Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 6th September 2013, 02:44 AM

Thinking of a 2014 Pigeon talk One Loft Race

The club I'll be flying with has four races at 300 +. 2 at 300, 1 at 350 and a 400. The one loft race will be flown on these four club races.

It would be 40 birds total with no more than 2 birds per PT member. Open only to Pigeon Talk members.

Entry of 200 per bird plus 50 perch fee. Full entry payout plus the top three birds perch fee will be returned.

Payout for each of the 4 races,

1st clocked = 200
2nd clocked = 125
3rd clocked = 50

Best over all bird four the 4 races,

1st = 5000 + 50
2nd = 1000 + 50
3rd = 500 + 50

No one will be able to say that I would handle them any different if they were mine. Upon delivery all birds become the property of Ace In The Hole Loft.

Forum open for your thoughts...

Last edited by ace in the hole; 6th September 2013 at 02:55 AM.
Posted 6th September 2013, 05:12 AM
While your offer (again) to host is insanely generous, I think you'll find people here not to be so interested in prize payouts and would prefer a lower entry fee. I could be wrong. Lets see what others have to say.

Those distances will be a big test!
Posted 6th September 2013, 06:11 AM
I would do it if there is enough interest, but only if I get my birds back.

Last edited by SouthTown Racers; 6th September 2013 at 09:44 AM.
Posted 6th September 2013, 06:28 AM
I have determined to enter birds in only 10 one-loft and futurity races in 2014, but if this were to happen I would make it one that I would enter.
I would guess that finding 40 entries at 250 might be a complication?
Posted 6th September 2013, 06:42 AM
David is right. While it would be tremendous to have you handle our birds Mark, that pricetag is just to high. Us lowly teachers don't get paid that much and I have to pick and choose my battles so to speak.
Posted 6th September 2013, 07:18 AM
I'm not sure prize payouts is a good thing to do... I mean look at how many complaints and whining there was without prizes. Mixing an open forum with unhappy people when money is at stake kind of sounds like a recipe for disaster. Although if you are running it I suppose you could make a rule that disqualifies any whiners/complainers... lol I don't know, just thinking out loud here ha ha On a more serious note I'm not even sure I'd want to get involved with money now seeing all the crap with peta as of late. I don't know the laws and wouldn't want to see you get into some kind of trouble yet.
Steve

peta = proudly euthanizing thousands of animals
Posted 6th September 2013, 08:01 AM
Might consider it if it was a team of 3 for that amount and opportunity for replacements and return of birds if desired?.
Posted 6th September 2013, 09:21 AM
I would be up for it, if a return option was available. Breeder could send return postage prior to the first race if they wanted to retain ownership.
Posted 6th September 2013, 09:47 AM
I would be game if as stated before me there is a return option. Also only if entry fee(excluding perch fee) is refunded if the bird doesn't make the first race.
Posted 6th September 2013, 09:58 AM
$100.00 per bird with a one bird limit per loft...Replacements up until a certain date...
40 birds from 40 lofts/members...Prize winning birds returned to owners at thier expense...Non prize winning birds become property of One Loft Mgr,unless the Breeder wants to PURCHASE the bird back for $50 + S&H/Box....75% of ALL the money is paid out in the 300 mile race only....Remaining 25% goes to the top average speed winner....Average speed consists of one 100M race....one 200M race...and one 300M race....The 300M race is where the 75% is paid out to the winning pigeons...$3000.00 capital total.....

1st clocked $1,000.00.....2nd clocked $750.00.....3rd clocked $400.00.....4th clocked $250.00......5th place to 10th place clocked $100.00....
At least 10 Owners/Breeders will win money out of 40 Lofts/Breeders.....

The loft Mgr could have 30 birds to sell/keep...He will make his feed money etc selling the birds back to the owners....Cost to Breeders/Members is only $100.00 + S&H to the one loft mgr...Alot better then $250.00 + S&H.....

I would send one bird for $100.00,with the options as I suggested.....Alamo
Posted 6th September 2013, 10:06 AM
Alamo, that certainly is intriguing...
Posted 6th September 2013, 11:23 AM
I agree with gbhman. You may not want to get involved with the gambling thing until this case with PETA is resolved. I believe that if Rick Mardis looses his case, there will be a great deal of fall-out. I think other states are watching this case to see how it goes. All it takes is one complaint.
Posted 6th September 2013, 11:38 AM
Just to be clear, what Alamo suggested is not gambling! His proposal was entry fee money sent in and that the prizes are generated from that. Prizes generated from race entry fees is not gambling, any more than if you register for a golf tournament for $25 and they take the registration money and return it to the top few golfers. Absolutely no difference. There is nothing anybody can say about that.

However, the types of extra "pooling" that goes on in the forms of calcuttas, etc. is technically gambling and could be in jeopardy. That's what has gotten some people into legal trouble. But what Alamo proposed is typical of any one loft race and is not "gambling". Let whoever wants to complain go ahead and complain all they want. There would nothing illegal about it. But the extra pooling of birds at most of the one loft races has been dropped and that would be something to avoid in the PT Classic as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbird View Post
I agree with gbhman. You may not want to get involved with the gambling thing until this case with PETA is resolved. I believe that if Rick Mardis looses his case, there will be a great deal of fall-out. I think other states are watching this case to see how it goes. All it takes is one complaint.
Posted 6th September 2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTown Racers View Post
I would do it if there is enough interest, but only if I get my birds back.
It was stated before that I was crazy to even think of taking on a PT race because there is no reward in it. When it is all over the 300 + mile birds will be my reward.
Posted 6th September 2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-John View Post
David is right. While it would be tremendous to have you handle our birds Mark, that pricetag is just to high. Us lowly teachers don't get paid that much and I have to pick and choose my battles so to speak.
I do not care about the prize money amount. I don't even care about the perch fees. I was trying to set it up so it would give a good pay out to those who entered. At the same time cut out some of the complainers...