"OUR" First Annual One Loft Race - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 7th December 2009, 12:01 PM

"OUR" 1st Annual Pigeon-Talk Classic

Please check the updated rules... I am excited to invite you to participate in a one loft race open to PT members only. I emailed a couple other members of the forum and we bounced a few ideas back and forth (I really appreciate the help). I think ultimately it has to come down to one of the quotes from the forum “someone sets up a set of rules and if a person doesn’t like them, then they can keep there birds at home”. I also really like the “one loft, one handler, one group of birds, no one else involved” quote, basically I’m calling all the shots as to how things will be done. If you have advice I’m all ears. If you have a complaint or don’t like how things are done, as this gets going, you have a few options:

1. Don’t enter the race, (leave your birds home)
2. Send me a check for shipping and I will ship your bird back to you
3. Come pick your bird up
4. Talk to someone who cares (I hope that doesn’t sound rude)

In order to make this work I cannot have 40 people calling me at their convenience to talk about their bird. All communication will need to be in the forum, via email, or the blog. I will give weekly updates on the bird’s progress and have the birds ready come the first race.

There was a question of what to do about the money. I have decided the easiest way to handle it is I will front the money until the $50 fee per bird is paid September 1st. If a bird is not in the loft September 1st and you have paid I will refund the $50, after September 1st no refunds. Now 100% free to you, except shipping Updated 3/22

If you are interested, you can add to this post. To register officially and reserve your spot you need to complete the entry form. It is time stamped and the race will be first come first serve. Once we get 40 breeders, I will pull the plug on the registration form. Check out the blog and rules. Let me know if you have any questions…

Rules

PS Originally, I was not going to handle my own birds, but hey, this is for fun and I am making the rules. My Verbruggen/Janssens will be in the mix!!

Last edited by Flapdoodle; 23rd September 2010 at 03:02 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 7th December 2009, 12:35 PM

Count me in!

I signed up!
Posted 7th December 2009, 02:39 PM
Smile

Combine?

You must fly in the Camellia City Combine? The club I will be joining flys there.
Jack

Posted 7th December 2009, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
You must fly in the Camellia City Combine? The club I will be joining flys there.
Jack
Your right I am in the Camellia City Combine in the Auburn Club. Valley Springs? You really are out in the sticks. You have to be the furthest south member in the combine. What club are you looking at joining? Fort Sutter, Mother Lode, Hangtown? Are you going to fly ob/yb next year?

I figure I should also link the original one loft post in this thread for those that missed it.
Posted 7th December 2009, 05:05 PM
Thumbs up

Motherload

I am sure I will be about as far south as you can get. I am trying to get ready for ybs. I have a lot to learn but it should be fun.
Jack
Posted 7th December 2009, 05:42 PM
Count me in! Already signed up!

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 8th December 2009, 06:21 AM
Big T,

Are you gonna send in whites? LOL

Ill be heading up your way in a about two weeks.....are you up for a possible visit?
Posted 8th December 2009, 02:39 PM
You will see my birds in the loft I think this is a really good idea (even though you've already heard my thoughts so far, LOL). Not sure how I can help other than give thoughts/suggestions, but if I can another way, let me know!

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
braden
Posted 8th December 2009, 06:15 PM
I'm in, filled out registration form.
Posted 8th December 2009, 06:40 PM
One question, It says the birds are only accepted April 1st-14th no exception. Can it be possible to extend it to the 30th. I know things can happen unexpectedly with a week or two of having the birds in the loft. My reason is due to the no replacement rule.

Last edited by dvtlegend; 8th December 2009 at 06:43 PM..
Posted 8th December 2009, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Big T,

Are you gonna send in whites? LOL

Ill be heading up your way in a about two weeks.....are you up for a possible visit?
Come on by, I'll feed you.

Tony

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 9th December 2009, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvtlegend View Post
One question, It says the birds are only accepted April 1st-14th no exception. Can it be possible to extend it to the 30th. I know things can happen unexpectedly with a week or two of having the birds in the loft. My reason is due to the no replacement rule.
The idea here is to accommodate as many breeders as possible. This is not a typically one loft race. It is for fun. In order for me to make this work I want the birds in a small two week window. It makes it a lot easier not to have to worry about settling birds at different times, worry about quarantine, etc. I hope you can still make that work. If something happens and someone is not going to make that window let’s talk about it Feb and March here in the forum based on the dates below. I’m sure we can make it work.

I have had a few other questions:

(Someone check my math please, it is really late) If at all possible I want birds shipped Monday April 5th (anytime the first two weeks in April). If we count backwards, that bird would be 33 days old if it hatched March 4th, from an egg laid Feb 15th from birds that mated Feb 5th. If you really want to get the date close pair the birds around January 15. They should lay before the end of the month, let them sit on the eggs a few days. On Feb 5th pull the eggs on average they will lay again 10 days later on the 15th, hatch on March 4th, 33 days old when you ship to me. These dates are based on averages nothing in the sport is exact.

If you plan on sending two birds it would be best to have a group of birds 33 days old to pick from. The most important thing in all this is make sure the birds are weaned and eating and drinking on their own a few days before you ship them.

A few have asked if they can drop off or pick up from the loft. I don't have a problem with that as long as we work it our ahead of time.

If anyone has any other questions keep them coming…
Posted 9th December 2009, 03:50 AM
Is there any way you could post a picture(s) of the loft??
Posted 9th December 2009, 04:54 AM
We just signed up. Good luck to all who enter this, I have a feeling we are going to have some fun with this. Come on PT members lets get this filled up!!
Posted 9th December 2009, 12:10 PM
I put a loft picture in the original thread referenced above. It is not the greatest picture. The loft does need some work. It is currently vacant as my birds are already moved to the other loft or in the individual breeding cages. It currently has nesting boxes which I will remove and add just perches. I will have some time off around the holidays to get this stuff done. I will update the blog with pictures of the progress.

On another note, I turned PM on my account off. I am open to private messages by using my email address below. It is a lot easier for me to manage and reply not having to log in to the forum and worry about keeping messages under a certain size. Feel free to keep the questions coming. If it is private, use the email. If it is more for the group, keep this thread going. Thanks, Tom

Tags
one loft race