"OUR" First Annual One Loft Race - Page 11 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 26th January 2010, 11:35 PM
That would be my calculations not "May" calculations. That would be much too late.

Randy
Advertisement

Posted 28th January 2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post

And I noticed Warren...er...Karen, is in the race now!
Yep.....right now, it looks like a tippler/homer cross she is working on !

I attempted to explain the possible disadvantages to such a pairing, but you know, I learned quite some time ago...that the wife is never wrong !!

I am sure they will pretty though....
Posted 5th February 2010, 04:42 PM
would like to see this at the top a few more times for members who may not of seen this yet...am looking forward to this

Posted 7th February 2010, 12:21 AM
I agree! Im sending a cross between.......................some great birds!!!
Posted 11th February 2010, 05:07 PM
well i was thinking I would be sending something out of my racers since we put them togather alot earlier last year to let them raise one before racing...but then we remembered the headaches of trying to get birds into shape that are on the nest and decided not too....so now my options are down 2 just 2 pair of breeders who just laid...if i did the math right the babies from these 2 pair would be the right age to ship by April 5th.
Posted 11th February 2010, 05:26 PM
I have 15 eggs that were laid this week and expect about that many more. They should be ready just in time. That will put them right at about 5 weeks for shipping to the race on April 5.

Randy
Posted 15th February 2010, 11:49 AM
Hey all, it has been a busy month, two long family trips. One trip up to Oregon and the other down to Southern California.

The weather has not really helped in giving me a free Saturday to get the loft upgrades complete. I have installed the flat screen TV and gold perches for the Conditionfreak birds. I have also gone through five different shades of pink for the Flamingo birds. I can't find the right color.

I hope everyone’s birds paired up ok. I have five pairs on eggs laid Friday-Sunday. These will be my second round.

I hope it is working out for everyone else.
Posted 15th February 2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
Hey all, it has been a busy month, two long family trips. One trip up to Oregon and the other down to Southern California.

The weather has not really helped in giving me a free Saturday to get the loft upgrades complete. I have installed the flat screen TV and gold perches for the Conditionfreak birds. I have also gone through five different shades of pink for the Flamingo birds. I can't find the right color.

I hope everyone’s birds paired up ok. I have five pairs on eggs laid Friday-Sunday. These will be my second round.

I hope it is working out for everyone else.
Yo, my birds need a spittoon and some chewbacca. When you hit the road for training they like to go muddin in a 4X4 truck, keep the dawgs at home.

God Bless,
Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 16th February 2010, 09:19 AM
Tony, do you think they would mind muddin in a little suzuki samari? It is the closest thing I have to a 4x4 truck. I have jumped the thing 23 feet in the field next to the house.

If any of you have any other special requests as far as training conveyance, perch color, or anything else let me know. I want the birds to all feel at home. Hope all is well...
Posted 16th February 2010, 12:15 PM
Mine will probably enjoy tagging along with Tony's

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 16th February 2010, 06:00 PM
Were you still going to try to fill the left over spots that no one signed up for? I thought I read earlier in the post the extra slots were to be offered to anyone entered already (of course at the additional $$).
Posted 18th February 2010, 12:22 PM
Smile

Filled up?

Is it all filled up yet? This is my first year and would like to try it but I only have 6 pairs. I have 1 week old eggs and new eggs so my timming is close.
Thanks Jack
Posted 18th February 2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Is it all filled up yet? This is my first year and would like to try it but I only have 6 pairs. I have 1 week old eggs and new eggs so my timming is close.
Thanks Jack
Looking at his breeders list he still has a slot or two open. PM him and ask. If your birds just laid their eggs a week ago then you should be on time. Wants us to ship the birds to him first two weeks of April.

Good Luck,
Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 22nd February 2010, 11:25 AM

Last Call....

I everybody, originally the plan was to close registration and raffle remaining spots. A few have asked if there is still space in the loft. I will leave registration open until this Sunday Feb 28th. At that point I will take a head count and see how everyone is doing as far as birds hatch date and nest position. We can then have a feel for where we are as far as the tentative total birds in the loft. If we will have room, we can then raffle off remaining slots.

Currently we have 30 registered breeders plus 4 raffle entrees. 68 total birds, we would have 12 single bird slots to raffle. The hope is to include as many breeders as possible.

I will send out an email to all registered breeders on Feb 28th. Talk to you all later…
Posted 22nd February 2010, 12:49 PM
Do the birds have to be vet checked to send them to you?
Dave

Tags
one loft race