2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 8 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 17th November 2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPigeon Loft View Post
So SFL is the Defending Champion on the list?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post
I see a Defending Champ slot on the entered sheet. Saved spot, or is s/he really in already?
I have not heard from Mr or Mrs Smith other then what has been posted here in the forum. We had one breeder that showed up twice on the list. Rather then delete them I went ahead and just change the entry to "Defending Champ".

My take on this is the Smith's are just holding out until Dec 17 just to build some suspense. Being this is "THE RACE", the super bowl, the world series, the end all be all in of pigeon racing, I can't image how anyone in their right mind would pass up on defending "THEIR" title. Can you imagine for example if the Giants earned the spot in the world series next year say no we are not coming we want to give another team a shot. It would be crazy talk.

In the event that December 18th rolls around and no word of an entry from our defending champ I think the only thing we can do is put an APB out for the closest 2 YB's we can get to pure Smith blood. Those two birds will represent the Smith Family Line in the race. If I can't find two that are pretty close, I will trap a couple of the top of Walmart in town and enter them on behalf of the defending champ.

@ Warren: You still owe us a video or at least a picture of the Champ Bird, Trophy and Breeder.

What ever you do keep the camera away from Duane we both know he can't keep the camera upright.

I am also calling BS on the 9 out of 10 rounds in the black at 100'yds... No way James is that good...

Just sign up for the biggest little race in the world and send me a couple of birds to fly...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 17th November 2010, 01:35 PM

I think I may have found a loft

Club meeting last night, a guy that has not flown in a few years offered me a loft free of charge I just need to disassemble, move and reassemble. It is 40 x 8 feet with five sections. I am going to go take a look later this week.

Last edited by Flapdoodle; 17th November 2010 at 01:47 PM..
Posted 17th November 2010, 01:37 PM

Bands

Bands for the race need to be 2011 IF or AU bands. Two options for bands if you don't have your own:

#1 The club is holding an average speed band race. It is going to be over 3 races. If someone is interested in purchasing bands for their two entries let me know. We are still working out the details. I think it is going to be $30 a band but not sure yet.

#2 I can give you some of mine for your entries. I have 100 bands ordered and won't use more then ten. They are AU bands.

Posted 17th November 2010, 02:33 PM
Hello flap doodle I just filled out my entree form and will be needing some of those 2011 bands because Im not planning on breeding many birds next year please PM me if you can spare 2. Also where do I send the money and the birds???

http://deportivopigeons.weebly.com
Posted 17th November 2010, 08:25 PM
I just signed up,and I think I`m #42....Which is a good omen for me...I was hatched in 1942 !
hahahahaha!!!....Good luck everyone !!.......Alamo
Posted 18th November 2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
I just signed up,and I think I`m #42....Which is a good omen for me...I was hatched in 1942 !
hahahahaha!!!....Good luck everyone !!.......Alamo
This means you will place 42 in the races.

LOL Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 18th November 2010, 04:45 AM
BIG T.....You are probally right...And since I don`t have any WINGS,I would be walking home from the race stations ......hahahahaha!!!!! It`s a good thing my PIGEONS will be flying,and not me......If I was a pigeon,I would be hawk bait for sure....I think there is a guy who flys birds who`s loft name is HAWKBAIT LOFT.....Alamo
Posted 18th November 2010, 06:54 AM
Ha Ha. A good friend of mine has his lofts named "Hawk Roost Lofts". He has a real tough hawk problem where he is at.

Back when I first got started, I considered calling my lofts "Take Out" lofts or "Drive Thru" lofts.
Posted 18th November 2010, 08:45 AM

loft mames

Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
Ha Ha. A good friend of mine has his lofts named "Hawk Roost Lofts". He has a real tough hawk problem where he is at.

Back when I first got started, I considered calling my lofts "Take Out" lofts or "Drive Thru" lofts.
Maybe it could be Hot-N-Now lofts, fly threw service window avalible>Kevin
Posted 18th November 2010, 09:52 AM
Heck, after this much heated debate and rivalry, I can toss some birds in the race. Nothing to really brag about on my end. I might be able to breed a few more for some members too if they like me to send it in for them. I would just drive up north and get with Flap on a time to drop off the young birds. If any junior wants I'll donate birds and pay for their entry fees. They can keep any earnings and birds after the race, if it performs. Just throwing it out there. Food for thought.

Last edited by pigeonnewb; 18th November 2010 at 09:54 AM..
Posted 18th November 2010, 12:20 PM

New loft for the race?

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f38/my...oft-48446.html

Anybody have any thoughts on this loft?
Posted 18th November 2010, 01:54 PM
Wow, that's a huge open face loft. Not sure how I would go about moving that thing but with a fresh coat of paint and some modifications, you have yourself pretty nice loft.

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 18th November 2010, 03:55 PM
How far do you have to move it? Do you or any body in the club have access to a flat bed trailer? It would have to be some sort of low boy trailer. My loft is 10 by 16 we used a car trailer, the loft wae wider then the trailer. We had to bur those 4 in trucker straps and go all the way over the loft, and then had to pull it over 80 miles to get it home. Don't forget the permit you do not want trouble with DOT.
Dave
Posted 18th November 2010, 05:08 PM
Good luck to you. It looks like a hell of a project to break it down and ship. Unfortunately, if you have access to a crane and lowbed, the costs would be very high, unless you know the people. Dismantling is alot of work, even breaking it all the way down to the studs, flooring, root, etc, it looks like alot of work. Good luck to you on this endeavor.
Posted 18th November 2010, 05:21 PM
I forgot to mention that with the size of the loft you would not need a permit to transport it, and it would fit on a 48' flatbed. The crane would be the real expense, provided the loft could handle the stress without falling apart.

Tags
pigeon-talk classic