Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > I found a pigeon or dove - now what?

Notices

Posted 10th September 2007, 08:37 PM

Pluck no more

Well I am amazed....I got the pluck no more and just figured that I had wasted my money. I followed the directions exactly and my little Dovey is fully feathered again! She has made a full recovery....no more plucking, no more foot stamping and acting like a crazy bird. back to her normal loving self. It took about half a bottle to work but it is definatly worth it.

Posted 10th September 2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the good news update and the good feedback on Pluck No More!

Terry
Posted 11th September 2007, 05:34 AM
Thank you for letting us know.

Here is the original link:

http://www.kingscages.com/

Every negative event effects my ability to own my APBT, please be a responsible owner and keep your pitbull out of trouble.
pigeonperson
Posted 11th September 2007, 08:59 AM
It's important to let everyone know that Pluck No More can be a dangerous product. It masks the symptoms of what could be an underlying illness. Feet stomping is a symptom of mites and a mite killer should have been used. In addition, Giardia, a protozoan and yeast infections can often cause feather plucking.
Before this product is used, a complete physical examination would be important in order to rule out any other reasons for the plucking.
Posted 11th September 2007, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonperson View Post
It's important to let everyone know that Pluck No More can be a dangerous product. It masks the symptoms of what could be an underlying illness. Feet stomping is a symptom of mites and a mite killer should have been used. In addition, Giardia, a protozoan and yeast infections can often cause feather plucking.
Before this product is used, a complete physical examination would be important in order to rule out any other reasons for the plucking.
I believe Birdbabe had consulted her vet and he wasn't able to help her dove.

I'm just glad to hear the dove is better.
Posted 11th September 2007, 05:32 PM
Pigeon person.....I had all the tests done and every other thing that could have been remotly possible....maybe you should read all past posts before replying. Im not simple enought o try anything with out vet help. My birds are my children. Thank you.
Posted 12th September 2007, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Pluck No More is not a dangerous product, it doesn't even have any side effects because it is an herbal product. Avian vets recommend it to their clients, so naturally the birds have already had a thorough exam.

The only DANGER that lies in it, is people using it indiscriminitely, without first seeking out an avian vet.

I have requested the manufacturer to send me a list of the ingredients also, so I can post them.

Every negative event effects my ability to own my APBT, please be a responsible owner and keep your pitbull out of trouble.
Posted 12th September 2007, 12:09 PM
And Birdbabe specifically said she followed all the instructions carefully. Sounds like a good product to me. I always appreciate testimonials because many products make claims, but not all of them deliver.
pigeonperson
Posted 12th September 2007, 01:07 PM
"The only DANGER that lies in it, is people using it indiscriminitely, without first seeking out an avian vet."

Treesa,
That's what I was trying to relay. Using the product could mask symptoms of something more serious.
Posted 12th September 2007, 02:26 PM
Quote:
"The only DANGER that lies in it, is people using it indiscriminitely, without first seeking out an avian vet."

Treesa,
That's what I was trying to relay. Using the product could mask symptoms of something more serious.

EXACTLY, but the product itself is nOT dangerous.

Misuse/overuse of any product can make a product dangerous.

Tags
avian vet, avian vets, fully feathered, yeast infection

You may also search for:

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how do you pluck a blood feather