"OUR" First Annual One Loft Race - Page 13 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 9th March 2010, 03:00 AM
For those of you who are not familiar with the terrain, the race stations in Nevada should be approximately 4000 to 5000 feet in elevation. They will climb to a little over 7000 feet to clear Donner Pass, and then it is all down hill from there. I am not sure of the exact elevation of where Flapdoodle's loft is, but I would guess it to be any where between 1500 to 3000 feet. Hope this helps.

Last edited by bbcdon; 9th March 2010 at 03:02 AM..
Posted 9th March 2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcdon View Post
For those of you who are not familiar with the terrain, the race stations in Nevada should be approximately 4000 to 5000 feet in elevation. They will climb to a little over 7000 feet to clear Donner Pass, and then it is all down hill from there. I am not sure of the exact elevation of where Flapdoodle's loft is, but I would guess it to be any where between 1500 to 3000 feet. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info, that let's me know if I should send...I mean the wife should send....high elevation or low elevation pigeons........ Since our pigeons must navigate the Blue Ridge Mountains, seems like this course should be pretty much a cake walk, since it's all down hill.
Posted 9th March 2010, 11:40 PM
Is there an email being sent to participants, requesting numbers of birds and shipping dates? I got one and want to make sure it is legit before I fill out the form and hit "submit".

Too many scams and such around. Thanks.

Posted 10th March 2010, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
Is there an email being sent to participants, requesting numbers of birds and shipping dates? I got one and want to make sure it is legit before I fill out the form and hit "submit".

Too many scams and such around. Thanks.
Yes, on the last page he posted that he had sent the emails.

I did not get an email. I won the drawing and will be sending the two birds.

Ace
Posted 18th March 2010, 07:53 PM
I have not recieved an email. I sent an email requesting info 2 wks ago and have not heard back. I think Im going to pull out of this one and send my birds down the MO/ILL Combine race course. I hope it happens, but I think Ill wait for the 2nd annual pt race!
Posted 18th March 2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTown Racers View Post
I have not recieved an email. I sent an email requesting info 2 wks ago and have not heard back. I think Im going to pull out of this one and send my birds down the MO/ILL Combine race course. I hope it happens, but I think Ill wait for the 2nd annual pt race!
OK, I understand, you want to have your hand held ?
Posted 18th March 2010, 09:46 PM
Hi all, sorry I missed your message Matt. Hope things work out with your birds...

I sent another email tonight, If you didn't get the last email or the one I sent tonight please pm me and I will clue you in.... here is the just on the email:

"Thinking out loud or openly here. We have 38 birds if those that have asked send an additional two we could get about 50 total. I still want to make this happen and want to put it to a vote.

Option 1: We can have our one loft race as outlined in the forum with the 50+ birds. Letting everyone that wants to send an additional pair of birds.

Option 2: I take the one loft birds and fly them in the club and combine young bird series rather then fly my own birds I have raised. We have a new flyer that joined the club. I would give him all the yb I have raised except for two or three that will fly faster then anything you all send. The way my club works is we ship an A and B race, 15 birds in each race. We also send a third release as trainers not clocked through the club. We fly eight races. I would work out some points system.

1st bird back 5 points
2nd bird back 4 points….

We would give points to the first five birds in each race (A, B, and the trainers) each week. At the end eight of the eight weeks the bird with the highest points is our winner. We could keep a result sheet online that everyone can check.

Regardless of how the birds do in the club and combine we would have a first place bird at each race and post the results in the forum each week.

I will go ahead and do what the majority want to do. I think it would be a lot of fun either way. We can still talk trash and get video updates and what not in the forum with both options. If we choose the second option I will flip the bill. I would have the same cost if I was flying your birds or my own in the yb series. Your only expense would be shipping the birds to me and paying for shipping them back or I can keep and fly again as yearlings.

Please respond to the email simply with I vote for option A or option B.

Look forward to see how everyone wants to proceed… Tom"
Posted 19th March 2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithFamilyLoft View Post
OK, I understand, you want to have your hand held ?
Im not sure I understand?
Posted 19th March 2010, 09:40 AM

emailed questions and random comments from breeders

I figure I would post these so everyone can see... So far I have only had yes votes for option two and I am leaning that direction. Here are the emailed questions (my reply is in red) Keep the questions or comments coming!!:

"Since you didn't get all the birds you wanted I vote for plan B Except you may as well send all your culls to the new guy. The way I see it I've already won. lol Its really your call I do what ever you say or what every body votes for." We will see whose birds you call culls after the races

Due to the issue that I don't have any extra young-uns, I am good for Plan B, but have a few questions first.

1) When you put the birds in your club to race for the season, who's name are the birds going to be registered in, yours or mine? So let's say, our bird comes in 3rd, will the results listed at your club (not on PT forum) read Brasher bird # placement, etc... or is it going to read my bird # placement, etc... The club and combine results would all say Brasher then the band number and place the bird came in. I do not see any way around that.
2) You ship A & B races + non-clocked race, which one will our birds be racing in, or will they be alternated? How I work this out for my team (I would do the same in this case). Lets say I have fifty YB I am flying. For the first race, I would take the first 30 birds back from training tosses (with other lofts) the week before the race. Those are the birds that would go in to the A and B race, the rest would go as the trainers (Which we would still award points for the forum but not on the club/combine results sheet). For all other races, I take the first 10 birds back from the previous weeks race (A, B, and the trainers, 30 total).
3) What is the race schedule & station locations thay will be flying from? Date the birds will be returned, and name of race club where they will be racing out of? We usually start the third Saturday in August and end the first Saturday in October, they would fly out of the Auburn Club, Camellia City Combine. Race Stations with approximant mileage:

Fernley 120
Lovelock 190
Imlay 205
Winnemucca 250
Valmy 270
Carlin 300
Battle Mtn 260
Elko 325

As far as the date returned goes. If someone in the group has a bird that does well at the combine level a few races or wants a bird back at some point I will pull it from future races and we can make arrangements to get the bird back to the breeder (at the breeders expense). Other then that it would be after the series is over (sometimes they postpone a race due to weather). Hope that helps if you have any other questions let me know…

"I count at least 33 Lofts in the Who's Flying Blog.. Doesn't it mean that we are all sending 2 birds a pice? That would be 66 Birds as a starter??? Maybe you meant when we sent our names in it was just one bird? I was sure it was Two?"

You are right it was two birds. We had some folks that did not get birds paired up and have pulled out of the race. A few people have indicated they are only sending one bird. This second time around we only had 38 total birds, 20 breeders confirm they are sending birds. There are a few of the breeders I never heard back from. I am willing and able to do what ever the group wants.
Posted 19th March 2010, 09:48 AM
I'm excited to see how this all turns out! I missed my chance this year but would for sure enter next years race if all goes well.

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 19th March 2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ldenb0y55 View Post
I'm excited to see how this all turns out! I missed my chance this year but would for sure enter next years race if all goes well.
Got two squabs that will be weaned the first of April, if so there may be room. Doesn't hurt to ask if you have two birds that will be ready to ship.

Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 19th March 2010, 10:21 PM
The 2 or 3 that can fly fly faster than any thing we send. Now if you can kid so can I.
Dave
Posted 19th March 2010, 10:39 PM
I guess my questions are these; 1. what about your birds (are you breeding a yb team for yourself this year?)
2. How many lofts are in your combine?
3. If birds are flown in your combine, do the visiting band#s have to be registered through your combine and mine?
4. If vs AU?
5. I guess I dont understand why you want to hold my hand
Posted 19th March 2010, 10:44 PM
If some of Qs have already been explained above, Im sorry, i dont have much time to read evreything. Work has picked up (big time), I have a two year old, and just found out Im going to be a daddyx2
Posted 20th March 2010, 05:28 AM
Congratulations Southtown.

I'm out of this race, nothing to send in the time frame. There is always next year. Good Luck to everyone in the upcoming seasons.
Kurps

Tags
one loft race