We have lost a vey special member - Page 4 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Daily > Guardian Angels

Posted 12th November 2010, 08:31 AM
Oh my, this is such sad news. Although I did not know her personally...I knew by her many sweet and encouraging post she left everyone, including us newbies...that she is a person that loved and was loved by many. May God bless, you will be greatly missed.

Posted 12th November 2010, 09:26 AM

Here's one for you dear lady

I know how she always loved pictures of the patients we have, and always liked to hear about the releases. So here's a picture of our prettiest current patient I know she will like to see. She's an adult Giolden Eagle and is due for release next spring after the spring molt. Goodbye dear lady, Nancy and I will miss you, prehaps next spring you can do a little soaring with this pretty girl.

NAB :-)

P.S. Thanks Nona for emailing me, I been kind of busy lately and haven't been able get on much.

Posted 12th November 2010, 09:35 AM
I extend my hope to the family in there time of sadness. And let them know she will be missed here also. And they will allways have her in there heart so she will never be gone in there memories.

Posted 12th November 2010, 12:24 PM
Last Wednesday night late, on toward dawn, I was doing the before bed fresh Waterers
and Feed Bowls for the convelesents, and, it felt like Shi was breezing
through here, and interested to see 'Persephone' ( The Bantam Hen, the
'Feathered Cantaloupe', ) after whom she often asked.

I did not think a thing about it, other than it felt nice...and, some of me
simply said "Hi Shi!" and the rest of me was just being about my chores.

Now this news.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this really hurts.

Shi will be deeply missed.

I just feel stunned and really sorry to hear this.

I guess, blow a Kiss to the Sky...it'll find her...

But she will sure be missed 'here'.

"Hugs and Scritches"...

Phil
Lv
Posted 12th November 2010, 02:01 PM
That is so sad
She will be missed greatly
Posted 12th November 2010, 02:09 PM
We will all miss her - especially me and Maggie. I'm shocked. It's just too bad. We will all remember her. She seemed so full of life - and now she's gone.
Posted 12th November 2010, 02:56 PM

So very sorry

Though I did not know Shi (Mr. Squeaks) as well as I would have liked to, it was easy to see from her posts that she was a kind and gentle soul.
I will so very much miss her comments which always seem to be upbeat and filled with compassion.
May she rest in peace.
Posted 12th November 2010, 03:22 PM
As Shi always used to say: "Sending our best with Love, Hugs and Scritches" to MR. Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/WoeBeGone/Rae Charles.

Shi was so supportive and encouraging. Our last post was us laughing about all the feathers we were cleaning up from our babies moulting. I will miss her and all the smiles she brought into my life.

All our love and prayers to her family and babies,
Beth, George, Kiko and Kalani
Posted 12th November 2010, 03:29 PM
Wow, I am bummed and hurting to hear this........ What a wonderful lady she was and I will definitly miss her posting. I am so, so sorry. GOD be with HER....

"Blue Bombers Loft"
Posted 12th November 2010, 04:22 PM
One of the first people to speak to me on this forum, i will miss her what a real shame xxxx
Posted 12th November 2010, 05:13 PM
Darling Shi,

You sparkled, you shone, you spread kindness and caring where ever you went, whether in person or on line, so that anyone having contact with you went away with a good feeling. You loved deeply your family, your friends and your birds and kitties. I had the privilege of meeting you several years ago for which I will always be grateful. Farewell lovely lady, I'll look for you in the way of your favorite poem. And I will never write the word scritch without thinking of you.

Love and scritches,

Margaret

To family and friends, my deepest condolences. We were so blessed to have Shi in our lives and here on PT.
Posted 13th November 2010, 01:04 PM
I am so sorry. Shi was a very special, loved person and will be missed by many. She should only know how many lives she touched...and I'm sure, as she watches us now, she does.

I know I speak for Phyll and Bob as well (who aren't able to post these days) when I say how heartbreaking this news is.

Be happy, Shi, and may you be at peace with all your beloved furred and feathered babies that are there with you.
Posted 13th November 2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Sommm View Post
Hi Everyone, this is Baya, Shi's daughter.

I'm cross-posting the message that I typed up on Brad's Site. I just don't have it in me right now to type a fresh one, so if this is a repeat for you, I apologize, but know that the words mean the same, with just as much feeling as they did when I first typed them...

THANK YOU SO MUCH
for being a friend to my mom/Shi! I feel all of your pain & sorrow and like all of you, never thought this day would come so soon. I always knew that when Mom finally passed that it would be sudden, either by an accident or health issue/heart attack. I just didn't expect it at this time. Knowing Mom, she didn't want to deal with any surgeries that she would have had to endure, nor the ensuing meds & treatment. I'm sure most of you are familiar with her views on "modern medicine" & taking care of one's body.

Funny thing about that last part. She had an umbilical hernia that she wouldn't get checked for several years. She also ignored her heart attack symptoms that started the night before she went to the ER. Thank goodness for AZWhiteFeather, as she's the one who 'made' Mom call 911! Mom was so worried about the birds, that she ignored her own health, despite knowing/feeling something was wrong.

Whether or not Mom meant to go last night, I'll never know. I know she would say that it was "obviously her time" and that "things happen for a reason".

She constantly talked about "Brad's Site", PT and all of her pijie friends! You all brought so much joy to her life...and yes, even some consternation, but what "relationship" doesn't have a few bumps in the road here or there?! She'd talk about all of you to the point where my eyes would glaze over after awhile, as the majority of you I didn't know. I just let her 'rattle on', as I knew how important all of you were to her and she did have some interesting stories! (A phone call usually didn't go by without her saying at least once, "Have you been to Brad's Site?" or "You gotta check out this thread on Brad's Site!"!

Now it's on to the "fun" stuff for me. Mom of course is blissfully happy I'm sure..no doubt bouncing all over the place, telling various folks about how she was right about this theory or that life theory! (I can just see her saying, "I KNEW it!!")

As for those of us that she left behind, AZWhiteFeather is helping me with the pijies. The hardest thing I'm having to deal with is what to do about Mom's kitties. She loved her kitties and I don't deal well with having to make a decision about what to do, but I won't go into that right now.

Thank you all again for being here for my mom! I will be having a "Celebration of Life" for her sometime down the road and will post the info when I get to that point. It won't be anytime in the next month and I'll give folks plenty of notice, so if anyone wishes to attend, they will have time to make plans. All of Mom's friends where very important to her and were like "family" to her, so I want everyone to have an opportunity to say "Goodbye" and rejoice in the fact that we were all a part of "Shi's Life Story" in some way or another!

Take care everyone! Please don't send flowers. I will post who her favorite charity was as soon as I have a chance to go through her records and get a sense of where she would like the extra 'help' sent to!

Love, Hugs & Scritches as Mom would always say...
Baya :*(

(Pete, when Mom talked about you, she always said that you were the "male version" of me and was constantly amazed at how alike our lives & personalities were! She considered you her adopted son, so don't ever forget that and how much she looked forward to your late night chats!!)

P.S. Mom's favorite poem that really summed up how she felt about death & dying is this one....

Don't Weep for Me

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sun on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

~Unknown Author
this news truely hurts my heart and leaves me totally without words.. the poem left behind will forever be instilled within my very saddened soul .. soar my frend, soar to the heavens and forever feel the wind beneath your wings ...
Posted 14th November 2010, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=Dezirrae;519768]I saw the most brilliant shooting star late last night and thought how unusual for my neck of the woods... it was big and very bright. Somehow I think it must have been Shi starting her journey and spreading her love - as was her way.

I agree....absolutely her message to you that ALL IS VERY WELL and ALL OF US WILL MEET AGAIN! AMEN!
Your words are most touching and encouraging, as always!
God Bless and Keep you and yours,
Christin
http://picasaweb.google.com/GodsBelovedCreatures
Posted 14th November 2010, 01:19 PM

Truly a PT Angel, now one of Heaven's Angels

Blessings of Hope and Faith to all who loved and will miss Sweet Shi,

How sad to lose another PT Angel...I'm sure Shi and Maggie are together tending to all of our beloved pets along with Saint Francis.

The Great News is that with faith and belief in Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, WE SHALL ALL MEET AGAIN, never again to shed the many tears of goodbyes.

My prayers shall continue daily for Shi's family as well as each and every member here, new and old alike, to receive healing of spirit, mind and body and Salvation through Christ our Lord.

Let us not grieve as those without hope, for Our Hope is in the Lord. AMEN!

Blessings to you, Nona, for emailing me about Shi's entering Heaven.

Love and Prayers to all, always.
http://picasaweb.google.com/GodsBelovedCreatures

Tags
guardian angel