2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 51 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 17th April 2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon0446 View Post
I feel ppl should be able to speak their mind you didn't like Ace's birds for whatever reason that's you choice. I can't say anything either way because I've never had any of his birds or really had any dealings with him I read the other threads with all the bs that went on with you guys so be it. It really don't matter to me. But atleast you have his birds and know what they are and you talked crap about them. When I first joined this forum I posted pics of some of my birds and I had ppl putting down my birds but nobody stuck up for me because it was one of the ppl that the ppl on here thought was some god in the pigeon world but really isn't all that impressive to ppl who know more about the sport. But what can you do your always gonna have ppl who are jealous of what they can't have.

Sorry for taking this thread off topic again but it just bothers me certain ppl can say almost anything and nobody says anything but others would get ostracised. If they were to say the same thing. Sorry once again.
I would say welcome to my world Brother, but it appears that we have something in common with arm chair quarter backs. Stay tuned and watch and see. I think the critics out there could at least post the race sheets of the races they entered. Take care and have fun.

Posted 17th April 2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Your post reminded me of an auction I went to about a month ago. And all the guys are checking over the birds feeling them all up looking at their eye's and down their throat. And all the other crap ppl do when they are looking a the birds in the auction. Then one guy asked one of the guys doing all these dif things to try to find what they believe is the perfect bird. "What are you looking for? If we knew what to look for we wouldn't be here buying a bird for an auction race. We'd already know who was gonna win the race." I know it's not on the same topic but I thought it was a good story and kinda related. In that if it was that easy to pick out the best it would have already been done. Just like if it was that easy t breed the best it would already have been done.
Quite right. Like no visitors to my loft were ever able to spot my long standing champion hen because they all go by looks and this bird, though not an ugly one, was a very quiet pigeon. It always made me smile.

Last edited by jpsnapdy; 17th April 2011 at 07:21 AM..
Posted 17th April 2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
I feel ppl should be able to speak their mind you didn't like Ace's birds for whatever reason that's you choice. I can't say anything either way because I've never had any of his birds or really had any dealings with him I read the other threads with all the bs that went on with you guys so be it. It really don't matter to me. But at least you have his birds and know what they are and you talked crap about them. When I first joined this forum I posted pics of some of my birds and I had ppl putting down my birds but nobody stuck up for me because it was one of the ppl that the ppl on here thought was some god in the pigeon world but really isn't all that impressive to ppl who know more about the sport. But what can you do your always gonna have ppl who are jealous of what they can't have.

Sorry for taking this thread off topic again but it just bothers me certain ppl can say almost anything and nobody says anything but others would get ostracised. If they were to say the same thing. Sorry once again.

I did not take this thread off topic...I was asked a direct question and I replied. If they did not want my opinion they shouldn't ask for it.
On ebay sellers can't bash customers from giving their feedback and reasons for it.
On here they will try to get you banned if it might hurt their feather peddling.

" So when they poke fun calling me "jaxtex" its all alright...but when I poke back they get all uptight "~ kid rock verse amended to the PT classic

Anyway, I'm glad I am not the only one that See's this is bullying. Happy Racing people and sorry Rackerman I tried to help ya get in the races and this got way way way derailed..which is easier for them then actually helping another person.

Posted 17th April 2011, 07:43 AM
Not to change the subject here (what is the subject anyway, the P T Classic?), but yesterday I had an interesting experience (for me anyway) that I thought I would share.

I went to visit a friend and drop off some birds for a money race in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I met my friend at a pigeon auction for the upcoming (in October I believe) GNEO race. First place money is apparently $10,000. The birds in this race not only have to be banded with money bands, but also each bird is auctioned off to a handler.

This not not near as big financially as many one loft races most of you are familiar with, but it is a decent sum that a lucky person can win.

Anyway, the interesting part for me was that there were at least one hundred flyers there. I have never seen such a thing before. One hundred pigeon racing enthusiasts all together in one place. The most I have ever seen previously was maybe twenty.

I am sure that some of you have went to conventions and observed many more together at once, and I am sure that some of you routinely see numbers like that (in NY, Springhill Fla, ect). But to me it was unique.

I met a couple of "new to the sport" people there. It was encouraging. I don't know if it has anything to do with the Mike Tyson shows about pigeons, but I suspect it may. The ones I met were in the beginning phases of building their first lofts and obtaining their first birds. As usually with us humans, they were buying birds before their lofts were actually completed. (that was the way I started also)

I didn't see but a couple of people under 40 though, and they were there with their fathers I believe. There were maybe fifteen that I would say were in their 40's and the rest were old guys like me, with maybe four female flyers also in attendance.

It was kind of fun to have so many people together in one place, that spoke the same "language". Maybe that is why I like to visit this forum so often. We speak the same language. Tell a non-pigeon person about a "pin tail" or "eye sign" and you will get a perplexed look on their face. I bet even a veterinarian, poultry farmer or zoo keeper would not know what the heck you were referring to.
Posted 17th April 2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRacingLofts View Post
I did not take this thread off topic...I was asked a direct question and I replied. If they did not want my opinion they shouldn't ask for it.
On ebay sellers can't bash customers from giving their feedback and reasons for it.
On here they will try to get you banned if it might hurt their feather peddling.

" So when they poke fun calling me "jaxtex" its all alright...but when I poke back they get all uptight "~ kid rock verse amended to the PT classic

Anyway, I'm glad I am not the only one that See's this is bullying. Happy Racing people and sorry Rackerman I tried to help ya get in the races and this got way way way derailed..which is easier for them then actually helping another person.
Exactly my point. You and Ace need to quit using these posts for bullying each other and name calling. This really is none of our business or concern. So please take it somewhere else. This is the PT race thread. Lets talk about racing. Make a I hate the world post somewhere else.

The facts are that you bought some birds from ACE and brought your friend with you. Ace accused you and your friend of stealing a bird or two while you were there.(speculation) He apologized publicly. You were angry. You offered some of the birds to me later, Ace told me that I did not want any of the birds that I was looking for something else, You took that as the birds were "crap". (speculation) You never bred or tested the birds. You and ACE continue to bicker about the subject in this public forum.(Fact) We know the facts. Let us make our judgement. I have had dealing with the both of you and other than your treatment of each other, have not had any problems with either.(both don't seem to be all that bad) If this were a court of law this case would have been thrown out a long time ago. The only fact here is you don't like each other. This issue should have its own forum. The trash can. As for the birds, give them to someone who will appreciate them so they do not have to suffer in spite.
Posted 17th April 2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Things are going good thus far. I cant wait to turn them out though!
Glad to hear everything is going well! Are you going to do video updates and stuff like that for the rae?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillfamilyloft View Post
This is Nuggets Country!
I give the Nuggets credit for doing what they've done without Carmelo Anthony. George Karl is a great coach but it'll be a tough series with OKC in the first round.

Flap - How are things going!

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15

Last edited by g0ldenb0y55; 17th April 2011 at 11:05 AM..
Posted 17th April 2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
if it was that easy to pick out the best it would have already been done. Just like if it was that easy t breed the best it would already have been done.
Yes, this was my point exactly, and the PT Classic seems like a great way to test out how everybody's breeding programs are doing. This year I will be an eager spectator, and hopefully next year, I will be able to send my own birds as part of my learning curve. Racing is exciting, but breeding is what is really interesting to me- figuring out how to improve the bloodlines in your loft, over time to be able to consistently produce quality racers. That is the kind of intellectual and spiritual journey that attracted me to this sport- plus being a washed up jock looking for an arena to compete in without having to put my tired and beat to heck old body through any more pain.
Posted 17th April 2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
Ha Ha.

Anyway, you know what they say about "squids". The definition of a "squid" is a "low form of Marine life". Ha Ha (look it up in your Websters). Ha Ha ha

Comparing sailors and jarheads to pigeons. Let's just characterize it this way. The Marines actually go through the trap. The Navy just gets the Marines to the landing board, park..., and watch the Marines go into the trap.

Sailors do have their place in the word. Much like bus and cab drivers.

Ha ha Ha Ha (we could do this kind of stuff all day, couldn't we BigT)

I agree, and as alway a pleasure to disagree. This race and this thread is for FUN!!! I been reading a few posts that like ours ,(skunk), get off subject, but at least we keep it fun. I not sure about others, but pigeons and this site is my hobby. My way to releave stress and to find enjoyment. We tease and kid one another and that is ok. Sometimes we do business with one another and like all business transactions, sometimes we feel we didn't get what we pay for. Buying birds is always a flip of the coin. Might be a good deal, might not. There are too many variables when dealing with a life and money that can go wrong. I keep my business with the people on this forum in the PMs and use the threads to ask questions, answer questions, find birds I'm looking for, or to let people know I have birds. But when it comes to the business side, we PM one another. I have gotten a couple of bad deals, and I have gotten some great birds. But I like to follow my mother's rule, "If you can't say something nice, then say nothing at all."

God Bless and may you all come in second,
Tony

PS The definition of a "squid" is a "Biological life form that floats around the oceans and poops on Marine life." Like our pigeons do to us.

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 17th April 2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Rackerman. That is a bummer about your pairing. I can give you two birds for the PT competition, if you want. They would be ready in about two weeks. I have several pairs to choose from.

The way I see it is like this. If I purchase some young birds from Ganus (or whomever) and send them to a one loft race, they are still my birds. So, if someone gives me some young birds for the PT competition, they are still my birds. They were not bred by me, but they are now my property and come back to me after the competition.

They belong to you if I provide them to you. I obtained birds from "ace in the hole", that he bred, and I have no problems at all accepting diplomas from my combine, if Ace's birds win for me. They are my birds. If an adopted son becomes a war hero, would the father that adopted him not be proud?

It's up to you. If interested I can send you a PM and tell you about the pairs I have with young and you can choose which you like. You can even send me one dollar to make it an official purchase, if you want.

It really is a lot of fun reading about how the birds are doing throughout the season, and also to watch the videos. I can even provide you a bird that has a decent chance of winning the "prettiest bird" contest, and will fly well also.
conditionfreak, I sent you a PM on your offer and I have not heard back from you, are you getting my PM???

Russ

"Blue Bombers Loft"
Posted 17th April 2011, 08:23 PM
I did not receive the PM rackerman. My inbox was full. I have somewhat emptied it and have sent you a PM.
Posted 18th April 2011, 01:13 AM
Quote:
I did not receive the PM rackerman. My inbox was full. I have somewhat emptied it and have sent you a PM.
Sent you a PM.

"Blue Bombers Loft"
Posted 18th April 2011, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ldenb0y55 View Post

Flap - How are things going!
Hi all... things are going great on my end. There is just not enough time in day. The birds look good. We have the first two sections full and are working on number three.

For those shipping this week please send me a PM with tracking info. We have a few that plan to ship next week as well.

Please be sure to send early next week. If at all possible please do not ship birds after Monday April 25th. I will be out of town May 5, 6, and 7th. I want all the birds early the week before I go. I want to be sure all the birds are eating and drinking on there own without any problems before I leave.

We will open up shipping for one more week on May 9th.

After my trip my extra time will not be split and I can spend more time on birds, posts, videos and such. As I recall that is what happened last year.

Again hope all is well.
Posted 18th April 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm going to the post office later this afternoon with 2 birds. Hope I don't run into a line of late filers. I forgot that they had extended the deadline until today. I'll send the tracking info this evening.
Posted 18th April 2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
Hi all... things are going great on my end. There is just not enough time in day. The birds look good. We have the first two sections full and are working on number three.

For those shipping this week please send me a PM with tracking info. We have a few that plan to ship next week as well.

Please be sure to send early next week. If at all possible please do not ship birds after Monday April 25th. I will be out of town May 5, 6, and 7th. I want all the birds early the week before I go. I want to be sure all the birds are eating and drinking on there own without any problems before I leave.

We will open up shipping for one more week on May 9th.

After my trip my extra time will not be split and I can spend more time on birds, posts, videos and such. As I recall that is what happened last year.

Again hope all is well.
This is good news! The videos and updates should help keep the tension down in this thread. People are getting a little antsy!

We've got conditionfreak posting pictures of albino skunks and self portraits! Handsome fellow but I'd rather see some birds!

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 18th April 2011, 03:46 PM
Two birds shipped today at 3:30 - Just sent payment to your paypal account. Hope they get there quickly.

Tags
pigeon-talk classic