2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 5 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 10th November 2010, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
@Conditionfreak… I was going to send a PM but figure we should open this up to the group. Great idea and a very generous offer. I am sure we can get HillFamilyLoft and others that don’t race in there own club to donate as well if we had a need.

We might have a number of members here in the forum that would want to participate but can’t send their own birds.

• Maybe members out of the US
• People that raise pigeons just not racers
• Junior members here in the forum that keep some homing pigeons but not racers. (They could get some really good racing stock out a deal like this)
• People as you have indicated that can longer keep birds

Where should those donated birds come from? The only rub that I see is that indirectly some breeders would have four birds in the loft to everyone else’s two. I know they are not “your” birds anymore but if they win, technically you would still get the credit.

I could get some mileage out of soliciting some local breeders from here in my club for this purpose. They would love to pick a couple of birds and see how they stack up against the competition. When the races start in August, soccer starts, school for the kids starts. Some of the guys here in the club help me with training, shipping, and getting my clock to knockoff. This would be a way to throw them a bone so to speak.

I know of one fancier that has pigeons that are worth thousands of dollars that is turned off by all the losses and some of the attitudes of racing fanciers in general. It is a long shot but I might be able to get them to donate a pair of babies, especially if there was a junior member here in the forum interested in a deal like this.

If the majority agrees, I can add a question to the entry about sponsoring rather then sending a team of birds. Any interested forum members would have register via the entry form. Then they would have to win a lottery spot. At that point, we could track down a pair of birds they could sponsor.

What does the group think about the idea? Where should the birds come from? Again just an idea we might not have anyone interested in going this route.
Hi Flap and everybody,
Great idea both of you Conditionfreak and yourself Flap! I logged into the PT site today after a long time and going through this thread, I was just wondering in which way I could take part or just help a beginner. As I mentioned in another thread, I don't live in the US, I reside in India, but would certainly be interested by Flap's offer of entering two of your club members' birds and pay the $20 fee for those 2 (you select the best fancier) and also another $20 to help a newbie.
So I'll fill up the form if it's OK with you all and if I'm in, I'll send you a cheque (in Euros) for the equivalent amount or in US$ if it's OK with my bank, I don't see why it shouldn't. After the season, the breeder can collect his birds from you as I'm not going to have them shipped all the way here.
Count me in to sponsor the beginner in any case.
God bless,
Jean-Pierre
(jpsnapdy)

Posted 11th November 2010, 06:09 AM

Sponsor

jpsnapdy, that's very generous of you and in a way you have entered the race if Tom gives you the band numbers of the young flyer you sponsor, you have to send your good thoughts to that bird and watch every race result >Kevin
Posted 11th November 2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersonk2002 View Post
jpsnapdy, that's very generous of you and in a way you have entered the race if Tom gives you the band numbers of the young flyer you sponsor, you have to send your good thoughts to that bird and watch every race result >Kevin
Thanks Kevin / Patterson, but I did follow the PT 2010 race from start to finish with much interest, race results and all. This will make it even better.
I always try to help new fanciers as best I can in the interest of our wonderful sport by giving them birds and tips etc. 'til they need me. Hopefully, one day they will do the same for others... That's what my mentor did for me, he even gave me some YBs from eggs he had got from John Marles, very fast birds!

Last edited by jpsnapdy; 11th November 2010 at 06:49 AM..

Posted 12th November 2010, 07:40 AM
Hey all. I talked to rackerman and I am going to pay the entry for a couple of birds for him. He got a lot of my birds when I had to get rid of them this summer (thought I did that is) I just wondered what quality of birds they were so I thought it would be fun. I also would be happy to sponsor a junior member if there are any in need of it.

Last edited by bcr1; 12th November 2010 at 07:43 AM..
Posted 12th November 2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPigeon Loft View Post
Just signed up for the fun

I would be more than willing to donate for one of the junior members.

Anyone know if Mr. Warren Smith is getting in this year?
I think Warren is scared, but I bet his wife will put a few in. She is the defending champion.
Posted 12th November 2010, 03:33 PM

Congratulation!

Quote:
Just signed up for the fun

I would be more than willing to donate for one of the junior members.

Anyone know if Mr. Warren Smith is getting in this year?

i saw your race results at the CBS mercedes classic. CONGRATS for being on top on one of the races.

kalapati
San Diego
Posted 12th November 2010, 03:40 PM
I just checked the list and we've got 36 so far. Let's get this show on the road!

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15

Last edited by g0ldenb0y55; 12th November 2010 at 04:41 PM..
Posted 12th November 2010, 03:46 PM
Yay! Glad to see so many people in so far. Now lets get some more!

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 12th November 2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillfamilyloft View Post
I think Warren is scared, but I bet his wife will put a few in. She is the defending champion.
I see a Defending Champ slot on the entered sheet. Saved spot, or is s/he really in already?

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 12th November 2010, 03:54 PM
If I read the post correctly, we need about 14 more to sign up, as Flapdoodle said 100 birds is about the max that he could take care of. We should hit that hopefully in the next week or two.
Posted 12th November 2010, 04:47 PM
I think I've got my 2 pairs picked out for this race. I'll be sending one from each pair. Very excited about this!

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Posted 12th November 2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ldenb0y55 View Post
I think I've got my 2 pairs picked out for this race. I'll be sending one from each pair. Very excited about this!
I know one pair I'll send a bird from. But I'm still contemplating on the other. I would have had it figured out, if that dog wouldn't have messed up my matings

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 12th November 2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Thanks man! Yea won the first 200 outright and we were looking good until that final 300. Had a bird do okay in the Twister, made my entry money back for next year.

Live to fly another day!
Congrats, not a easy race to do well in. Lot of big dogs in this one.
Posted 12th November 2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post
I know one pair I'll send a bird from. But I'm still contemplating on the other. I would have had it figured out, if that dog wouldn't have messed up my matings
Yeah, that was tragic Becky. I'm sure you'll get it back to the way it was before or even better!

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Posted 12th November 2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Thanks man! Yea won the first 200 outright and we were looking good until that final 300. Had a bird do okay in the Twister, made my entry money back for next year.

Live to fly another day!
We've got some tough competition if your entering birds of that caliber! This is really getting exciting.

Didn't Matt (Southtown Racers) get his birds from you? looks like he's been doing really well and his name is on the list for this race also.

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"

Tags
pigeon-talk classic