Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Daily > Pigeons & Doves Wanted & For Sale

Posted 5th January 2008, 09:27 PM
Smile

Ventura, CA White Homing LD Pigeons Wanted

Hello,

I'd like to buy 4 trainable adults (2 male, 2 females) for startup release & return business asap.
Please email me on prices and availability.

I am new to pigeons, but not new to birds and am a biologist. They will have a good home.

I am studying up on the homers right now. I'd really like some that look as dove like as possible, and also I don't know if there are fantail homing whites but would also be interested if these exist.

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by Moonvalley; 5th January 2008 at 11:53 PM. Reason: (SP)
Posted 5th January 2008, 10:08 PM
Smile

Ps

I'll take young birds that are ready to begin flying too. =-)
Posted 5th January 2008, 10:22 PM

A Little More Information

I have studied ornithology for years and have hand raised Psittisines as well as many other species.

Please help me, I am urgently wanting to do this.

I am willing to meet in South LA or North Santa Barbara if needed.
Posted 5th January 2008, 10:26 PM
Well, what type of business are you starting? If it's a ceremonial release business, then you should be wanting some good white homing pigeons. Doves can't be used in that type of business aside from sitting pretty in nice little cages as "decorative" birds. Fantails also cannot be used for this type of business as they have little or no homing ability and are not strong flying birds.

Tell us a bit more, and I'm sure you will get lots of responses.

Terry
Posted 5th January 2008, 11:11 PM

Hi Terry

Thanks Terry. Rather garbled wasn't I? I want white homers, prefer Belgium if possible, with dark eyes, (dove like qualities). Better? =-) A release and home business small scale. Need 4-8 birds, but at this time think I can only do 4.
I would prefer to have breeders but will go with young if no other option.

Deborah
Posted 6th January 2008, 05:15 AM

dove release

Hi if you plan to go small scale you will need some great birds because losses are part of life id recomed no less than 20 birds to start the releases and would not do a release more than 20 miles once trained because you will be booking wedding all yr and will need birds when the dates come around i dont know what you want to spend but dennis kuhn has some of the best whites.
www.whiteracers.com
Good luck

Jeff
LokotaLoft
Posted 6th January 2008, 09:40 AM
you do also realize that if you did get breeders you couldnt fly them because it would be way past the training to your loft age and they would most likey try to fly to their original home if ever let out ..just food for thought ..personally I would look for delbars,morvets or Stichelbauts they tend have more homing ability still left in their gene pull..
Posted 6th January 2008, 12:38 PM

White homing pigeon

You will not be able to train white homing pigeons right away, the best thing to do is to acquire some squeekers (young birds that able to eat and drink by them selves). If you purchase breeders you need to breed them then the babies will be the one you can release to your place. I highly recommend that you go to foyspigeonsupplies and purchase the book pigeon the color of money it will give you great information about the raising and breeding of white homing pigeon. The fantail pigeons are only use for display during wedding they are not design to be release or the hawks will just going to eat them. I breed white homing pigeons just for fun and hobby. You are more than welcome to e-mail for more information. Raising pigeon is fun but there is more to it than just feeding and watering, I also live in California.
Posted 6th January 2008, 03:05 PM

Thank you so very much

For being willing to help me get started.

I have found nice breeder pair from Dennis Kuhn that I am emailing him about.

I have also found "Stichelbaut" Squeakers for a reasonable price from Norm Brozovich who I am emailing.

After your information I am setting up 1 breeding pair, and will get 8-10 "Stichelbaut" Squeakers. Morvedts sound very nice, but can not find anyone with them available right now. May try to acquire some in the spring.

You folks are so awesome for helping. If you have any tips/tricks that you'd be willing to share, I'd sure appreciate it.

Those of you kind enough to give me your email I will email. =-)

Thanks again and happy New Year.

Deborah
Posted 18th January 2008, 05:53 PM

Moonvalley

Hi Moonvalley!

I know someone that sells Mortvedt whites in SoCal area. His number is 562- 714-1074.

If you have any question, let me know.
Posted 5th February 2008, 09:23 PM

Thank you all so much

The wonderful feedback I got helped so much to get me going in the right direction.

I am now the very proud owner of two stunning white homers with pedigrees that are outstanding- one even going back to the golden couple from Dennis Kuhn. I will most likely be getting my batch of squeakers from Dennis as well.

I am now trying to acquire a few smaller pigeons that will be for cage display only.

Many blessings to you all for your help.

I am not naive on birds, just on pigeons. I have a degree in Biology and studied birds and have worked with birds for many years.

Kind Regards,

Deborah
Posted 5th February 2008, 09:32 PM
If you want Belguim birds, I understand what you want good breed, perfect specimens, and of course bragging rights. Many getting into the white raceing release business make the mistake of wanting Belgium white birds. What you want are Holland of (NL- Netherland) birds. That is the white pigeon center of the world. CBS has a great collection of white birds. But if you can always get NL birds. They throw white birds and will for generations to come. Here is the link: http://www.cbspigeon.com/c-17-Whites.aspx but remember the white long distant Belgium birds are probably not what you want, unless in 3 or 4 generations you would like to have some black and red colors, you can buy them for the records and breed them to NL "real" white birds and cross for "whiteness" and then breed in the real muscle. Now I am not saying that there aren't any good white families in Belgium and I know there are some half-witted white fanciers in NL so make sure you do research before you spent a couple grand on a pair or two of white birds. If you get the good ones you will get good white homers over and over again.

Last edited by Matt D.; 5th February 2008 at 09:35 PM.
Posted 5th February 2008, 09:45 PM

The birds I got =-)

Hen:

Sire was a diploma winner , Dam was Direct daughter of white Storm
In lineage, Domino, Top YB racer, White Storm, Snow White, Black Pearl, Leen Boer/Buitta/Debac, 2X diploma winer

(by the way she placed well in her first year on a 441.498)

Cock:

Sire: Grandson to Breakaway Magic, Dam Inbred Janssen/Van Loon/Meuleman
In lineage, Golden Couple, 2 Ace Pigeon, Breakaway Magic, 3 Comb Futurity, 570 Mile daybird, Janssen/Meuleman

They are now prisoners.

=-)
Posted 5th February 2008, 09:47 PM

ps

I have been looking at CBS and there a few I am interested in that I am checking out right now. I do plan to also race at some point so I only want good solid LD birds. (no sprinters, no mid-range)
Posted 5th February 2008, 09:53 PM
Complements on the hen, sounds like a great bird. On the cock a few questions. On the Janssen/Van Loon/Meuleman cross of the bird sounds like a great flyer mix but doesnt really seam like the pretties birds. Is it a dish head? I have found that anybird down from the Van Loon strain has a huge flat dish head. This may be a problem if you are going to have this be a foundation pair. My recommendations (sounds like you did get a stunning pair of birds btw, I am very jelous) I would get a pair of pin head birds and then breed them out and breed both F1 generations out of your current pairs and then you will have a great white flying and looking flock. You will have a great foundation, for a great future in the Bussiness. I would also tell you go buy "White Pigeons: The Color of Money" you can buy it from seigels.

Tags
homing ability, homing pigeons, white bird, white birds, white homer, white homers, white homing pigeons, white pigeon, young bird