Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Daily > Pigeons & Doves Wanted & For Sale

Posted 27th October 2007, 02:48 PM
Thumbs up

Rarere colored homing pigeons for sale

Rare colored homing pigeons for sale. These are from racing/flying families and not from show only birds.

Currently barless blues, barless browns, blacks, recessive reds, and whites.

Hopefully soon I will be able to offer, recessive yellows, indigos both heterozygous and homozygous, opals and duns.

I also have ring neck doves -- I keep them around because they are neat little guys. Sorry, not show quality but always willing to sell youngsters if anyone is interested. Have fawn and splash.

For details contact Tom at domanskifamilyloft@dishmail.net

For those very up on genetics, yes I know I mix common terms and correct color terms. If you want specifics contact me.

Posted 28th October 2007, 10:14 AM
Cool

I'd been interested in all colors. I'm starting a new loft and I'm looking for some breeders or culls. How many youngsters do you have? Are you willing to ship?

Thanks
Todd
Posted 28th October 2007, 01:35 PM

breeders - culls

All colors in my loft are directly from flying families. I race in one club and two combines up to 600 miles. I want to keep these colors flying so for right now I'm only arranging to sell young birds from the breeders for the season.

There is always a number of the youngsters that I need to put on the race team or cross into performing race birds to test before putting them back into the rare color stock loft.

Let me know what colors you are looking for. Often with many genes as long as you have the three color groups, you can make colors other than what you start with.

Are you looking for rare colors for racing, for shows or just to have because you love pigeons? I love pigeons, and also race, so I would like to keep these wonderful colors around and keep the racing performance in them.

Tom
Posted 28th October 2007, 01:37 PM
Forgot to answer your last question. I am willing to ship, but as always time of year, weather etc. are a factor in shipping.
Posted 29th October 2007, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttrapper View Post
I love pigeons, and also race, so I would like to keep these wonderful colors around and keep the racing performance in them.
Tom,

I feel the same way. How much are you asking for the bb birds? I currently keep racing homers. I have one black cock bird in my loft and the rest are BC and BB. It would be nice to see another color in the loft. Could you also let me if you keep pedigrees, family history ect.

Thanks!

Luis

luisortizmatos@gmail.com
Posted 29th October 2007, 05:44 AM

Kindred spirits

LuisO

Email me and I'll get you specifics. I acquired mine last year and it was the very first time in my life, I saw a barless in a racing homer. I was also pleasantly surprised by the pedigrees as I love long distance racing and they had long distance pedigrees. By the way my original breeding pair are completely unrelated. A barless blue cock and a barless brown hen. naturally they only throw barless blues but the cocks 100% carry a blue color gene and a brown color gene. The hens only carry the blue color gene as the color gene is located on the sex chromosome so hens only get one from their father.

For anyone who is interested in colors/patterns.

Black is actually the self/spread gene unless what you really have is a T-checker or what is called a dark checker. Spread will turn your blue/blacks into solid blacks and "masks" the true pattern of which each bird carries two genes for pattern.

T-checker is dominant to checker which is dominant to bar which is dominant to barless.

If you have a barless and you mate it to any other pattern, the children will display the dominant gene which will NOT be the barless. If you don't want a highly imbred situation, you have to take patterned birds that you know inherited the barless gene and then mate them together. You will get some barless back.

It's always harder to manage a recessive gene.
Posted 2nd November 2007, 03:40 PM

Browns with Spread

I do not have any (selfs/spreads) as of yet crossed into the brown family.

At this time the brown family is strictly barless. I plan on eventually getting all patterns, and spreads/selfs in the brown family.

I have a black pair that throws a dun occasionally, but to day, I always lose the dun in young bird training/racing.

Maybe, I'll hold em back next year.

I'm excited to observe the difference between a dilute/spread of the blue/black color class verses a self/spread of the brown color class.
Posted 5th November 2007, 04:54 AM

Cross Testing

Barless birds are excellent for test crossing to find out what genotype the test subject possess.

If you mate a dark checker to a barless, what ever two patterns show in the youngsters will be the genotype of the test. So if you dark checkers and bars, you can be positive those are the two pattern genes of the test subject.

Tags
cock bird, homing pigeons, racing homer, ring neck dove, ring neck doves, young bird