2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 7 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 14th November 2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithFamilyLoft View Post

I'm thinking just like at my local club, I got to let some others win once in awhile....just so everyone does not just up and quit !
sounds like a cop out. Most of us are in here because we want to beat you. You in the race is more of a motivator. If we beat your wife, then you have a excuse that the birds were hers.
Advertisement

Posted 15th November 2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersonk2002 View Post
You can't forget that I had an almost good bird from Michigan, well he was shipped back to me anyway. I do think it trapped in my loft and was lost from ohio, so I sent it out to the Fapdoodle.>Kevin
Good one then!
Posted 15th November 2010, 07:44 AM
@ flapdoodle, and everybody in the race,
On second thought:
If I'm in and if the breeder (one of Tom's combine members) (that's all a bit iffy, I know), so if your combine member is willing, the birds I sponsor can go to the "Help a beginner Program" or to the person who ends up at the bottom of the 2011 PT race results, provided the bird(s) do well (that's another if). This could encourage some fanciers to join even if they're not too sure how their own birds will do; at least they stand to improve a bit by getting one or two better pigeons?
what do you guys think ?

Posted 15th November 2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithFamilyLoft View Post
Hey, when she is not home, and the pigeon guys come to visit, I always claim it as mine ! I mean you guys got to give me some credit, after all, she is the one who called me at work one time and said "a big brown pigeon" was trying to get into the loft, and so she propped open the loft door for him to go in, and then shut the door behind him when he got in, but then all the other pigeons wanted to get out !!!

As I was screaming into the phone, and peeing my pants, she laughed and told me it was a joke. That she really did know the difference between a Coopers Hawk and a red pigeon, which she says is really brown.

I'm thinking just like at my local club, I got to let some others win once in awhile....just so everyone does not just up and quit !
I like your wife!!!! I'll pay her twenty so she can defend her rights. Also when did you start speaking for your wife? Does she know? I think you may be in the doghouse if she finds out. Tell her to enter her hawk, our birds will fly faster.

You know you got to play, so just admit it.

Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 15th November 2010, 08:36 AM
One win could just be luck, hillfamilyloft put some fine birds at auction I'll bet not his very best. Airbaby came in 3 rd and beat you on the 300 you like to do things for $ I have $100 that says you can't do it two times in a row. You win I will send you the money or to a charity of your choise. And if you loose some one else get to say they beat you, and you pay nothing.
Dave, Crazy Pete
Posted 15th November 2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsnapdy View Post
@ flapdoodle, and everybody in the race,
On second thought:
If I'm in and if the breeder (one of Tom's combine members) (that's all a bit iffy, I know), so if your combine member is willing, the birds I sponsor can go to the "Help a beginner Program" or to the person who ends up at the bottom of the 2011 PT race results, provided the bird(s) do well (that's another if). This could encourage some fanciers to join even if they're not too sure how their own birds will do; at least they stand to improve a bit by getting one or two better pigeons?
what do you guys think ?
I think that's a good idea
I was wondering what people in other countries were going to do about "their" birds after the races. Obviously most cannot afford importing (not to mention the stress from it). I was thinking either they could be given/donated to certain people like you suggested, or maybe auctioned off or something.

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 15th November 2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Pete View Post
One win could just be luck, hillfamilyloft put some fine birds at auction I'll bet not his very best. Airbaby came in 3 rd and beat you on the 300 you like to do things for $ I have $100 that says you can't do it two times in a row. You win I will send you the money or to a charity of your choise. And if you loose some one else get to say they beat you, and you pay nothing.
Dave, Crazy Pete
I like this!.....you are definitely a gamer Dave!

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 15th November 2010, 02:14 PM
Hey Warren.

I know that it is sometimes hard to get a woman on camera (because it takes them about two hours to get "prettied up"), but when are you going to post a video of the two winners?

Also, have you thought about auctioning off your winner here on PT, or maybe even putting it up for sale on your web site. "The Pigeon Talk Classic Winner", should be worth something. Especially with the last name "Smith".

You could donate the proceeds to a charity, or to the next winner of the "P_T Classic".

Since you're retired and all, from this event.
Posted 15th November 2010, 03:08 PM

Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
I like your wife!!!! I'll pay her twenty so she can defend her rights. Also when did you start speaking for your wife? Does she know? I think you may be in the doghouse if she finds out. Tell her to enter her hawk, our birds will fly faster.

You know you got to play, so just admit it.

Tony
I was thinking her Hawk was in the race, that is why there was so many MIA. I am just happy to see mine was able to out fly her second best>Kevin
Posted 17th November 2010, 07:22 AM

You wana bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackerman View Post
I'm in with bcr1 birds to see what they do, wish I could have one of mine going. Anyway, this will be fun. I watched the last race and boy, it was fun just watching!! Pattersonk, let the games begin.....
You guys won't even get out of the loft, even if you do I going to beat you with your own birds. Unless you are going to race those whites you picked up from me
Posted 17th November 2010, 07:32 AM

breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr1 View Post
Ok russ, I just signed up too so you will get to have a couple of yours in too. Now you just got to make em have babies in time.
Good luck Russ, I am thinking you should breed these pairs inside though. You know how cold it gets there>Kevin
Posted 17th November 2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Good luck Russ, I am thinking you should breed these pairs inside though. You know how cold it gets there>Kevin
[B]I have some good birds! Remember what you said, "you are going to beat me with my birds", so I guess I win either way.........[/Baid, ]

"Blue Bombers Loft"
Posted 17th November 2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
You guys won't even get out of the loft, even if you do I going to beat you with your own birds. Unless you are going to race those whites you picked up from me
I have some good birds, like you say! Just remember what you said, "you are going to beat me with my birds", so I guess I win either way...LOL...[/

"Blue Bombers Loft"
Posted 17th November 2010, 08:51 AM
Gonna be funny when all of us guys get beat by a female, again.
Posted 17th November 2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post
I think that's a good idea
I was wondering what people in other countries were going to do about "their" birds after the races. Obviously most cannot afford importing (not to mention the stress from it). I was thinking either they could be given/donated to certain people like you suggested, or maybe auctioned off or something.
I personally am not for the auctions, not in this sort of friendly race, I don't think we're in it for the money? but let the majority decide.

Tags
pigeon-talk classic