"OUR" First Annual One Loft Race - Page 51 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 18th September 2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post
Our first race is underway. Released at 7:30 and 8. What sucks is we have a lovely headwind of 8mph Still looking to kick everyone's butts though...I hope I have the opportunity to win $70, which will be pretty great.
Good luck. Seems like you are due some.

Posted 18th September 2010, 11:59 AM
So far only one bird back, from the B race. So I got second place I believe. Sigh.

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 18th September 2010, 06:55 PM
No report yet. Must not be good. I personally had a good feeling going into this race.

Posted 18th September 2010, 07:27 PM
He might just be a soccer
Posted 18th September 2010, 07:37 PM
be at soccer
Posted 18th September 2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xueoo View Post
No report yet. Must not be good. I personally had a good feeling going into this race.
Why did you have a good feeling...?

Your bird was the first back in the A race to the loft. The problem is that was 30 birds back in the club. Congrats on being our first bird.

Tuff race, The first 14 birds in the club came in over a 40 minute period.

Trapping order Xueoo, AIRBABY 31, SFL 241, TRC 47, LCC 464, AUB 325.

I will get more info up a little later tonight.
Posted 19th September 2010, 07:26 AM
Wooh for 47! I didn't think either of my birds would be in this race. But it's a nice surprise. My first bird........and only bird....back from yesterday's race, is 45's brother. Our first race of the season was SO bad that the secretary made it a 2 day race so that all the awards were sure to be filled. A 2-day 100 mile race. Of course he didn't send out the email until way after we'd knocked off clocks. Wouldn't matter anyway, since nothing has changed for me. I got 4th place in the B race. Wooh for top 10 percent? Only there were only 5 birds clocked...sooooo....not too impressive, LOL

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 19th September 2010, 08:07 AM
I did terrbile in my race yesterday. I sensed I would after the release was changed to 10:45 due to a flat tire. It was a 200 mile race. The birds had to fly over some mountains at high noon, and the winds were not favorable for my location.

From what I hear, results were bad all over. We only had 9 of the "auction race" entries arrive home before dark. I believe there were about 30-35 of those actually shipped.

I am last in my club. But my neighbor (three miles away) was first, so I can not blame anything but myself and my birds.

I knew it was going to be a bad day when, of the eight birds I sent. My first three home were my worst birds. My rags that have continued to come home, but never in good time. That is always a clue.

457 was my fifth and last bird home.

Two more are in the loft this morning, so I am out one of my better birds. Special banded 0330.

Oh well. It is like football. There is always the next game.

I did have an auction bird home (5:33 pm)), and might have won some money. It is going to be close. It payed 8 spots and only 9 auction birds (that I know of) came home before knock offs. With my luck, I will be number 9.

Bad day of racing for me and mine. A lot of the guys are saying that their birds came home with muddy feet. Meaning they stopped for water a time or two. Many birds still out.
Posted 19th September 2010, 01:11 PM
I did not ship:

TRC 665
TRC 45
I 18800
COV 100
AIRBABY 33

In the A race (pt birds) I sent 10 and only have 6 back.
In the B race (my birds) I sent 11 and have 11 back. The birds were late for the second week in a row. Something is off, the birds are not flying very well around the loft. I went on two tosses last week all the birds came in together, they just have not been hammering like normal when flying. I need to get this figured out in the next couple of days or hold back next week.

I will post results when I get them and hope the other four show up...

I will also update when I figure out whats going on with the birds.

Becky and Walt sorry about the tuff races, hope you get more birds back home.
Posted 20th September 2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post
Wooh for 47! I didn't think either of my birds would be in this race. But it's a nice surprise. My first bird........and only bird....back from yesterday's race, is 45's brother. Our first race of the season was SO bad that the secretary made it a 2 day race so that all the awards were sure to be filled. A 2-day 100 mile race. Of course he didn't send out the email until way after we'd knocked off clocks. Wouldn't matter anyway, since nothing has changed for me. I got 4th place in the B race. Wooh for top 10 percent? Only there were only 5 birds clocked...sooooo....not too impressive, LOL
Wow that must have been one tuff 100 mile race. Was it just because of head winds or did they hit bad weather along the way? How many birds did you ship to the races. How many birds were in the race total? How many birds are you out or did they all eventually make it home. Atleast you got in the top 10%. I had high hopes for my team this week but they didn't do as good as I hoped. I only had 2 birds in the top 10% 5th and 21st out of 261 birds. I know they both would have been better if they landed when they got home instead of flying around the loft for 3 mins after flying 164 miles. Gotta love it when they come home from a toss on shipping day and a cooper hawk is on the landing board.

Check Out my Clubs website see if your interested in any of the races sponsored by my club.
WWW.LindenhurstHPC.COM
Posted 20th September 2010, 08:15 PM
Did the missing birds make it home?
Posted 21st September 2010, 02:56 PM
The race reports are simply telling us, which birds have come into form. This for example is the 2nd toss in a row that a SFL banded bird has won 1st place this week....this bird is in form, may stay that way for a few weeks and then it wont be....one can only hope that when the BIG one comes, that the bird is in form on that particular day.

http://www.wincompanion.com/one_unik...==&skin=winner
Posted 21st September 2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon0446 View Post
Wow that must have been one tuff 100 mile race. Was it just because of head winds or did they hit bad weather along the way? How many birds did you ship to the races. How many birds were in the race total? How many birds are you out or did they all eventually make it home. Atleast you got in the top 10%. I had high hopes for my team this week but they didn't do as good as I hoped. I only had 2 birds in the top 10% 5th and 21st out of 261 birds. I know they both would have been better if they landed when they got home instead of flying around the loft for 3 mins after flying 164 miles. Gotta love it when they come home from a toss on shipping day and a cooper hawk is on the landing board.
No, they had perfect weather and the wind did eventually die off. I shipped 10 in the A and 11 in the B.
In the combine there were 372 birds entered in the A race with 35 lofts. Only 120 birds clocked in those 2 days, and 5 lofts were no-reports.
331 birds from 32 lofts were in the B race. 126 birds returned and 2 lofts didn't report.

I got 50th place in the combine. I am not happy.

If it means anything, we've done some research and as you guys should know, sun flares effect animals who use the magnetic fields for guidance. Takes them 3 days to get over it. The sun's activity was highest Saturday.

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 21st September 2010, 06:07 PM
Got the race result to Tom's club A&B race only not the pt race.

It looks like the B race was faster then the A race.

A race.jpg

B race.jpg

Last edited by k2rmx.rob; 21st September 2010 at 06:17 PM..
Posted 21st September 2010, 08:17 PM
If sun's flare affects earth's magnetic field, and if pigeons use magnetic field for navigation, it should be obvious that birds will get messed up so I like to buy on that idea.

"I like to believe in people."
Jonathan Kent, Smallville

Last edited by RodSD; 23rd September 2010 at 12:37 AM..

Tags
one loft race