Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Daily > Pigeons & Doves Wanted & For Sale

Posted 9th October 2007, 09:27 AM

Homers available for sale in the Baltimore Area

Greetings,

This is my first post and I was hoping for a little help.

My Father and Mother were both involved in the AU for years and had racing homers for 55+ years. They helped plan multiple AU conventions in Maryland over the years. The last one I attended was in New Orleans in 1993.

My parents are now gone and I am left with a loft full of birds. My father actually choked to death on a piece of chicken at the local feed store while a reporter was writing an article on Pigeons and city zoning. The club who my father devoted so many years to had offered to have a auction, but they never delivered.

We have split the cocks/hens and the only real use now would be for breeders. I do have some pedigrees and there are some Belgian bloodlines as well as others.

I will also have some crates and nest boxes as well.

If someone is interested please PM me and we can work something out. I am really not sure how to price this out so any help would be appreciated. There are roughly 100 birds. Oh, there may be some tumblers as well.

Thanks,

Tim

Posted 5th November 2007, 06:49 PM
Bump for an old lost soul...............

The local feed store where my father died is only going to give me $1 each. Is anyone interested in these birds?

Regards,

Championson
Posted 5th November 2007, 07:43 PM
I'm really sorry about your situation, Tim. That's very tragic about your father. I think you need to badger the Pigeon club some about giving you help.
Good luck.

If all the beasts were
gone, men would die
from great loneliness of
spirit, for whatever
happens to the beasts
also happens to the man.
Seattle 1736-1866

Another Life, Gone To The Birds!

DO NO HARM

Member, International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council
Posted 5th November 2007, 08:27 PM
Tim, I'm sorry to hear of your father's death and the difficult time that you
are having dealing w/the loft of birds he left behind. I can only offer some
ideas for you, but perhaps look up and get in touch w/all the clubs in the area
within a given radius and see if they will post for you. There are also on line
bird auctions where you might be able to sell the birds. I hope you are able
to find a solution that is beneficial to both you and the birds.

fp
Posted 5th November 2007, 11:09 PM
Tim,

If you have not yet done so, please contact the AU about this. You can reach Deone Roberts at aupromo@aol.com or by phone at 405 848-5801.

Terry
Posted 5th November 2007, 11:36 PM
I'm Sure You Could Get More Then $1.00 A Peice For Them. Think Your Feed Guy Is Going Super Cheap. There Are Bird Auction Sites Here Online One Of Them Is Eggbid.com There Free If the Bird Does not Sell. Put As Much Info About The Bird/s You Are Selling Anything You can Think Of On Each Bird/pair.
It Would Also Help When Saling Them To Have Pictures Of the Birds. There Are Places You Can get Cheap Boxes For Shipping If Needed And Just Pass All The Shipping Fee To the Buyers. I sure Hope All Works out For You And The Birds. And Make Sure You know What The Feed Store Preson Wants the Birds For. Some People Like To Train there Dogs With Them.

Have A Great Day,
Jennifer

Check Some Of My Babys Out At :
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/horsesgot6/
Posted 6th November 2007, 08:53 AM

dog trainers

It sounds like the feed store guy just wants to get them cheap to resell them. I live in southern MN and the dog trainers will pay $3-5 each for pigeons. That includes your feral barn pigeons, cross-breds, pretty much anything you want to get rid of.... I'd give them a whirl on Eggbid or put an ad on the AZ pigeon site first. I wish you lived closer or I'd be interested in the crates and nestboxes. Shipping would be out of the world on items those big.
Posted 6th November 2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the help. I was contacted by the AU and hopefully someone can help.

The local club president is a close family friend, but really hard to pin down to anything. This is really weird, but his twin brother (current president) was murdered two days before my dad passed. That was the topic of my last conversations with dad.

I have met many pigeon fanciers in my life, but the ones I have come across lately, in this area, almost seem like sub par humans. I am not trying to offend anyone. However, as a kid growing up I had the opportunity to visit many lofts and meet a lot of great people. I guess people change.

You are all right about the feed store. What I think has happened is that everyone is waiting for me to bring the birds in to sell then they are going to disappear. I guess everyone is looking for a deal. I know that the Saturday before my dad died, he bought two pairs for $400/pair.

Thanks again everyone.

Regards,

Tim
Posted 6th November 2007, 12:43 PM
I would see if the local clubs would help you set up an auction for the birds and come to some agreement on splitting the money taken in. On line auctions are also a good idea. Good luck.
Posted 6th November 2007, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by championson View Post
Bump for an old lost soul...............

The local feed store where my father died is only going to give me $1 each. Is anyone interested in these birds?

Regards,

Championson
. I would not do this AS maybe dog breeders would buy the birds from the feed store. Call the club agin and see what they can do. Might tell them you really need to get these birds sold.
Posted 7th November 2007, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebirds View Post
I would see if the local clubs would help you set up an auction for the birds and come to some agreement on splitting the money taken in. On line auctions are also a good idea. Good luck.
Lovebirds,

Totally off topic, but...........

Do you know any of the Stones in Martinsville? i.e. Stone Ambulance and the Funeral Home. I shared an apartment in college with Ron......

Just curious,

Tim

Regarding your original post......The local club is dragging their feet for even a 60/40 split.
Posted 7th November 2007, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by championson View Post
Lovebirds,

Totally off topic, but...........

Do you know any of the Stones in Martinsville? i.e. Stone Ambulance and the Funeral Home. I shared an apartment in college with Ron......

Just curious,

Tim

Regarding your original post......The local club is dragging their feet for even a 60/40 split.

Of course I've heard of them, but don't know any of them personally.
Posted 7th November 2007, 09:24 AM
where abouts do you live champion?
Posted 7th November 2007, 01:25 PM

Championson:

Hi Tim: Read with interest your flight. Took me a day to get logged into this site. I am very much interested in your crates nest boxes, etc. I also will look at your birds I just got back into flying birds after 30+ years being away from them!!! Just retired!!!!!!!!!!! I live right here in west. MD so I'm not that far from you!!! Give me an pm or a phone # I could reach you Thanks jimbobboy
Posted 12th November 2007, 05:23 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone who has contacted me. I am waiting for my uncle to get the "record books" to me. They are the books that my father kept to cross reference bird to band number etc. I am going to try to get some pics and see if I can attach them.

Thanks,

Tim

Tags
local feed store, nest boxes, pigeon club, pigeon fanciers, racing homer