2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 6 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 12th November 2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillfamilyloft View Post
Congrats, not a easy race to do well in. Lot of big dogs in this one.
your birds look pretty potent as well my friend!

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 12th November 2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ldenb0y55 View Post
Last year I had Ace send me a couple off of crossed blood with mine. I was having breeding issues. The crosses did not do too well for us. This year I am looking forward to sending birds off my proven pairs. Tough course to fly in Cali with Flap. I think our goal should be to win him a few races and get him some points in the combine.
Randy
Posted 12th November 2010, 08:44 PM
Might just do Warren's wife's strategy and put in some pretty ones. Seemed to work for her. Since she is the defending champion, do you think we ought to let Warren enter a couple also? Might make for a fun spousal competition. See who is better at picking birds for the race. See if he can get the trophy to his side of the case.

Posted 12th November 2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ldenb0y55 View Post
My birds are much better off than my pocket book. Would love to have the dollars to send to the truck race, world ace challenge, or Flamingo etc. Want to test them on the big stage on equal terms.
Posted 12th November 2010, 08:50 PM
Last year they tried to say it would be an easy course by the end of the season the truth comes out. The only thing easy was posting so I'm not sure what to send I'll be the first person to loose both.
Dave
Posted 13th November 2010, 12:57 AM
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
Better idea than mine Flapdoodle. Getting birds from your combine/club, and having other PT members sponsor them. That way, as you said. I and others here, won't have more than two of our breedings in the competition.

The shipping costs can be saved also. By the sponsors and by me as well. To whom the birds belong to after the competition is completed, would need to be addressed prior. If I was sending birds for someone else to root for. Then the birds would belong to them and if they did not want to have them shipped back to them, I would have them shipped to me. I would not leave them hanging.

I hope some from countries other than the U.S. take advantage of this opportunity. Should be fun. Of course, we all know that the best racing pigeons are here in the U.S. of A. Most of them being in Pennsylvania (and Ohio).

Right?
Right
Posted 13th November 2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Pete View Post
Last year they tried to say it would be an easy course by the end of the season the truth comes out. The only thing easy was posting so I'm not sure what to send I'll be the first person to loose both.
Dave
I knew it wouldn't be easy, flying with those mountains

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 13th November 2010, 07:56 AM

Pied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr1 View Post
Hey all. I talked to rackerman and I am going to pay the entry for a couple of birds for him. He got a lot of my birds when I had to get rid of them this summer (thought I did that is) I just wondered what quality of birds they were so I thought it would be fun. I also would be happy to sponsor a junior member if there are any in need of it.
Well I got a cute looking pied homer from Russ, does that mean that if I enter her young you will pay mine to LOL just kidding bcr1, but I might enter one of the young, I am just not sure with a two bird entry. I am going to take a good look at every young bird and try to pick one's that will at least beat the current champ, I am not sure how they will do against the other competition though. I will let you know if blood from your birds are in the race. >Kevin
Posted 13th November 2010, 08:03 AM

Birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsnapdy View Post
Right
You can't forget that I had an almost good bird from Michigan, well he was shipped back to me anyway. I do think it trapped in my loft and was lost from ohio, so I sent it out to the Fapdoodle.>Kevin
Posted 13th November 2010, 03:15 PM
I'm in with bcr1 birds to see what they do, wish I could have one of mine going. Anyway, this will be fun. I watched the last race and boy, it was fun just watching!! Pattersonk, let the games begin.....

"Blue Bombers Loft"
Posted 13th November 2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr1 View Post
Hey all. I talked to rackerman and I am going to pay the entry for a couple of birds for him. He got a lot of my birds when I had to get rid of them this summer (thought I did that is) I just wondered what quality of birds they were so I thought it would be fun. I also would be happy to sponsor a junior member if there are any in need of it.
Great, were in Brian!!

"Blue Bombers Loft"
Posted 13th November 2010, 04:26 PM
Ok russ, I just signed up too so you will get to have a couple of yours in too. Now you just got to make em have babies in time.
Posted 14th November 2010, 09:24 AM
1 one and we hit 40 breeders! Tom you might have a full house this year! Let's go!

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 14th November 2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillfamilyloft View Post
Might just do Warren's wife's strategy and put in some pretty ones. Seemed to work for her. Since she is the defending champion, do you think we ought to let Warren enter a couple also? Might make for a fun spousal competition. See who is better at picking birds for the race. See if he can get the trophy to his side of the case.
Hey, when she is not home, and the pigeon guys come to visit, I always claim it as mine ! I mean you guys got to give me some credit, after all, she is the one who called me at work one time and said "a big brown pigeon" was trying to get into the loft, and so she propped open the loft door for him to go in, and then shut the door behind him when he got in, but then all the other pigeons wanted to get out !!!

As I was screaming into the phone, and peeing my pants, she laughed and told me it was a joke. That she really did know the difference between a Coopers Hawk and a red pigeon, which she says is really brown.

I'm thinking just like at my local club, I got to let some others win once in awhile....just so everyone does not just up and quit !
Posted 14th November 2010, 06:50 PM
God, I love that joke that your wife put you through! She is a keeper. If she can make your blood flows faster without exercise it is all good. LOL!

"I like to believe in people."
Jonathan Kent, Smallville

Tags
pigeon-talk classic