"OUR" First Annual One Loft Race - Page 5 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 28th December 2009, 12:41 PM
Hey everyone. If this idea goes well, and many are interested in doing it again the following year. Put me on the list to handle it in one of the subsequent years (next year or the one after, or whenever). Not this year because Flapddoodle has it well in hand. I can build another loft (I'm getting good at it) this coming summer. I have ten acres, love pigeons, am retired, like to drive, and ain't looking for a financial profit. Only problem I forsee is one that everyone has. Hawks. I will have to have a stern talk with them I think.

I will send two birds this year and just enjoy the threads afterwards, either bragging a little or coming up with excuses how my birds fly better in the mud than in clear skies. Or how they aren't used to warmer weather, etc.

I have plenty of excuses ready.

This will be fun.

Posted 28th December 2009, 12:46 PM
Oh yea. One more thing.

Flapdoodle. If you don't mind, I can have a trophy made and send to the overall winner at my expense, if you don't mind. Just tell me what to have inscribed on it and I will get it done. That will be my contribution to this years race. (besides, since I am most likely going to win anyway, I won't even have to put out any shipping charges for the trophy).

Last edited by conditionfreak; 28th December 2009 at 06:28 PM..
Posted 28th December 2009, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by george simon View Post
Hi Braden, First thing let tell you I am not pissed off and if you are pissed off because I use bold let me tell you at 79 years old your eyes are not as good as they were at 25 so using bold type is not used to piss anyone off ,but its done to make it easier for me and those that have a eye sight problem. So have fun,I am thinking about entering but I see that there are those that wish to turn this into a gambling event, which I feel will take much of the fun out of the event.In any event take part and enjoy. GEORGE
You have been '79 for the last two years, "mary of Exceter" has been 16 for the last three. Therefore I will be 50 for the next five years.
Picky, picky picky.
One day you will translate to your grankid's. Yea, I rememember pigeon talk, Good ole day's!

Posted 28th December 2009, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
I just signed up for this "fun" race. But the sign up form didn't say for how many birds I wanted to enter. I assume that it is supposed to be two birds unless some other number is specified by me. Correct?

This will be the first time for me "timing" when my babies are hatched, so I hope I get this right.

Shipping to California from Ohio will be okay I guess. I have never sent birds in the mail before, but I have received birds many times. But they were always old birds. Any special instructions for shipping 30-35 day old birds? They will of course be eating and drinking on their own before I ship them, and will be shipped to arrive in the specified time period. But other than that, is there anything else?

When I have entered One Loft races, I delivered my birds in person. California is too far though. Is it possible to give the birds the address and let them fly there on their own?

(just kidding folks).

Thanks.
Hi big guy,

Here is a link about shipping that was very helpful to me.

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f25/sh...nks-23515.html

As for very young birds. I take the day the second egg hatches and add 28 days. The Monday after that I ship. To ensure they are eating and drinking on their own. I put food and water in the nest box with them, Mom and Dad a week before. Then on Friday, I put the babies in a big crate and bring them into the house. I put the same food and water dish in the crate with them and watch them to ensure they both eat and drink. If yes they ship. The only time I had a problem was the first time I didn't add food to the nest. I just put them in the crate on Friday. They wouldn't eat and I didn't ship.

Hope this Helps,
Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 28th December 2009, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Oh yea. One more thing.

Flapdoodle. If you don't mind, I can have a trophy made and sent to the overall winner at my expense, if you don't mind. Just tell me what to have inscribed on it and I will get it done. That will be my contribution to this years race. (besides, since I am most likely going to win anyway, I won't even have to put out any shipping charges for the trophy).
How about, "2010, Pigeon-Talk Bragger of the Year. all rights reserved.

LOL Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 28th December 2009, 02:49 PM
Some ideas.

"Pigeon-Talk.com Top Bird 2010"

"Pigeon-Talk.com Champion Young Bird 2010"

"1st annual Pigeon-Talk Members Fly Off Champion 2010"

"Young Bird Champion, 1st annual Pigeon-Talk Members Challenge"

"Pigeon-Talk Members One Loft Champion 2010"
Posted 28th December 2009, 03:32 PM

Congratulations to our raffle winners

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Congratulations to our raffle winners:

braden, hillfamilyloft, luckyloft, and Ace In The Hole

You each won two free spots into the race. You can send four birds, two free birds and two paid birds, or just send the free birds. It is up to you.

It felt great not to sit in front of a computer for a few days. Later tonight, I will work on reading the past posts and reply to any unanswered questions. I hope everyone has a Great New Year!!!
Posted 28th December 2009, 04:04 PM
Congrats Braden, Randy, Jeff, and Mark
Glad to see 2 or 4 other TRC birds in the PT loft besides mine

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 28th December 2009, 04:50 PM
Just signed up, hope I am not too late. Figured maybe i can send a few birds off my race team. My Dad didnt sound too thrilled about it but I figured for $100 its worth a shot...I hope he does not mind LOL
Posted 28th December 2009, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post
Congrats Braden, Randy, Jeff, and Mark
Glad to see 2 or 4 other TRC birds in the PT loft besides mine
Ok, am I having a brain fart or just not fluent in pigeon shorthand... what does TRC mean? True Race Champions, ha ha!!!

Flapdoodle, WOOHOO Thanks for the raffle winnings!!! Hope my birds can co-operate enough to send 4 birds on time!
Posted 28th December 2009, 06:33 PM
Ha Ha. I see the "big boys" ain't entering this. I don't blame them though. Smart move.

It would be like a man fighting a woman. If the man wins, well, he was supposed to win. But if he loses. Then he will be soooo embarrassed.

It's the old "everything to lose and nothing to gain" situation.
braden
Posted 28th December 2009, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Ha Ha. I see the "big boys" ain't entering this. I don't blame them though. Smart move.

It would be like a man fighting a woman. If the man wins, well, he was supposed to win. But if he loses. Then he will be soooo embarrassed.

It's the old "everything to lose and nothing to gain" situation.
LOL especially true since I am a woman!
Posted 28th December 2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the raffle!Great idea.... of course because I won that may have something to do with it!Hey maybe this is a sign of things to come.Thanks again!!This may help alittle with the wife as far as cost I would rather go 4 but will have to see how the babies come along.TRC Tarheel Racing Pigeon Club.Salisbury,NC
braden
Posted 28th December 2009, 07:32 PM
TRC Tarheel Racing Pigeon Club.Salisbury,NC

Well, that isn't me. I'm nowhere near N.C.
Posted 28th December 2009, 07:40 PM
Me and Jeff (luckyloft) are members of TRC. So instead of just my two, there will probably be 6 TRC banded birds in there. Doesn't really mean anything, it's just nice to have some good club representation, haha

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~

Tags
one loft race