2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 20 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 20th December 2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rackerman View Post
Me too.......... Originally Posted by g0ldenb0y55
I have to find out if I can even send birds since we went over the 50 mark!
I just signed up and my name went onto the list of entries page. So the signup must still be open. Now maybe I'll get lucky with the lottery.

LMC race secretary + NPR Club President
AU Life member
Posted 20th December 2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Smith View Post
I just signed up and my name went onto the list of entries page. So the signup must still be open. Now maybe I'll get lucky with the lottery.
Is the lottery for the one's after 50?

"Blue Bombers Loft"
Posted 20th December 2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
YES Winners will be posted on 12-25-10
LMC race secretary + NPR Club President
AU Life member

Posted 21st December 2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
I may not be reading the rules right..but according to the rules the lottery will be held if more than 5000 birds are signed up. Anything under 5000 will be accepted for the race. I think this is flaps way of making sure all of us are included What a guy!

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?
Posted 21st December 2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtripOH View Post
I may not be reading the rules right..but according to the rules the lottery will be held if more than 5000 birds are signed up. Anything under 5000 will be accepted for the race. I think this is flaps way of making sure all of us are included What a guy!
Thats exactly what I was thinking as well! So by the looks of things, everyone who signed up is in.....
Posted 21st December 2010, 10:43 AM
The race is only up to 50 breeders. The only entries that have a reserved spot are the members that participated last year highlighted in yellow. Everyone else will be put into the lottery until the 50 spots are filled. Once filled the lottery will continue until the last name is pulled. Everyone after 50 will be put in a reserve pool in the same order going from 51 to whatever.....and if someone defaults from the first 50 the next guy in line would be lottery pick 51 and so forth.... I hope this makes sense....please correct me if I'm wrong.....

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 21st December 2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
I agree with conditionfreak life happens. If we get 55 or so sign up I am sure some will not be able to send birds, that is fine.

I am going to move that loft I posted about. It has five sections and we will have room for all that want to participate so won't need to do a lottery (provided we only have a few more sign up).

As far as securing a spot that won’t need to happen. Just send the money with the birds is fine.
Should be know lottery.
Dave
Posted 21st December 2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtripOH View Post
5000 birds!!!! are you sure coz that's alot of birds!!! I think his too busy building the loft rigth now plus it's been raining here in Cali.. For four days in a row day and nigth....
Posted 21st December 2010, 12:38 PM
I did put 5,000 two bird teams. I just wanted to see if everyone was paying attention. I don't want to tell 5 or 6 sorry you can't send birds. Providing we don't get many more sign up everyone is in, I am going to keep the reg up until Dec 18th. I am sure we will have a few people sign up not able to send birds. If all end up sending birds great I will have the room. The issue will be shipping. There is plenty of room on the truck for all the birds. The race limit is 20 birds in each race, 40 each week. We could have some really great homing pigeons that are sent each week as trainers but never trap in enough time to make the next weeks race team. Not a perfect system but it will work.

Read the posts
Dave
Posted 21st December 2010, 01:55 PM
I thought Flapdoodle was going to be the one holding the race? Has that changed? When will the rules and directions be posted for sending birds and paying the money?

http://deportivopigeons.weebly.com
Posted 21st December 2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Pete View Post
I did put 5,000 two bird teams. I just wanted to see if everyone was paying attention. I don't want to tell 5 or 6 sorry you can't send birds. Providing we don't get many more sign up everyone is in, I am going to keep the reg up until Dec 18th. I am sure we will have a few people sign up not able to send birds. If all end up sending birds great I will have the room. The issue will be shipping. There is plenty of room on the truck for all the birds. The race limit is 20 birds in each race, 40 each week. We could have some really great homing pigeons that are sent each week as trainers but never trap in enough time to make the next weeks race team. Not a perfect system but it will work.

Read the posts
Dave
K.... He did put 5000 my mistake!!
Posted 21st December 2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
Dear Shirley,

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.
Flapdoodle is doing the race I just found the post.
Dave
Posted 21st December 2010, 04:33 PM
Where is the address to send the birds?

"Blue Bombers Loft"
Posted 22nd December 2010, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Where is the address to send the birds?
Does anyone know the address? I don't know why it is not in the rules or did I not see it?

"Blue Bombers Loft"
Posted 22nd December 2010, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Does anyone know the address? I don't know why it is not in the rules or did I not see it?
he'll post later i'm sure

Tags
pigeon-talk classic