"OUR" First Annual One Loft Race - Page 7 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 1st January 2010, 02:39 AM
I have a loft full of birds I can donate...but, nobody would want any of my "no pedigree" muts. So, I won't, hehe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 1st January 2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithFamilyLoft View Post
Tell you what, you come up with the best, el primo YB you have in 2010, and you send it to the Flamingo International Challenge....I will pay the entry fees, you win the races, I win the money !!! I even share with you. See what bird you have that can win the 400 mile race. I got $400 burning a hole in my pocket. You can send your best, and become famous.
If Randy wont take this challenge I will. However, that would only be one specific bird out of the 4 I intend to send. I will even let you pick the bird!! You pay the entry, I get the glory, and 10% of winnings go to my favorite pigeon related charity or toward clocks to start new flyers. A win win situation all the way around.
After our money race finishes locally and in the AU race in the last couple of years we are ready to test them against the "Warren's" of the world. When we win the PT one loft race we will donate our birds to a raffle at the end where the winner can take possession of them. The pedigrees may not be the "Sure Bet" type but they are all performance.
Ken
Posted 1st January 2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Tell you what, you come up with the best, el primo YB you have in 2010, and you send it to the Flamingo International Challenge....I will pay the entry fees, you win the races, I win the money !!! I even share with you. See what bird you have that can win the 400 mile race. I got $400 burning a hole in my pocket. You can send your best, and become famous.
I don't remember writing this....I must have let the window open on my computer, and the kid must have written this, just to get me in trouble.
I might just have a hard enough of a time to come up with the entry fees for a few of my own birds. Just getting some birds through the complete series of races was a big enough challenge in itself. I think the above caption was written with the help of adult beverages, but I could be wrong. ....

Posted 1st January 2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillfamilyloft View Post
Maybe since we cannot get Warren to enter the race, maybe we can get him to donate a pair of young birds to the winner.

I will also be willing to donate a young bird or two off my Ikon/Magic Star bird or my Vic Miller birds. The babies off these bloodlines are going for around $300 each on Ipigeon. I could also donate a young breeding pair off my best birds.

This could help some of the new fliers on the post get some good birds. Many of the top name birds are out of reach for the average guy or gal.

Randy
Getting into the spirit of a Happy New Year....I will consider how I might help support this event. Maybe I should consider sending a bird or two to this event. At the very least, most will then be able to say they beat an SFL banded bird in this event. My only hope, is it does not get lost off the landing board, and does not embarrass me too much. The thought of seeing George pull some breeders out of retirment, and winning this without any competition, might have been the little push I needed.
Posted 1st January 2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by george simon View Post
Well it looks like I will have to pull some of my breeders out of retirement,to breed a couple of birds for this race.GEORGE

Now, this could get interesting !
braden
Posted 1st January 2010, 12:39 PM
I just think it is great to be a "nobody in racing" like myself, a newbie as you will, and have the oppertunity to fly with some of the greats, let alone other regular people from all over the countryside!

I too would be estatic to "win" a pair of premium birds, just something to add to the "secret weapons" I have breeding out here now, LOL!!!
Posted 1st January 2010, 01:08 PM
Anyone Seen Lovebirds? It would be nice to get Renee in the race also.

I like the way it is getting thick in here.

Randy
Posted 1st January 2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Getting into the spirit of a Happy New Year....I will consider how I might help support this event. Maybe I should consider sending a bird or two to this event. At the very least, most will then be able to say they beat an SFL banded bird in this event. My only hope, is it does not get lost off the landing board, and does not embarrass me too much. The thought of seeing George pull some breeders out of retirment, and winning this without any competition, might have been the little push I needed.
This WOULD be interesting as well. Except that we have to wait a few hours to see if there are any adult beverages involved in this posting.

Seriously though. The thought of just having a chance to get lucky against the likes of HFL, SFL, GS, and several other lofts on here, just gets me tingly all over.

Just think of the fun I will have on here for the next year, if I finish in the top five!!!!

Lots of pressure on Flapdoodle for sure. Maybe I should send him a couple of cases of Coors, er...ah...I mean, I'm not trying to bribe him or anything.

Just trying to be helpful
Posted 1st January 2010, 01:20 PM
I have an older cock bird that finished in the money in the 2005 Mercedez Classic, and a hen that finished in the money in the 2006 Flamingo classic.

I'm gonna try to time it and get my entries out of them. But with my luck, he won't like her. She is a pretty little thing though. He has a crooked leg, healed up from being broken somewhere along the line. He walks like me. Right now they are married up with others.

I have alternatives of course, but I would like to try those two together.
LokotaLoft
Posted 1st January 2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
I don't remember writing this....I must have let the window open on my computer, and the kid must have written this, just to get me in trouble.
I might just have a hard enough of a time to come up with the entry fees for a few of my own birds. Just getting some birds through the complete series of races was a big enough challenge in itself. I think the above caption was written with the help of adult beverages, but I could be wrong. ....
this post is to funny lol
LokotaLoft
Posted 1st January 2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
I have an older cock bird that finished in the money in the 2005 Mercedez Classic, and a hen that finished in the money in the 2006 Flamingo classic.

I'm gonna try to time it and get my entries out of them. But with my luck, he won't like her. She is a pretty little thing though. He has a crooked leg, healed up from being broken somewhere along the line. He walks like me. Right now they are married up with others.

I have alternatives of course, but I would like to try those two together.
conditionfreak your a riot to read too , very much enjoy your long winded(in a good way) posts, they always give me a good chuckle here and there and always keep one in check with reality at the same time I too have a few ex-Mercedez Classic birds and some NJC combine birds too,no where in the top % but like you they never want to mate to anybody good in the loft but since I dont race I dont mind none the less good luck to all that participate I will be following this thread closely all the way thru, even stuff that has nothing to do with the actual race too lol
Posted 1st January 2010, 07:44 PM
OMG......this is getting better.......
Posted 1st January 2010, 08:10 PM
Thumbs up

Sorry Guys, My money is on the SFL band IF he decides to participate. Win, lose or draw he is still a Champion( And possibly soon to be KING) in my book.
Posted 1st January 2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
Sorry Guys, My money is on the SFL band IF he decides to participate. Win, lose or draw he is still a Champion( And possibly soon to be KING) in my book.
Suck up!!!! Remember, He likes Coors beer. King????? Only when the wife isn't home. All us married guys know that rule.

God Bless,
Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 1st January 2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillfamilyloft View Post
Anyone Seen Lovebirds? It would be nice to get Renee in the race also.

I like the way it is getting thick in here.

Randy
I was wondering that as well. Haven't seen her around here lately. I know she isn't racing anymore, but that doesn't mean she can't still participate in one loft races and such

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~

Tags
one loft race