"OUR" First Annual One Loft Race - Page 19 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 12th April 2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xueoo View Post
Mine will be in the mail tomorrow (Tuesday). I'll send the tracking number when it's on it's way.

I must say these two nestmates had a rough time growing up, as I left for Vegas for 4 days when they were 2 weeks old and when I got back they ran out of water and food. Them and their parents were somewhat thin. Not too bad, but you could tell it had an affect on them. I also bred and raised these in a 24x18x18 breeding cage in my garage under lights. A bit crowded and not the best environment for raising winners. I moved to this house a few months back and don't have a setup yet. It's been hard work raising these two. Real hard work.

But, they turned out real nice and healthy and I expect them to be showing their tails to the rest of ya'lls...
So are you sending fantail pigeons to the race?

Posted 12th April 2010, 01:33 PM
Shipping two tomorrow. I will PM you the details after I do.
Posted 14th April 2010, 03:57 PM

More birds in the loft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
First birds are in the loft!!!A few of them are even pretty
We have birds from:

Ace In The Hole
Hilly Family Loft
K2rmx.rob
Xueoo
AirBabyRacing

There is still space available for anyone else that wants to send birds. If you have young birds that you have not flown outside and want to participate just shoot me an email or PM. This will be a lot of fun…
We now also have birds from:

Happy
Conditionfreak
Jholl
MaryOfExeter
LuckyLoft
& SmithFamilyLoft

What about the rest of you? You have another week and a half to ship. If you have YB that have not loft flown it is not to late to get in the game...

Posted 14th April 2010, 04:22 PM
Let the races begin!

Henry aka "g0ldenb0y55"
Website - http://triplesloft.webs.com/
Pigeon Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/g0ldenb0y55/
Pinoy Pigeon Club - http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/group.php?groupid=15
Posted 14th April 2010, 05:06 PM
Thumbs down

I never knew how bad it would be...

So the biggest worry in all this is I get a sick bird from someone and then it spreads and I get a loft full of sick birds. Now that is my second biggest worry. I didn't even see this coming... I figure this post is in the racing forum and that it would be OK. I go to the post office this afternoon to pick up three boxes, get to the loft and open them up and what the #%%&. I don't know how you expect me to show up to allocate my race team with an OGO, a roller, and a pair of fantails. I know I said send your pretty ones but I still require something that resembles a homing pigeon. I took some picture of the four I got today... Just so everyone knows these are not racing pigeons. They might do well with our little show, but I don't know if I will even get in the door at the club. Another rule change for those that have not yet sent birds... no more fancy pigeons.

I guess I will just keep these and use them as droppers.... Belated APRIL FOOLS... all the birds look great and appear to resemble homing pigeons (sort of)
Posted 14th April 2010, 06:00 PM
I must admit, I fell for it.
Posted 14th April 2010, 06:35 PM
Ok you got me GOOD!I was thinking how could someone do that. Jeff
Posted 14th April 2010, 08:00 PM
Never had me for a moment.

On another note. I mailed the birds on Tuesday at 12 noon from Ohio, and they arrived to California the next day. Wow. USPS told me that they would be there on Thursday, before 3 pm.

They were wrong and I am happy about it. I know this isn't said much these days. But kudos to the United States Postal people.
Posted 14th April 2010, 10:38 PM
nice.... dont forget to count me in ill SEND mine soon,they still breast feeding to their dad.....
Posted 15th April 2010, 05:51 AM
NOT FUNNY My Homers have standards, and they do not hang with high class do nothings. They only hang out with the working class. Now don't you mess that up they ship Monday. I'm sending four please.

LOL Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 15th April 2010, 07:12 AM
Seriously folks. The #100 I sent is from my 'special" stock, and I expect to do quite well with it. You guys and gals will be fighting for third place I'm afraid.

My "special" stock is a hen that won money in the Mercedez Classic. The cock bird is a mix of a feral I obtained from a friends barn and a hen that won money in the Flamingo Classic.

I expect the feral blood to shine through and be the icing on the cake. Here is why.

Ferals have to deal with predator birds 24/7. They do not have us to protect them with cages, doors and shoe throwing. So, as the season progresses, the ability to deal with the predators by my "special mix" bloodline #100, will keep it in the race until seasons end, and therefore assist in putting up the numbers (points). Additionally, ferals have better "constitution", being from a more natural stock and not having been imbred by us humans over the centuries, due to line breeding and inbreeding. My "special mix" bird should exhibit a healthier and more robust immune system.

So, when the rest of your grubs (er, ah, I mean "racers") get eaten by the predators or succumb to disease. My "special mix" bird will not.

Thus my reasoning. As you can see. All based on sound logic, and I might add. An almost Flawless plan. The only small flaw being Flapdoodle not knowing how to handle a quality feral special mix. He is the weak link in this chain of world domination, er, ah, I mean, winning the PT competition.

FIRST THE PT COMPETITION. NEXT THE WORLD!!!

Oh, Almost forgot #108. It is from a different kind of "special mix" and I expect to do no better than 2nd with it (naturally, since #100 will be 1st). I will keep its special mix a secret for now. It will be more fun to reveal later when everyone is begging to know for their own future breeding plans.

From here on out. #100 will be known as "Marine Won", and #108 will be known as "WindWalker". From "Marine One Lofts".

(P.S. Y'all might want to put this page in your "favorites" section, to refer back to when the season is over)

Last edited by conditionfreak; 15th April 2010 at 11:33 AM..
Posted 29th April 2010, 06:49 AM
Grrrr... Guess I wont be sending birds any place this yr I've had to seperate 6 birds with PMV and I dont want to spoil the race for every body by taking a chance on sending a sick bird.
Dave
Posted 11th May 2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapdoodle View Post
So the biggest worry in all this is I get a sick bird from someone and then it spreads and I get a loft full of sick birds. Now that is my second biggest worry. I didn't even see this coming... I figure this post is in the racing forum and that it would be OK. I go to the post office this afternoon to pick up three boxes, get to the loft and open them up and what the #%%&. I don't know how you expect me to show up to allocate my race team with an OGO, a roller, and a pair of fantails. I know I said send your pretty ones but I still require something that resembles a homing pigeon. I took some picture of the four I got today... Just so everyone knows these are not racing pigeons. They might do well with our little show, but I don't know if I will even get in the door at the club. Another rule change for those that have not yet sent birds... no more fancy pigeons.

I guess I will just keep these and use them as droppers.... Belated APRIL FOOLS... all the birds look great and appear to resemble homing pigeons (sort of)

Hey any NEWS or any such thing ? Did the wife's "fantails" get lost off the landing board yet ?
Posted 13th May 2010, 01:11 PM
Well I survived my 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike, and then 26.3-mile run/jog/crawl…
It took me just shy of 16 hours. The birds can get it done in two...

I am hanging up the bike and cancelling the pool membership. Time to focus on the birds, Warren inspired me with his videos, from here on out I will get a new video up every weekend updating everyone on the progress of the birds.

Currently there are 54 birds in the loft. We started with 55 birds, 31 from pt members, 2 from a guy in my club, and 22 that I raised. The rest of the YB’s from my breeders went to a new flyer in my club. We are shy one bird, I will have to do an inventory and figure out who is gone. At this point, I do not know which bird or what happened other then the end of last week one came up missing (hawk, wire, ?).

There are many different ways to do this. The birds are loft flying about an hour each morning. Today they flew for about 30 minutes. I weigh the feed and record how much I am feeding. I have been slowly lowering the amount of feed each day this week. It gets them to trap quickly but also shortens how long they fly. What I am looking to do is get all the birds quickly trapping at the same time. The past few mornings I get an early group that traps and a second group that flies around the loft a while. They should all be trapping together by the end of the week. Then I will up their feed and time in the air.

Things on the to-do list for this coming week:

1. Inventory
2. PMV vaccine (I had hoped to get this done sooner)
3. Crate training, first toss by the end of next week.

Hope your birds are healthy, happy, and flying! Look for a video from me this weekend!

Last edited by Flapdoodle; 13th May 2010 at 01:15 PM..
Posted 14th May 2010, 10:57 AM

First video attempt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdO9WBVQL5E

Feel free to leave any feed back, questions, advice, unconstructive or constructive criticism… I am not saying I will change anything… but feel free to vent .

I do rinse out the bleach/water solution.

Battery went dead after the birds flew from the loft.

They only flew about twenty minutes. I had a hard time getting a few birds out of the loft. The ones that kept flying after everybody else trapped yesterday were a little hungry, as they did not get that much to eat. They were however, the first ones in line for breakfast today.

Just a side note (not that it means anything)... first bird out of the loft looks like one of the pretty birds named "Silver Ice".

Hope every one has a great weekend!

Tags
one loft race