2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 3 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 8th November 2010, 09:43 PM
Exclamation

Entry/Lottery Form

I originally was going to wait until the loft is done but what the heck. If you hope to participate please complete this form. It will be up until Dec 18.

Entry Form

Posted 8th November 2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTown Racers View Post
Didnt you say that you had a very late start training your birds? I have only raced 2 yb seasons. One question I have is why are my birds horrible the first couple of races? Other guys in my club train less, but have better results on race day. There has to be something im missing. As the season goes on, they keep climbing the ladder, but the first two races drop my ave. speed big time. I think I placed 4th ave speed in our combine this yr but could have been alot better with a couple faster 125's
Yeah I did have a late start with my young birds this year but even with the late start my other birds made the eventual club champ look like a chump the first few weeks. With the slow start the first 2 weeks I picked it up with a 3rd and a 5th in the 2 150 mile races with one of my hens. She wound up 9th in champion points. The funny thing about the champ I didn't even really know who he was until he took 5th place in the 200 mile race the 5th week of the season since I never clocked him b4 that. I actually thought he was a hen because he was so small and I never really paid enough attention to him to realize he was a cock. As for you not doing as good in the first races IDK I usually do good in the first 2 races but this year I didn't which I thought was gonna get me but my birds came around and get to where they needed to be after that they were up there each week I didn't win any of the the club races but I was right there. The only race I won this yb season was the auction race from another club wher i was 1st and 5th. But if I had to pick a race to win it was a good one since the 5,500 I won made me atleast walk away with a lil profit for the season.

Check Out my Clubs website see if your interested in any of the races sponsored by my club.
WWW.LindenhurstHPC.COM

Last edited by Pigeon0446; 8th November 2010 at 10:02 PM..
Posted 8th November 2010, 09:50 PM
Red face

The Pete comes from my last name the crazy part, well cheer leaders, the law back in school, long story.

Posted 9th November 2010, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTown Racers View Post
The reason I backed out last year was because I found out that my wife was pregnant. Its kinda funny that today my daughter was born and Im on here reserving a spot.
Daughter, congrads. Your out of the race, (you got diapers to change). I'm in and the right bands are on order.

Big T.

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 9th November 2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
I originally was going to wait until the loft is done but what the heck. If you hope to participate please complete this form. It will be up until Dec 18.

Entry Form
DID IT !!!

This is going to be fun...

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee240/eyespyer/
Posted 9th November 2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyespyer View Post
DID IT !!!

This is going to be fun...
Same here!
Posted 9th November 2010, 04:52 PM
I'm in. If there are any junior members who need a sponsor, PM me, and I will be glad to help.
Posted 9th November 2010, 05:17 PM
Count me in.

I'm looking forward to next years ups and downs.
Posted 9th November 2010, 05:34 PM
Just fill up the form, HOooray!!!
Posted 9th November 2010, 05:41 PM
Some reason I am in there twice. Might want to delete one.
Posted 9th November 2010, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillfamilyloft View Post
Some reason I am in there twice. Might want to delete one.
You were just trying to reserve a spot for someone special. I went ahead and started to fill it out...
Posted 9th November 2010, 07:09 PM
I have a Van Reet hen I have a good feeling about. Count me in.
Posted 9th November 2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon0446 View Post
Thats how my best birds have been over the past few years they never showed anything in training and even maybe the first few races. But then have come on to be up near close to top of the points list in the club. Like my bird this year who wound up winning champion bird in my club the first 4 weeks of the season he didn't even do anything. But then we got to the longer races 200 miles or more and he was in the top 10 in the club for 4 races in a row 2 200's a 250 and a 300. Now that bird if he was there he might have never got his chance because of his poor results to start the season. I had another bird who would be the first bird home on almost every training toss and I only clocked her as my first bird in a race once.
Please send birds I know the system is not perfect but as soon as the bird shows me something he/she moves from the trainers to race team. In order to stay on the race team they need to keep performing. After each race, birds will be going back and forth (trainers/racers) based on how they performed that week. I know it is not ideal or a one loft set up but I think it will still be a lot of fun.
Posted 9th November 2010, 08:46 PM
EGGCELLENT! I'm so glad this all seems to have worked out just fine! Thank you to all the participants this year, all those who have posted here, and especially to Flapdoodle for doing all the "heavy lifting"! Good luck to all of you and your birds in the 2011 Pigeon-Talk Classic!

Terry
Posted 9th November 2010, 09:14 PM
I filled out the sheet and where it said $20 per team- is that for two birds or what?

Tags
pigeon-talk classic