2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 4 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 9th November 2010, 09:16 PM
Nevermind- went back, read the initial post and it answered my question for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 10th November 2010, 06:41 AM
I have received a couple of PM's about the shipping window and when to pair birds. I am pretty open as to when I can take birds but want to stick to that window the best we can. I will be going out of town the first week in May, I want all the birds in the loft a couple of weeks so I can make sure they are all good.

Someone please check my math on this, I know this not an exact science or anything but it should be based on ten days after pairing they lay, the eggs hatch 18-19 days later, the hen can lay again when the 1st round is about 3 weeks old. I don't know if this helps. Again please check my math, it was late when I put this together. Yellow is when birds are 30 days old. Hope it makes sense. Let me know If I need to make corrections.

Pairing Spreadsheet

I also copied and pasted posts in this forum to get a rules page. Let me know if their are any questions.
Posted 10th November 2010, 08:03 AM
Xueoo. Don't forget to sign up. I want you (and Warren) in there. I want another shot at greatness.

Posted 10th November 2010, 08:24 AM
NOTICE:

If there is someone who wants to participate but no longer breeds racing pigeons. I can send two birds in their name. But to make it fair, they will have to pay the $20 bucks (total for a two bird entry) to Flapdoodle. I would offer to pay it, but then the birds would not really be your entries. They would be mine.

So, if you want to PM me and set this up, c'mon. I can only do this for one person though, and this is assuming you get registered with Flapdoodle in time. Do not register until I confirm via "private message" that you are the only one I have made an agreement with.

I will send the best birds I have available during the window established by Flapdoodle for shipping. They will most likely be the nest mates of my two entries, unless I have a better option at the time. They will be sent with mine in a four bird box. Thus, the total cost to you would only be the twenty dollars you send directly to Flapdoodle. The birds and shipping are on me.

You can't beat this offer, even with a stick!

If your birds get lost during training or racing, or suck big time. Do not blame me. Blame Flapdoodle.

Where else ya gonna have a season long amount of fun for twenty dollars? You might even win a trophy for prettiest bird (you can't win the racing trophy as I have my sights set on that. Again. (sigh) )

Flapdoodle, if this offer is not kosher, just let me know.

Oh. One more thing. No fair sending those fancy pigeons some of y'all raise, in an attempt to win the "Prettiest Bird" award. Ya have to send homers dudes and dudettes.
Posted 10th November 2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post

Flapdoodle, if this offer is not kosher, just let me know.

@Conditionfreak… I was going to send a PM but figure we should open this up to the group. Great idea and a very generous offer. I am sure we can get HillFamilyLoft and others that don’t race in there own club to donate as well if we had a need.

We might have a number of members here in the forum that would want to participate but can’t send their own birds.

• Maybe members out of the US
• People that raise pigeons just not racers
• Junior members here in the forum that keep some homing pigeons but not racers. (They could get some really good racing stock out a deal like this)
• People as you have indicated that can longer keep birds

Where should those donated birds come from? The only rub that I see is that indirectly some breeders would have four birds in the loft to everyone else’s two. I know they are not “your” birds anymore but if they win, technically you would still get the credit.

I could get some mileage out of soliciting some local breeders from here in my club for this purpose. They would love to pick a couple of birds and see how they stack up against the competition. When the races start in August, soccer starts, school for the kids starts. Some of the guys here in the club help me with training, shipping, and getting my clock to knockoff. This would be a way to throw them a bone so to speak.

I know of one fancier that has pigeons that are worth thousands of dollars that is turned off by all the losses and some of the attitudes of racing fanciers in general. It is a long shot but I might be able to get them to donate a pair of babies, especially if there was a junior member here in the forum interested in a deal like this.

If the majority agrees, I can add a question to the entry about sponsoring rather then sending a team of birds. Any interested forum members would have register via the entry form. Then they would have to win a lottery spot. At that point, we could track down a pair of birds they could sponsor.

What does the group think about the idea? Where should the birds come from? Again just an idea we might not have anyone interested in going this route.
Posted 10th November 2010, 10:43 AM
I'm willing to ship 2 extra birds in a 4 bird box if someone is in need as well.

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 10th November 2010, 12:37 PM
Better idea than mine Flapdoodle. Getting birds from your combine/club, and having other PT members sponsor them. That way, as you said. I and others here, won't have more than two of our breedings in the competition.

The shipping costs can be saved also. By the sponsors and by me as well. To whom the birds belong to after the competition is completed, would need to be addressed prior. If I was sending birds for someone else to root for. Then the birds would belong to them and if they did not want to have them shipped back to them, I would have them shipped to me. I would not leave them hanging.

I hope some from countries other than the U.S. take advantage of this opportunity. Should be fun. Of course, we all know that the best racing pigeons are here in the U.S. of A. Most of them being in Pennsylvania (and Ohio).

Right?

Last edited by conditionfreak; 10th November 2010 at 01:12 PM..
Posted 10th November 2010, 01:01 PM
....and NC

LOL.

I think that is a good idea with the combine people's birds.

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 10th November 2010, 01:21 PM
On most of the one loft races the 300 mi race pays the big bucks, I thought the bird that was first on the 300 was from Iowa and he was 3 rd place in points. So with Warren not flying this year Airbaby will probly win it all.
As far as who would send a 2 bird team for some one else I don't care if its a PT member or some one from Flap's club or combine. After all this is for fun, so let the games begin.
Dave
Posted 10th November 2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah, like Dave said "Let the games begin!"

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 10th November 2010, 02:42 PM
I like that Idea too!!
I would be interested in sponsoring a couple of birds.
I can also try my own but I'm not up to par with breeding stock Yet! except for #305 and #1409 provided they play along!

Can we decide to sponsor birds around Feb 1st - Feb 15th when we know if we have fertile eggs? Will there be any info on the sponsored birds and how do we choose birds to sponsor?
Posted 10th November 2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
@Conditionfreak… I was going to send a PM but figure we should open this up to the group. Great idea and a very generous offer. I am sure we can get HillFamilyLoft and others that don’t race in there own club to donate as well if we had a need.

We might have a number of members here in the forum that would want to participate but can’t send their own birds.

• Maybe members out of the US
• People that raise pigeons just not racers
• Junior members here in the forum that keep some homing pigeons but not racers. (They could get some really good racing stock out a deal like this)
• People as you have indicated that can longer keep birds

Where should those donated birds come from? The only rub that I see is that indirectly some breeders would have four birds in the loft to everyone else’s two. I know they are not “your” birds anymore but if they win, technically you would still get the credit.

I could get some mileage out of soliciting some local breeders from here in my club for this purpose. They would love to pick a couple of birds and see how they stack up against the competition. When the races start in August, soccer starts, school for the kids starts. Some of the guys here in the club help me with training, shipping, and getting my clock to knockoff. This would be a way to throw them a bone so to speak.

I know of one fancier that has pigeons that are worth thousands of dollars that is turned off by all the losses and some of the attitudes of racing fanciers in general. It is a long shot but I might be able to get them to donate a pair of babies, especially if there was a junior member here in the forum interested in a deal like this.

If the majority agrees, I can add a question to the entry about sponsoring rather then sending a team of birds. Any interested forum members would have register via the entry form. Then they would have to win a lottery spot. At that point, we could track down a pair of birds they could sponsor.

What does the group think about the idea? Where should the birds come from? Again just an idea we might not have anyone interested in going this route.

Nice idea I'm a junior member (or will be) I wanted to join this race but I don't think I'll have any birds by then, the guys at the club will be giving me birds but I don't think it'll be in a time frame where I could send them to you, I was going to PM you but dismissed the thought because I figured I wouldn't have any eligible birds by then. Figured before I would send you birds because our terrain is similar so if the birds I train do terrible (honestly I'll be happy if I have some left next year after the races) then those birds did well I could use them as my first foundation breeders if they breed well.

Thanks,
Sho
Posted 10th November 2010, 04:20 PM
I could get some mileage out of soliciting some local breeders from here in my club for this purpose. They would love to pick a couple of birds and see how they stack up against the competition. When the races start in August, soccer starts, school for the kids starts. Some of the guys here in the club help me with training, shipping, and getting my clock to knockoff. This would be a way to throw them a bone so to speak

After rereading flaps post I like the sound of this. It kind of cut down on the braging rights if one of them wins but if one of us wins it means more compatition there for even more braging rights. I like it.
Dave
Posted 10th November 2010, 05:57 PM
Flapdoodle. I have one person that has contacted me already, about using two of my birds for this event. I would be happy to obliged him.

Please let me know if that is the route we are going to take with this. Or, if you would like me to have them go through you for birds from your combine.

I'm good with it, either way.

Thanks.
Posted 10th November 2010, 08:24 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
Flapdoodle. I have one person that has contacted me already, about using two of my birds for this event. I would be happy to obliged him.

Please let me know if that is the route we are going to take with this. Or, if you would like me to have them go through you for birds from your combine.

I'm good with it, either way.

Thanks.
At this point lets limit sponsored birds to three guys from my club that help me out with some of the "heavy lifting" so to speak. If there ends up being a need they can each put two birds up for sponsorship. All three would give the birds to me after the races so they would go to whoever sponsored them. If we get more then that that would like to participate and get a spot in the race we can figure something else out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by First To Hatch View Post
Nice idea I'm a junior member (or will be) I wanted to join this race but I don't think I'll have any birds by then, the guys at the club will be giving me birds but I don't think it'll be in a time frame where I could send them to you, I was going to PM you but dismissed the thought because I figured I wouldn't have any eligible birds by then. Figured before I would send you birds because our terrain is similar so if the birds I train do terrible (honestly I'll be happy if I have some left next year after the races) then those birds did well I could use them as my first foundation breeders if they breed well.

Thanks,
Sho
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogging_99 View Post
I like that Idea too!!
I would be interested in sponsoring a couple of birds.
I can also try my own but I'm not up to par with breeding stock Yet! except for #305 and #1409 provided they play along!

Can we decide to sponsor birds around Feb 1st - Feb 15th when we know if we have fertile eggs? Will there be any info on the sponsored birds and how do we choose birds to sponsor?
I am just thinking about this as I am typing. For you guys that might not have birds ready or for those that want to sponsor birds, sign up for the race. If you get a spot pay your $20. If we get four or five guys that want to sponsor birds and they get a spot I will round up the correct number of birds. Two from each breeder from my club, I will get video of the birds and those that are sponsoring them can pick their birds one at a time based on the order they were drawn from the lottery.

Please be aware that this is a tough course. Go back and read the thread on the last race. We had BOP issues, sickness, very slow tough races. If you really are looking to get some stock birds this might not be the best route.

Any junior member (18 and under) wanting/needing help with birds or shipping can participate, sign up and see if you get a spot.

If you are out of the US and want to play sign up and see if you get a spot.

The entry form will be up until Dec 18th. Lottery winners will be posted by Christmas. The rest we can work out prior to birds being sent.

Tags
pigeon-talk classic