Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 21st August 2010, 01:23 PM

Trenton Racing Pigeons

Anybody in this group fly (race) Trenton pigeons? How do they perform for you?

Last year a friend of mine gave me six Yellow Trentons that i put with my young bird race team.
When i got to the 50-70 mile training toss, i started losing them.
I was told that Trentons are good long distance birds, so i wonder what happened?

Posted 21st August 2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.DAHLEN View Post
Anybody in this group fly (race) Trenton pigeons? How do they perform for you?

Last year a friend of mine gave me six Yellow Trentons that i put with my young bird race team.
When i got to the 50-70 mile training toss, i started losing them.
I was told that Trentons are good long distance birds, so i wonder what happened?
i dont know much, but some trentons now are breed for their color
Posted 21st August 2010, 02:19 PM
There was a thread oh here not long ago about somebody buying some white Trentons for like $90 a pair or something. Alot of the people on here said that was too much and that pure Trentons no longer existed because most of the people maintaining the line have died. Seems like they said the birds now called Trentons got their name from a resemblance of the old line.
Posted 21st August 2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caden's Aviary View Post
There was a thread oh here not long ago about somebody buying some white Trentons for like $90 a pair or something. Alot of the people on here said that was too much and that pure Trentons no longer existed because most of the people maintaining the line have died. Seems like they said the birds now called Trentons got their name from a resemblance of the old line.
their are still people out their with very good trentons blodline that will fly that 1000 mile.
Posted 21st August 2010, 05:05 PM
I bought one young rust colored Trenton in an auction and lost it early in training. That is my only experience recently. But I used to have them back in the late 70's-early 80's, and they were very reliable long distance birds.

I would assume that there are not many, if any, so called "pure lines" of Trentons around. Possibly some, but I think you would have to look long and hard to find any that were not crossed, and yet still not imbred so much that they are puny and weak.
Posted 21st August 2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blongboy View Post
their are still people out their with very good trentons blodline that will fly that 1000 mile.

Who flies 1000 miles? My club used to the past ( and they used trentons,abelines, exc. ) but was unaware that anyone does anymore.

Last edited by ohiogsp; 21st August 2010 at 06:31 PM.
Posted 21st August 2010, 06:10 PM
I can tell you this for sure I race with one of the biggest trenton guys there is, every weekend. He raced the 1000 miles with trentons many years. If I asked him for some old trenton blood like they used to fly from 1000 miles he would have a good laugh for sure.
Posted 21st August 2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogsp View Post
I can tell you this for sure I race with one of the biggest trenton guys there is, every weekend. He raced the 1000 miles with trentons many years. If I asked him for some old trenton blood like they used to fly from 1000 miles he would have a good laugh for sure.
Why is that, because his cant do the 1k or there are no pure Trentons anymore or because he thinks his are just the best?
Posted 21st August 2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogsp View Post
i said 1000 not 100
Posted 21st August 2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
i said 1000 not 100
Iss thaat betterrr? Stuupidd ttypooos
Posted 21st August 2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak View Post
I bought one young rust colored Trenton in an auction and lost it early in training. That is my only experience recently. But I used to have them back in the late 70's-early 80's, and they were very reliable long distance birds.

I would assume that there are not many, if any, so called "pure lines" of Trentons around. Possibly some, but I think you would have to look long and hard to find any that were not crossed, and yet still not imbred so much that they are puny and weak.
You should have started it at 500 miles
Posted 21st August 2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsonfire View Post
Why is that, because his cant do the 1k or there are no pure Trentons anymore or because he thinks his are just the best?

Well first he would say there are no pigeons like that anymore. Then he would say the reason we quit flying the 1000 is because so many birds were lost people would not enter the race anymore. I know he would say this because I have already heard it.

If people had not lost so many birds doing it, it would have continued and we would have trenton "like" birds that could do 1000 miles today because they would still be proven to do so. There is no way to select 1000 mile stock 2 day therefore it does not exist. This last part is my opinion.
Posted 19th May 2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Blongboy, DO U Know any one flying 1000 mi Trentons ??? I am un able to find a flyer today...! I go back a long way, when Trentons were Terrors for 1000 mi and people like the late Milt Haffner and my relation conversed on the phone, I rember Milts..Abilenes,, an why he named them that way...the good old days..I would like to converse with a 1000 mi flyer today...!! THANKS.....Harry
Posted 19th May 2011, 03:10 PM
friends have u heard of pakistani high flying pigeons they are best racing pigeons in world,they keep flying for something like 12 hours or more...
Posted 19th May 2011, 03:19 PM
Post your race results--Distances? Speed?