2011 2nd Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic - Page 9 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 18th November 2010, 07:16 PM
If you got a 45 foot flatbed trailer, a truck to pull it, six ten foot 4X4s and enough blocks. You remove the lattes work underneath. Slide the 4X4s under the loft every eight feet. Slowly jack up each side and each 4X4 a block at a time until it is high enough to pull the trailer underneath. Then slowly lower it onto the trailer a block at a time. Strap it down real good and drive like your grandpa to your house. Then park the trailer where you want the loft and start the process all over again in reverse.

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 18th November 2010, 07:32 PM
bbcdon yes he would need a permit unless they were to cut the over hang of the roof, that makes it over 10 ft.
Dave
Posted 18th November 2010, 07:37 PM
As long as the load is not over 14', he is OK. The standard is 4 1/2' on the height of the trailer. If the loft is 9 1/2' or lower in height, he is OK. You are right. I forgot about the overhang of the roof structure. If you are over 102" wide, you will need a permit. I forgot about the overhang of the roof. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Last edited by bbcdon; 18th November 2010 at 07:40 PM..

Posted 18th November 2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcdon View Post
As long as the load is not over 14', he is OK. The standard is 4 1/2' on the height of the trailer. If the loft is 9 1/2' or lower in height, he is OK.
Don't ya'll think he needs to get it on a trailer before we start worrying about a little old permit.

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 18th November 2010, 07:42 PM
You are right Tony. He can sweat the minor stuff once it is on the trailer.
Posted 18th November 2010, 07:43 PM
If I were still a truck owner-operator, I would be glad to volunteer the truck and trailer for the transporting to the new site.
Posted 19th November 2010, 06:04 AM

Moving

Tom, I don't see your comments on others comments. I do a lot of remodeling and recycling of wood and know all to well it takes time (not hrd) but time to take things apart, pull nails and reassemble. If you lived near by, I have two old mobile home beams with the axles, I would pull them underneath the loft and reattach the axles after jacking. Of course I also have the hitch and portable welder to cross brace for the move. this could be pulled with a dually diesel pickup, maybe less. As I said if you lived here, since you don't you might try checking out a house mover or somebody similar, you don't need a crane and a flat bed even though it would work. I also have Amish communities near me, I bet if I stopped in and talked with them they would pull it with horses. >Kevin
Posted 19th November 2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersonk2002 View Post
I also have Amish communities near me, I bet if I stopped in and talked with them they would pull it with horses. >Kevin
That made me laugh because they would..they don't mess around
Posted 19th November 2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f38/my...oft-48446.html

Anybody have any thoughts on this loft?
I think I broke a rule or did something stupid. I have two threads going on the same topic.

I going to keep my loft posts over on the thread in that section. Thanks for the advice. I will start the project next week and update that thread....
Posted 19th November 2010, 09:55 AM
We now have 48 signed up for this race!

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 19th November 2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah! Come on, surely there are two more people wanting to get on this I'm glad to see yet another club member joining. I KNOW there are more NC people here. I think they need to get in on the action as well

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 19th November 2010, 05:32 PM
Looks like I'm 49th. Don't know how I missed this thread. I blinked and this thread had so many pages I thought it was one of the other threads where everyone was debating and I didn't bother looking. Glad to hear this is a go and look forward to sending something. I'm still testing breeding combinations so this will be helpful in addition to being fun.

Kastle Loft
ThePigeonPhotographer.com
Follow me on Facebook
Posted 19th November 2010, 06:55 PM
All the spots are filled now

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 19th November 2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstephenson View Post
Looks like I'm 49th. Don't know how I missed this thread. I blinked and this thread had so many pages I thought it was one of the other threads where everyone was debating and I didn't bother looking. Glad to hear this is a go and look forward to sending something. I'm still testing breeding combinations so this will be helpful in addition to being fun.
lol i missed this too ..i guess i'll wait till next year.
Posted 19th November 2010, 07:59 PM
You can still sign up until the middle of December and he'll be doing a lottery to see who get in or not. I was on the fence if I would send birds or not so I figured I wouldn't sign up until last min if he still needed birds to fill the loft. I didn't want take sombody elses spot because I know some ppl are really looking foward to this and really want to fly and I don't want sombody else to miss out on somthing they will enjoy more then I would. I rather fly my birds here for myself I enjoy flying my birds and doing good in races myself more then having sombody else doing good with my bird.

Check Out my Clubs website see if your interested in any of the races sponsored by my club.
WWW.LindenhurstHPC.COM

Tags
pigeon-talk classic