
pigeonnewb's Avatar
pigeonnewb pigeonnewb is offline
Posted 24th November 2010, 05:56 AM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 246
How many can you send out to race at any given station? Seems you can accept up to 5000 two team birds. Granted it won't get to that point but just curious on your shipping limit per race..
Reply With Quote
blongboy blongboy is offline
Posted 24th November 2010, 06:45 AM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Pigeon Land
Location: NC Charlotte
Posts: 1,580
1000 birds!! that alot of birds and alot of feed.
Reply With Quote
conditionfreak conditionfreak is offline
Posted 24th November 2010, 11:36 AM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Ohio. Just east of Cincinnati.
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonnewb View Post
How many can you send out to race at any given station? Seems you can accept up to 5000 two team birds. Granted it won't get to that point but just curious on your shipping limit per race..
Surely you meant 50 two bird teams. (and ya doesn't have to call me Shirley)
Reply With Quote
pigeonnewb's Avatar
pigeonnewb pigeonnewb is offline
Posted 24th November 2010, 11:53 AM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 246
If you read the rules, he put..

The entry cap is going to be 5,000 two bird teams.

Maybe its a typo.. LoL! I dunno.. Just seems awfully high to me.
Reply With Quote
hillfamilyloft's Avatar
hillfamilyloft hillfamilyloft is offline
Posted 24th November 2010, 12:28 PM
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Farmingon New Mexico
Posts: 3,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by blongboy View Post
1000 birds!! that alot of birds and alot of feed.
Sorry the math teacher in me comes out. 5,000 two birds teams:
5000 x 2 birds = 10,000 birds
What a load of poop that would be.
__________________
www.hillfamilyloft.com
Reply With Quote
Flapdoodle Flapdoodle is offline
Posted 24th November 2010, 01:57 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: United States
Location: Newcastle, CA
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonnewb View Post
How many can you send out to race at any given station? Seems you can accept up to 5000 two team birds. Granted it won't get to that point but just curious on your shipping limit per race..
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
Surely you meant 50 two bird teams. (and ya doesn't have to call me Shirley)
Dear Shirley,

I did put 5,000 two bird teams. I just wanted to see if everyone was paying attention. I don't want to tell 5 or 6 sorry you can't send birds. Providing we don't get many more sign up everyone is in, I am going to keep the reg up until Dec 18th. I am sure we will have a few people sign up not able to send birds. If all end up sending birds great I will have the room. The issue will be shipping. There is plenty of room on the truck for all the birds. The race limit is 20 birds in each race, 40 each week. We could have some really great homing pigeons that are sent each week as trainers but never trap in enough time to make the next weeks race team. Not a perfect system but it will work.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote
rackerman's Avatar
rackerman rackerman is offline
Posted 24th November 2010, 05:25 PM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northeast lower Michigan
Posts: 1,826
I have to say "this is going to be better than last year". I just hope my birds produce for me to send the winners...........
__________________
Russ

"Blue Bombers Loft"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pigeon-talk classic


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2000-2016 pigeons.biz