"OUR" First Annual One Loft Race - Page 12 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 22nd February 2010, 03:55 PM
I do not need them to be vet checked. I have heard that the post office was going to require a vet check at one time but I do not think that ever happened. I have sent birds out this year and the post office did not require it. I did have to make an appointment to ship birds. My post office also only ships birds on Mondays. It might make sense to check with your local post office.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 22nd February 2010, 04:02 PM
Great... I wasn't thinking I'm getting birds in from Gilroy Ca. this week and they never said any thing about it.
Dave
Posted 22nd February 2010, 04:07 PM
naaaa...you dont have too but you must quarantine new birds that come in, even in a short period of time just to make sure they dont have any infection....... and must be vaccinited with PMV...

Posted 22nd February 2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodlines_365 View Post
naaaa...you dont have too but you must quarantine new birds that come in, even in a short period of time just to make sure they dont have any infection....... and must be vaccinited with PMV...
From my understanding Flapdoodle will vaccine all birds as they come into his loft, Just to be sure.

Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 25th February 2010, 08:27 PM
Pair on eggs a little while should be ready,(fingers crossed). I signed up,hope all goes well.
Kurps
Posted 26th February 2010, 04:21 PM
I have about a dozen hatching out this weekend. Just need to decide which ones will go to the race. A few are from proven pairs and the rest from new pairings. I will have to look the distances over again and look at the terrain.

Randy
Posted 7th March 2010, 09:17 PM

updates?

Anyone heard from Flapdoodle? I never got an email, like he said was to be sent out end on Feb.
Posted 8th March 2010, 12:20 AM
It seems like some of you are going to try & ship birds early. Think we should read the Rules. No birds before April 1, 2010 to be sent to this race...... Happy
Posted 8th March 2010, 04:41 PM
Mine are banded and getting fat. They will be ready the first week of April.

Randy
Posted 8th March 2010, 07:36 PM
What will the weather be like ? I would just like to know weather to send speed birds or to send a tough long distance bird to the race.
Dave
Posted 8th March 2010, 09:13 PM
Hi Everyone, I Just sent an email to all those registered for the race with a link to a online form. It basically asks how many birds you plan to send and what date you think they will be shipped. If you did not get the email please send me a quick note to my address below. I have 11 babies that hatched three days apart. They will be ready the second week in April. I am still not sure which birds I plan to enter, Hope everyone else is doing well.
Posted 8th March 2010, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Pete View Post
What will the weather be like ? I would just like to know weather to send speed birds or to send a tough long distance bird to the race.
Dave
The weather man does not predict more then ten days out

It can be pretty tuff. Last fall in yb we had really hot temps and some races had gusty wind going over the pass. Then again it could be great and a speed bird would be better. That is part of the challenge... I know I am no help.
Posted 8th March 2010, 10:14 PM
Over the pass as in a mountain cool, the only thing my birds have to fly over is the corn. We have a few hills but you can stand on top of the truck and see over them.
Dave
Posted 9th March 2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Pete View Post
Dave
It's gonna be one of those fast, blow home races....send the fastest things you got !!!.........
Posted 9th March 2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
Hi Everyone, I Just sent an email to all those registered for the race with a link to a online form. It basically asks how many birds you plan to send and what date you think they will be shipped. If you did not get the email please send me a quick note to my address below. I have 11 babies that hatched three days apart. They will be ready the second week in April. I am still not sure which birds I plan to enter, Hope everyone else is doing well.
I couldn't open mine.....

Tags
one loft race