One Loft Race Idea - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 14th November 2009, 10:20 PM

One Loft Race Idea

I notice that all the One loft Races cost more then some people can afford to put their birds to test out. I was thinking why don't someone in here hold a one loft race in here for bragging rights? It would compose of people in here who are interested in testing their birds. I would do it but I do not have the space and a club racing unit. There would be a 20-30 fee just to cover the miscellaneous things like band, feed, medication, and training. What do you guys and gals think? Remember it's just an idea that popped up in my head only, nothing to get people stirred up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 15th November 2009, 04:54 AM
The reason they are expensive is because they pay out big and the owner/handler takes alot. I just seen a new one the other day and it said the are going to pay out 100,000 well i figure the payout and it was only 99,000 but whatever. Then I figured the entry fees and they totaled 161,000. I would gladly take 62,000 to handle a few hundred pigeons for half a year. It is probably even cash. Wow, the real winners are the hosts of most these one loft races. Oh, and don't give me the poor one loft people have to pay for feed amd medicine and train because that is so little I guerantee it is probably less then $5000. So I would profit 57,000 cash for 6 months work. Around here you would be rich and could take the rest of the year off.
Posted 15th November 2009, 07:25 AM
Your idea is good, but the actual costs as stated such as feed, medication, etc., and the expense of road training the birds. That is when it gets expensive. I personally am going the one loft and futurity route due to the time and expense of training them. Some of the race and perch fees are reasonable, especially if you compare them to the time and expense to yourself. Just my thoughts, Don.

Posted 15th November 2009, 07:32 AM
Thumbs up

I like the idea. I too have thought of this. BUT was wondering just how many racers are on this site. I know there are a few of us. The perch donation could be a reason for a new loft If the PT team was not to large (not a large loft needed and my combine ships 30/race) this braggin rights race would work.
I have limited space NOW but a new YB loft would be nice.
?????? I wonder if my wife wants a loft ????? She has mentioned it ???? Then there could be a flock comming home weekly.
got me thinkin' If a small team, a small say 5x8 would be big enuff. and easy for wife to say yes to. ALSO weekly posts and photos could be made here as how the PT race team is progressing. AND my wife's first race season results.
I like the idea. If someone here does do a PT braggin rights race, Lets try to get a roll call of who is intrested in hosting and or flying.
LMC race secretary + NPR Club President
AU Life member

Last edited by A_Smith; 21st March 2010 at 05:48 PM..
Posted 15th November 2009, 08:01 AM

race

I Would Do This If Someone Starts It Up. I Dont Want To Send A Bunch Of Money To Race An Till I Find Out More About The Birds I Have. I Do Have A Few From Cbs Loft That Has Ped. One Is Rooie Pearl Kid So I Will Be Flying His Grand Kids. So Let Me Know If Someone Is Going To Do This And I Will Send You My Info For Contacting Me.

Thanks Vic
Posted 15th November 2009, 08:06 AM
I would also possibly send a few birds.
I would love to have a one loft race here. I'm pretty sure that I won't be racing YB's next year, but don't know if hubby would go for it or not.
Let's see what sort of response we get as far as people who would enter.
I personally wouldn't be concerned about making a bunch of money. As long as expensenses were covered, that would be about it.
Of course,, you want make a little bit, but not enough to retire on!!! LOL
Posted 15th November 2009, 08:23 AM
I'd be interested but some of you veterans would have to swallow your pride when my Meulemann/Jansen Crosses or one of my RR Meulemann's (reds a nice color Tony ) fly home first, and second, and third...................... actually if I can get my first batch of youngins this spring to come home during training I'll be pleased... but a fella can dream and poke a bit of fun as well can't he. I'm actually very impressed by many of you- racers and non racers and your knowledge, committment, and love of the sport and of pigeons in general and if I send two birds well third might earn one of you folks I respect a dipoloma. All in respectful good natured, Sunday Mornin after church, fun folks.

On a serious note if we could get folks that lived near each other to help out it might be possible to pull this off. I don't have the knowledge of loft managment, bird prep,etc yet, but (AS AN EXAMPLE) someone like Allen who does could handle that part and I could assist with the training runs, etc. but I think it would take more than two folks. Don't know how many of us are in Northeastern PA but maybe there's more of us in a group in NC, or FLorida, etc that could work something out. Keystonepaul
Posted 15th November 2009, 08:27 AM
I knew there will be some kind of interest. Lovebirds, I think you bring up a good point. I think that if we calculate in how much feed a bird will eat throughout the months, how many road training will be done, and how much medication will cost , then we can throw in like an extra 10 buck or so for the Loft Manager. I also think that around 100 birds more or less would be fine. It would be nice to see some friendly competion and not think about winning a pot of money everytime. ONLY BRAGGING RiGHtS!!!
Posted 15th November 2009, 09:19 AM
I would enter some Of course feeding, training, and everything else would cost money, but there's no way it would cost anymore to enter than the other One Loft races. Simply because the big money prizes would go poof. Although I would LIKE to win a whole lotta money, I'd also like to have something like this to test my birds first...so that I could have a decent chance in the other ones Knowing how good my breeding is, would be worth a whole lot more to me right now.

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 15th November 2009, 09:21 AM
I would be interested in this race especially if lovebirds handled my birds.
Posted 15th November 2009, 09:57 AM
I would send some if Lovebirds was handling the race and the cost was ok.Say 30-40 dollars a bird. But thats just what I could afford.That may not be enough. Jeff
Posted 15th November 2009, 10:06 AM

pine needles

Hi

Does Any Want To Buy Some Pine Needles For Nesting Material?
Posted 15th November 2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah, Renee has a wonderful loft for a race like this...-cough cough cough-....

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 15th November 2009, 10:52 AM
I have to admit, you have a heck of a good idea. If the person could figure out the exact costs for feed, gas etc, you could keep the costs down, no payout, but the satisfaction of knowing how your birds performed against others. Call it the "Expense Controlled One Loft Race".
Posted 15th November 2009, 10:54 AM
From the way it's looking, we could almost call it the PT One Loft race

~Semper Fidelis~

Tags
one loft