"OUR" First Annual One Loft Race - Page 4 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 20th December 2009, 05:31 PM
Hi Braden, First thing let tell you I am not pissed off and if you are pissed off because I use bold let me tell you at 79 years old your eyes are not as good as they were at 25 so using bold type is not used to piss anyone off ,but its done to make it easier for me and those that have a eye sight problem. So have fun,I am thinking about entering but I see that there are those that wish to turn this into a gambling event, which I feel will take much of the fun out of the event.In any event take part and enjoy. GEORGE

braden
Posted 20th December 2009, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Now you gonna have to kick real high cause I carry my butt on my shoulders. I'm having fun, how bout ya'll?

Merry Christmas,
Tony
so is there where the saying "head up your a@@" comes from???
braden
Posted 20th December 2009, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by george simon View Post
Hi Braden, First thing let tell you I am not pissed off and if you are pissed off because I use bold let me tell you at 79 years old your eyes are not as good as they were at 25 so using bold type is not used to piss anyone off ,but its done to make it easier for me and those that have a eye sight problem. So have fun,I am thinking about entering but I see that there are those that wish to turn this into a gambling event, which I feel will take much of the fun out of the event.In any event take part and enjoy. GEORGE

Hey George, I'm not pissed off for bold, just thought it was a way to emphisise some issues, so we are all good.
I know what you mean about the eyesight, I have some friends that I need to enlarge the email print to size 24 so they can read it!

Posted 21st December 2009, 03:21 AM
Ok, I'm in, this is the first race I have entered and I thought it would be fun, and good to start this way.
Posted 21st December 2009, 01:23 PM
I see two of the people I emailed have joined the race and/or PT. Wooh

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 25th December 2009, 10:00 PM
What time does the raffle begin/end?
Thanks, Matt
Posted 27th December 2009, 09:42 PM
What ever happended with the raffle? Wondering who gets the birds in.

Randy
Posted 27th December 2009, 09:47 PM
I hope my name got in there. I can't remember now if I entered for it or not Two free birds would be nice.

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 27th December 2009, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post
I hope my name got in there. I can't remember now if I entered for it or not Two free birds would be nice.
now you said that.....i dont remember etheir to mr. fladapole is their any post the list of names who enter in this bragging rigths game....
Posted 28th December 2009, 05:31 AM
Santa is coming late out there to deliver the free race spots!!
Posted 28th December 2009, 09:41 AM
I just signed up for this "fun" race. But the sign up form didn't say for how many birds I wanted to enter. I assume that it is supposed to be two birds unless some other number is specified by me. Correct?

This will be the first time for me "timing" when my babies are hatched, so I hope I get this right.

Shipping to California from Ohio will be okay I guess. I have never sent birds in the mail before, but I have received birds many times. But they were always old birds. Any special instructions for shipping 30-35 day old birds? They will of course be eating and drinking on their own before I ship them, and will be shipped to arrive in the specified time period. But other than that, is there anything else?

When I have entered One Loft races, I delivered my birds in person. California is too far though. Is it possible to give the birds the address and let them fly there on their own?

(just kidding folks).

Thanks.
Posted 28th December 2009, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post

When I have entered One Loft races, I delivered my birds in person. California is too far though. Is it possible to give the birds the address and let them fly there on their own?

(just kidding folks).

Thanks.

sure, while they are weaning teach them how to use google maps...lol

i think regarding shipment to out of state, here in CA the new step is we have to call a USPS number which was given to me by their customer service before coming down to the local station. and when you call that number they'll determine if the bird's destination to another state requires vet cert then they'll give you advises on how to proceed. they'll also find out if you are using a USPS certified box for shipment. i just don't know if same thing applies to other states. so the best thing to do is call their cutomer service number at 1-800-ASK-USPS
(1-800-275-8777)

kalapati
San Diego
Posted 28th December 2009, 11:07 AM
Shipping birds isn't all that bad. I've never shipped any that young, but I have had birds shipped to me from California not much older than 30 days, and all went smoothly. Just be sure they had plenty to eat and drink.

You're just a little bit closer to Cali than me. I don't think you can get much farther away than me, LOL.

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 28th December 2009, 12:15 PM
Not sure where Rockwell is, but when I was in the miltary back in the 70s, I raced out of Jacksonville, N.C. with the River City Homing Pigeon Club. Got my first diploma there. First race I ever entered. It "hooked" me.

I loved North Carolina. I would probably be living there now, if my wife didn't have "hot flashes" out the yazoo.
Posted 28th December 2009, 12:30 PM
Ah. Jacksonville is quite a way from here. We're not far from being in the middle of the state.

~Semper Fidelis~

Tags
one loft race