2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 17 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 28th November 2010, 01:39 AM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
Oh the humility of it all.

Not only was I beat by a girl. I was beat by a white pigeon!

To top it all, the winning bird was picked because it was "pretty". By a person that doesn't even know how to hold a racing pigeon.

Maybe that is what I am doing wrong. I should be hugging them and picking out the pretty ones.

Oh the humility....

Gonna go out to my loft and put some pretty breeders together. Ha Ha

Reminds me of when my younger brother and I were kids. Our father took us to a horse race track and told us both to pick a horse to bet on. My brother picked a horse that was 100 to 1 to win. My father said, Ricky, that horse has no chance. Why did you pick it? My brother Ricky said "because it has the longest tail".

Yep. You gessed it. That horse won. Ha Ha

Hey Warren. My wife says you won because you are Smiths. She is a Smith. She says Smiths are better than Thomas'.

It just keeps getting worse and worse down here. I HAVE to win this next one. To regain my manhood.
I can't help but laugh here in San Diego. I can't stop chuckling. Poor you! Now you know the deep secret of choosing the right bird to win. You must have a pretty handler (like a pretty wife) choosing a pretty bird and to hold(hugged) like it is the most loved pigeon in the whole world. Then the bird will do its very best to pay in return.

I am praying for your manhood to return from this side of the country. And speaking of Smith name I first met that name with Wesson on it. They were very powerful! It can knock yourself out!

"I like to believe in people."
Jonathan Kent, Smallville
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 28th November 2010, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Oh the humility of it all.

Not only was I beat by a girl. I was beat by a white pigeon!

To top it all, the winning bird was picked because it was "pretty". By a person that doesn't even know how to hold a racing pigeon.

Maybe that is what I am doing wrong. I should be hugging them and picking out the pretty ones.

Oh the humility....

Gonna go out to my loft and put some pretty breeders together. Ha Ha

Reminds me of when my younger brother and I were kids. Our father took us to a horse race track and told us both to pick a horse to bet on. My brother picked a horse that was 100 to 1 to win. My father said, Ricky, that horse has no chance. Why did you pick it? My brother Ricky said "because it has the longest tail".

Yep. You gessed it. That horse won. Ha Ha

Hey Warren. My wife says you won because you are Smiths. She is a Smith. She says Smiths are better than Thomas'.

It just keeps getting worse and worse down here. I HAVE to win this next one. To regain my manhood.
your so funny man
Posted 28th November 2010, 08:57 AM
Warren. I really do appreciate you not participating in this next event. That gives me a better chance of winning.

Now, if the rest of the contestants would just be as nice as you, I could win for sure.

But alas. Not everyone believes in the Obama doctrine of "spreading the wealth". I'm glad you do.

Besides, what are the odds of you winning this event two years in a row? 10%? 30%? Nil?

My plans for this years entries into this event (again, reminds me of the old saying, "man makes plans and God laughs", are to enter one bird from my Ludo line, a black white flight bred to a Jan Ardon all black import hen I bought direct from Belgium. The yongsters should be all black, I would guess. The other entry hopefully will be from last years contestant "Marine Won" mated with a red check hen graciously given to me by Flapdoodle.

These will diffinitely be experiments and I have never had any youngsters out of these birds before.

I will either clean up with first and second place. Or (more likely), be the first birds lost on a five mile training toss.

I mated up my birds yesterday, but I believe some of them did not forget their mates from last year and might be "cheating". I have to watch them closely to ascertain who is being faithful and who is not. I do have two certain pair in individual cages though. But they are not the ones I described above. They are my most expensive birds and failed to give me youngsters last year. One pair is old and the other is ?????. I just don't know what his problem is. Trying him with a different hen this year. Maybe he is sterile and I was snookered by the guy I bought him from.

Last edited by conditionfreak; 28th November 2010 at 09:19 AM..

Posted 28th November 2010, 09:01 AM
Smile

My wife and I had a great visit with Warren and Karen yesterday. I always like to take a crate along. What a great surprise to be taking this bird home. My wife picked a pretty mate for her From SFL stock too. I can't wait to start training there young. Thank You I love when I can add more SFL bloodline to my loft. The birds are a pleasure to handle and they fly great too.
LMC race secretary + NPR Club President
AU Life member

Last edited by A_Smith; 12th September 2011 at 11:31 AM..
Posted 28th November 2010, 09:24 AM
Not to derail this thread in a completely different direction. But one of my favorite songs is "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice. You should hear me "sing it" (not sure it is actually singing though).

"Rollin in my 5.0"

(yea, I like rap music. So sue me)
Posted 28th November 2010, 10:59 AM
Did you not make a video of that singing and dancing once? Once you win this Pigeon-Talk Classic, you probably can sing and dance. I would prefer Tim Allen's Home Improvement grunt though.

"I like to believe in people."
Jonathan Kent, Smallville
Posted 28th November 2010, 03:04 PM
I didn't make a video, but I did make a CD.
Posted 28th November 2010, 04:32 PM
What is that dark spot on the back of the neck?

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 28th November 2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post
What is that dark spot on the back of the neck?
If you are refering to Vanilla Ice's neck that is just a slighty darker area of red feathers.
LMC race secretary + NPR Club President
AU Life member

Last edited by A_Smith; 12th September 2011 at 11:31 AM..
Posted 28th November 2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithFamilyLoft View Post
Naw....she is just a lot more self conscious then I am. She worries that maybe a hair could be out of place or something....where as I am very comfortable having my image recorded for future generations ! I think it was when I told her that perhaps as many as 1,000,000 people from around the world may see her image that she began to get a bit nervous.
Yep, you're right! I did! But there's really no reason to get nervous 'bout it.
Ask Karen if she "knew" or felt it at the time I watched the video, it must have been 2 in the morning for you in the US.
Nice trophy! Thanx to Conditionfreak.

Last edited by jpsnapdy; 28th November 2010 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: to add a line
Posted 28th November 2010, 07:49 PM
Hi Tom (flapdoodle),
I was just wondering, since this thread is already 17 pages long, if it would be OK with you to open a new thread once the PT 2011 birds reach your loft to make browsing easier through it all? Just a thought.
Posted 28th November 2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithFamilyLoft View Post
For the record....it really is not a "White" pigeon....you can't really tell from the video, as it was too dark inside, and too cold outside, but it was a very lite silver, (ok red bar) but the bars are nearly invisible.

I also tried "educating" Karen on how to hold a pigeon....forget about it....in her defense, there were four cats in the room, including a 25 pound Tom Cat, named Ole Sammy, I rescued as a baby from under the pigeon loft. She felt it better to hold the bird close and be safe. But, I am looking into this new theory of picking "pretty ones" and hugging them a couple times a day ! I understand it works on wives as well !!!

I got a kick out of the longest tail theory....problem with those things when they win, you can't really argue with sucess. Cause to be honest, this is not the first time she picked a winner. Had I listened to her, I would have sent a couple other "pretty" ones (sisters to this Vanilla Ice) to the Winners Cup and Flamingo, and from the race results they had on the club level, I think I would have done better then my selections that I sent, so maybe there is something to it. Problem is, if she gets too good at picking winners, I don't know if my fragile ego could withstand it !

As far as the Smith's go...there is a good reason why there are so many of us. You see females are attracted to the winners. And when the females discover the Smith's, well you end up with a lot of little Smith's and the process starts all over again.

Fortunately, you can increase your odds of winning, and you don't have to change your name, you can simply acquire some of those Smith pigeons and then you to can enjoy this wonderful sport of ours. Just make sure you have a pretty wife helping you pick your race entires !

I did the best I could to help you win the next one Conditonfreak, I stepped back from this next event to give you a sporting or at least a fighting chance ! Now ya know humility is not my strong suit.....if I was to enter again and have my wife pick yet another winner, why I don't think either of us could effectively deal with it. It might just cause us to quit pigeons or something !
OK, your wife picked the pretty ones to win. But then we see her husband???? My guess is you don't race? And like protecting the bird from the cats, she feels the need to protect you from yourself???? And might I add, you have a very light colored bird for one who doen't like whites.

LOL Great Video and you won bragging rights so brag a little,
Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 28th November 2010, 09:34 PM
Great stuff guys and gals! I thoroughly enjoyed the videos! Best of luck to all who are participating in the 2011 Pigeon-Talk Classic.

Terry
Posted 29th November 2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Not to derail this thread in a completely different direction. But one of my favorite songs is "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice. You should hear me "sing it" (not sure it is actually singing though).

"Rollin in my 5.0"

(yea, I like rap music. So sue me)
Hahahaha...this made me LOL!

" with the rag top down so my hair can blow"

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 29th November 2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
OK, your wife picked the pretty ones to win. But then we see her husband???? My guess is you don't race? And like protecting the bird from the cats, she feels the need to protect you from yourself???? And might I add, you have a very light colored bird for one who doen't like whites.

LOL Great Video and you won bragging rights so brag a little,
Tony
What are you talking about ? My wife says that she got the pick of the litter !

And it seems to me, we have gone down this road before, and most disinterested parties agree, that I was a good looking kid !!

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/showpo...4&postcount=53

Folks can go to this post and judge for themselves !

As far as bragging goes, I told you once, I'll tell you again a thousand times, I'm the best there ever was, you ole son of a gun !!

Tags
pigeon-talk classic