Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeons & People > General Discussions

Posted 9th June 2012, 12:38 PM

white dove release

Does anyone know if a license is needed for a release business in Phx. Az?
If so what type ? I cannot find it anywhere on the city of Phx website and everything on the phone is automated and cannot ever talk to a live person.
Thanks

Posted 10th June 2012, 08:04 AM
Well I can't cite any law however if you are making money they want a piece of it. As far as I know you need a license to sell lemonade.

I may be contacted via my youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/flyingtipplers
-Corbin
Posted 10th June 2012, 10:04 AM
I think if you want to have a business then you would go to you're county and get a business license, then you will have to pay taxes depending on how much you bring in, but you can also right off business expenses.

if you only want to do it part time just for fun and the party you are doing it for gives you a donation, then I would not get a business license for that.
Posted 10th June 2012, 11:05 AM
Smile

white dove release

Thanks Corbin and spirit wings for your reply,
Yes I am ready to make millions on this adventure.LOL
I thought I would try to fly them in my area just once and awhile.
Mostly just for fun,and a couple bucks.I've tried to contact people that have white dove releases but got no replies,Everyone treats this like it is a big top secret business.
Posted 10th June 2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK1 View Post
Thanks Corbin and spirit wings for your reply,
Yes I am ready to make millions on this adventure.LOL
I thought I would try to fly them in my area just once and awhile.
Mostly just for fun,and a couple bucks.I've tried to contact people that have white dove releases but got no replies,Everyone treats this like it is a big top secret business.
Thats probably because they wont want competition, are only doing it as a hobby, or as in a lot of cases, using White Doves that cannot home instead of White Homing Pigeons that are properly trained.
Posted 10th June 2012, 06:26 PM
Quazar, Thanks for the reply,Also in my opinion I believe that is why there is a decline in the pigeon hobby.No one is too willing to help a newcomer.I myself have tried in the past to join a pigeon club here in Phx.only to be met with no return e-mails or phone calls
Posted 10th June 2012, 06:58 PM
You should continue to try here on PT. There are many caring individuals that help new people get started, provide information on everything possible about pigeons and their care, and can help you find breeders, clubs, pigeon friendly vets,etc.
Posted 10th June 2012, 07:45 PM
almondman thank you, Yes I enjoy PT very much I have learned alot from others here and hopefully past some of my experiences on to others.
Posted 10th June 2012, 08:05 PM
Your welcome. And we appreciate your sharing those experiences too. One of my first posts was about the aging of our hobby. I asked why we weren't attracting more younger folks. But I have since noticed that there have been many newbies between the ages of 11 and 22 joining PT. and I am amazed at how many people there are from Europe, Asia, and Australia/New Zealand. I fear that it's not as popular in the U.S. as it once was but there still hope!
Posted 10th June 2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Quazar, Thanks for the reply,Also in my opinion I believe that is why there is a decline in the pigeon hobby.No one is too willing to help a newcomer.I myself have tried in the past to join a pigeon club here in Phx.only to be met with no return e-mails or phone calls
Would that be the AZpigeon club? I sent them dues this year and never heard anything back. Its sad because this club has a good rep online however no one I meet has anything good to say. Plus they throw meets up in Campe Verde all the time.

I may be contacted via my youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/flyingtipplers
-Corbin
Posted 11th June 2012, 03:35 AM
Quote:
I've experienced something similar this side of the world , they are complaining racing pigeons is a dying sport ........I know why now !