We have lost a vey special member - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Daily > Guardian Angels

Posted 11th November 2010, 08:42 AM
WHO could ever forget her???? In her own words........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Never has the words of our Angel been more true..jpg (31.5 KB, 165 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 11th November 2010, 09:29 AM
Oh my God. I can't belive it. I didn't think Shi would ever die. I know you all understand what I mean.

If all the beasts were
gone, men would die
from great loneliness of
spirit, for whatever
happens to the beasts
also happens to the man.
Seattle 1736-1866

Another Life, Gone To The Birds!

DO NO HARM

Member, International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council
Posted 11th November 2010, 09:36 AM
This may be the single saddest thing I can remember. Like Charis, it never occurred to me there might be a time without Shi around. When I first came to PT with questions because I had found a pigeon, Shi was the first person to really take an interest, and over the years we became long distance friends. She emailed me regularly, and was like a mom, seemingly always worried or concerned and asking me for news and updates about everything. She genuinely took an interest in all people, and cared about everyone. I am not making much sense so I will stop now, but I am so sad and I miss her presence so much.

Posted 11th November 2010, 09:54 AM
Shi is one of a kind and will be greatly missed!!! I spoke with her on Sunday and had I known that would be the last time I would have never hung up Shi was my second mother, her loss will leave a hole in my heart that will never be filled!!!
Posted 11th November 2010, 11:52 AM
Unbelievably sad news, totally unexpected. Like everyone else, I couldn't imagine there would be a day when Shi wouldn't be here, sharing her love for all creatures and her sense of humour. I'll miss her more than I can say.
I hope she's flying high and free.
Posted 11th November 2010, 12:32 PM
I'm truly heartbroken. Please offfer my condolences to her family.
Posted 11th November 2010, 01:12 PM
I'm just sick about this. I can hardly believe it.

Linda
Posted 11th November 2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Everyone, this is Baya, Shi's daughter.

I'm cross-posting the message that I typed up on Brad's Site. I just don't have it in me right now to type a fresh one, so if this is a repeat for you, I apologize, but know that the words mean the same, with just as much feeling as they did when I first typed them...

THANK YOU SO MUCH
for being a friend to my mom/Shi! I feel all of your pain & sorrow and like all of you, never thought this day would come so soon. I always knew that when Mom finally passed that it would be sudden, either by an accident or health issue/heart attack. I just didn't expect it at this time. Knowing Mom, she didn't want to deal with any surgeries that she would have had to endure, nor the ensuing meds & treatment. I'm sure most of you are familiar with her views on "modern medicine" & taking care of one's body.

Funny thing about that last part. She had an umbilical hernia that she wouldn't get checked for several years. She also ignored her heart attack symptoms that started the night before she went to the ER. Thank goodness for AZWhiteFeather, as she's the one who 'made' Mom call 911! Mom was so worried about the birds, that she ignored her own health, despite knowing/feeling something was wrong.

Whether or not Mom meant to go last night, I'll never know. I know she would say that it was "obviously her time" and that "things happen for a reason".

She constantly talked about "Brad's Site", PT and all of her pijie friends! You all brought so much joy to her life...and yes, even some consternation, but what "relationship" doesn't have a few bumps in the road here or there?! She'd talk about all of you to the point where my eyes would glaze over after awhile, as the majority of you I didn't know. I just let her 'rattle on', as I knew how important all of you were to her and she did have some interesting stories! (A phone call usually didn't go by without her saying at least once, "Have you been to Brad's Site?" or "You gotta check out this thread on Brad's Site!"!

Now it's on to the "fun" stuff for me. Mom of course is blissfully happy I'm sure..no doubt bouncing all over the place, telling various folks about how she was right about this theory or that life theory! (I can just see her saying, "I KNEW it!!")

As for those of us that she left behind, AZWhiteFeather is helping me with the pijies. The hardest thing I'm having to deal with is what to do about Mom's kitties. She loved her kitties and I don't deal well with having to make a decision about what to do, but I won't go into that right now.

Thank you all again for being here for my mom! I will be having a "Celebration of Life" for her sometime down the road and will post the info when I get to that point. It won't be anytime in the next month and I'll give folks plenty of notice, so if anyone wishes to attend, they will have time to make plans. All of Mom's friends where very important to her and were like "family" to her, so I want everyone to have an opportunity to say "Goodbye" and rejoice in the fact that we were all a part of "Shi's Life Story" in some way or another!

Take care everyone! Please don't send flowers. I will post who her favorite charity was as soon as I have a chance to go through her records and get a sense of where she would like the extra 'help' sent to!

Love, Hugs & Scritches as Mom would always say...
Baya :*(

(Pete, when Mom talked about you, she always said that you were the "male version" of me and was constantly amazed at how alike our lives & personalities were! She considered you her adopted son, so don't ever forget that and how much she looked forward to your late night chats!!)

P.S. Mom's favorite poem that really summed up how she felt about death & dying is this one....

Don't Weep for Me

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sun on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

~Unknown Author
Posted 11th November 2010, 01:33 PM
I just can't believe it's true, cannot imagine logging on here and not seeing her posts ever again. This is just the saddest thing.

Shi had that way of making you feel you'd known her forever, and her sense of humour was wonderful, she always made me laugh.
We had a chuckle over her imaginery birthday cake only last week.

She wouldn't have wanted to fade away but to go so suddenly leaves such a gaping hole in all the lives she's touched that it's almost too hard to bear for those left behind. Can't write now for tears.

Please send love and condolences to her family and to her very special feathered loved ones too, they will miss her so much too.

Will miss you so much Shi.

God Bless,

Janet x
Posted 11th November 2010, 01:38 PM
It is very hard to believe that this is real. There was not one person, I am sure, who didn't love Shi. Her bubbly personality and funnies, I will always remember.
Rest in peace dear friend.

Reti
Posted 11th November 2010, 01:51 PM
I do not know what to say. I am in disbelief. I love you, Shi.
Posted 11th November 2010, 01:57 PM
Location: Antwerp Belgium, formerly Cologne, Germany, formerly San Antonio, Texas (birthplace)
Shi will definitely be missed here. She added a spark to her posts which enlivened them so much.

Farewell, Shi.

Condolences to all who knew her and loved her.

Larry
Posted 11th November 2010, 02:14 PM
I just read and re-read the first couple of lines in Cindy's post over and over and over, willing them not to be. Shi was so fun to be with (either in real life or the virtual world) besides being such a great confidante and occasional partner-in-crime. I gave up on trying to keep my eyes dry fairly quickly and I haven't managed to keep them so even though I've been working on this post for the better part of an hour.

Shi was a wonderful person and quite the diplomat, too--she helped us all through many rough patches. She will be very much missed.

Pidgey
Posted 11th November 2010, 02:55 PM

we will miss you Mr. Squeaks

My grandpa Victor just told me the sad news that she passed away. I meant to send her a special thank you to her for starting my happy birthday topic just a few weeks aso. I am sorry I never did. She was a very good person. This is what she said to me...
Happy Birthday, Coolpigeon!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't have a fancy card to send but we are flyin' in to wish you with all our hearts...

THE BESTEST BIRTHDAY YET!! YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY, A TEENAGER!!

Seems like just yesterday, you were just a little guy!!

LOVE AND HUGS from

Shi/MR. Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/WoeBeGone/Rae Charles and kitties: Twiggy & Timmy
Posted 11th November 2010, 02:56 PM
"Love, Hugs & Scritches"..... I can't beleive I will never see that again from her own hand.. God bless you Shi.. she will leave a big void here for sure.. I miss her already!...

Tags
guardian angel