Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 23rd May 2013, 04:28 PM

A Few Of My Combine Auction Race birds

My first Black Ch.(he's a stunning bird)nestmate to one of my PT birds.The 2 BB's are siblings to one of my birds who clocked high on the combine sheets last year for a club member.
The Silver is a gr dau/gra son? of Ace's UPC 620.From a son of 620(brother to my LL 1006 bird) and a BC hen given to me by Randy.No they're not fed on the floor,they scattered feed from their feeder.They're in the weaning pen and have been coming out to the settling cage for the last few days.Hopefully the silver has what it's aunt had in the 2011 PT race-LL 1006.clocking in the top 5 birds in every race til being lost in the final one.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BB And Silver (640x480).jpg (57.1 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by Josepe; 28th October 2013 at 07:48 PM.
Posted 23rd May 2013, 05:17 PM
They look good Josephe....Did/do you call the Blue Check a Black Check ?? Or your missing a picture...Alamo
Posted 23rd May 2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks.That bird is a Black check.Next to my Blue ch's he looks like a piece of Coal.Atleast That's what I call it.

Last edited by Josepe; 23rd May 2013 at 06:49 PM.
Posted 23rd May 2013, 07:14 PM
Keep us posted on how they do. Glad you could get some babies out of the pair.
Posted 23rd May 2013, 08:16 PM
They look nice. Now comes the tricky part. Getting them to do what you want them to!

LL 1006 was a cock bird. He was from a sex linked breeding. All the blues were hens and all the silvers or reds were cocks!

I have two young silver hens that are line bred 620. They will be in the breeding loft next year to give me more color linked parings from this blood.

Good luck with them...
Posted 23rd May 2013, 08:27 PM
Nice birds. No excuses for you now. If these birds don't win we'll be blaming the handler.
Posted 23rd May 2013, 09:21 PM
If these or my other birds don't win or clock well it probably will be the handlers fault,though the birds have to have What It Takes to do their part.
Three of my pair produced birds last year that prooved they had it.I leased my Summer Trout/Bass Fishing camp out this year because I knew I'd be too busy training and looking after the birds to enjoy it.
I should've posted the silver bird as a hen/She's out of a sex linked breeding also(Silver father/BC mother).Meaner then a Junk Yard Dog.Every time time I put my hand near her I get wing slapped,bit,kicked,and hissed at.
With 1006 I was going by what flopdoodle listed on all the sheets-Hen(I still have all the sheets)
It's either going to be a Fun year or Not So Fun year
Posted 23rd May 2013, 09:51 PM
Keep us posted on how they do, I say the BBWF in pic 2 will be the best one.
Dave
Posted 23rd May 2013, 11:18 PM
When I was babysitting 620 she bred some good racers in the ABQ club. I have a few birds breeding with the bloodline. Should be a solid pair for you. I think the dam of the silver bird might just be the stronger of the pair. Should produce for you.
Posted 23rd May 2013, 11:49 PM
Looking back from 2009 young bird season, I raised 6 birds off of 620. Two were lost in training. Of the 4 birds raced, three of the four had top 10% finishes with one finishing 4th at 150 miles 364 birds. 620 was bred to Mark's York 830. In 2010 the cock I paired her with was weak. In 2011 she bred LL 1006 that had 8th in club 411 birds and 15th in the combine when flown by Flap.
The sire and dam bred me two birds raced before shipping them to you, they bred one top 10% out of the two finishing 15th 200 miles 322 birds. The birds was 1st to the loft flown by a 1st year flyer.
Posted 24th May 2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josepe View Post
If these or my other birds don't win or clock well it probably will be the handlers fault,though the birds have to have What It Takes to do their part.
Three of my pair produced birds last year that prooved they had it.I leased my Summer Trout/Bass Fishing camp out this year because I knew I'd be too busy training and looking after the birds to enjoy it.
I should've posted the silver bird as a hen/She's out of a sex linked breeding also(Silver father/BC mother).Meaner then a Junk Yard Dog.Every time time I put my hand near her I get wing slapped,bit,kicked,and hissed at.
With 1006 I was going by what flopdoodle listed on all the sheets-Hen(I still have all the sheets)
It's either going to be a Fun year or Not So Fun year
This only works with a brown hen and a blue cock.
Only the brown hens are true in color. On most brown cocks you will find some black flecking on the primary flights and/or tail feathers. If you do not see any of this flecking on this bird it is most likely a hen, but the flecking is seen a lot better after the bird get it's adult feathers.
Posted 24th May 2013, 07:48 AM
Hmmm will have to look for the flecking.Yea her father has it.
Posted 24th May 2013, 08:05 AM
Yes that BBWF caught my eye too Dave !! Probably going to be a nice little hen!
Posted 24th May 2013, 11:24 AM
I like the looks of that BBWF's head as well but if looks had anything to do with brains there would be a lot fewer blond jokes out there!!! Just sayin...

The basket will tell the story. I have never been able to pick my best young by looks or feel. You can not see their homing abillity, their driving force to come straight home or what else is in their head. It is these things that make a racing pigeon into a good or great racer.
Posted 24th May 2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josepe View Post
My first Black Ch.(he's a stunning bird)nestmate to one of my PT birds.The 2 BB's are siblings to one of my birds who clocked high on the combine sheets last year for a club member.
The Silver is a gr dau/gra son? of Ace's UPC 620.From a son of 620(brother to my LL 1006 bird) and a BC hen given to me by Randy.No they're not fed on the floor,they scattered feed from their feeder.They're in the weaning pen and have been coming out to the settling cage for the last few days.Hopefully the silver has what it's aunt had in the 2011 PT race-LL 1006.clocking in the top 5 birds in every race til being lost in the final one.

kalapati
San Diego