Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Archives > Archive - AGSG / Pigeon King Birds

Posted 20th September 2009, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsYtRwppfh8 Please listen to this.

One of my Favorite Quotes: You cannot do a kindness too soon~for you never know how soon it will be too late."
Posted 6th October 2009, 08:40 PM
So whatever happened?
Posted 7th October 2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks for inquiring!

Rob has decided that Pudgey has found his home with them and he is integrating him into the house. Ive spent a lot of time helping him and it warms my heart that this bird chose his driveway to go strolling up... Hopefully once they are are settled with bringing him inside Rob will post some new pictures.... I for one would LOVE to see......((hint---hint Rob) LOL!

One of my Favorite Quotes: You cannot do a kindness too soon~for you never know how soon it will be too late."
Posted 7th October 2009, 09:20 PM
Smile

Isn't it amazing how these little birds that wander up your driveway so easily work their way into our hearts? Even if you are not a "bird" person! We would not know what to do without our Ernie now! The people on here are terrific in educating us "newbies" about taking care of the new family member. It is very much appreciated!
Posted 7th October 2009, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkds View Post
Isn't it amazing how these little birds that wander up your driveway so easily work their way into our hearts? Even if you are not a "bird" person! We would not know what to do without our Ernie now! The people on here are terrific in educating us "newbies" about taking care of the new family member. It is very much appreciated!

What a kind post and thank you!

I really do believe they approach those who will take care of them... I believe that! Its an amazing gift... when you decide to really recieve it! Ernie is one I can add to my..." UH-huh, that's one smart bird!" list! and Pudgey is too.... Also... we may be able to help you all..... BUT it's really that you guys care so much about learning that makes it all happen in the end! for us here and the birds, thats PRICELESS!

Posted 8th October 2009, 01:55 PM
Wow that is great!
Posted 8th October 2009, 07:26 PM

Update on Pudgey

I just saw the posts regarding the status of our pigeon. I've just finished moving him into the house after keeping him in our garage since we found him. He's still getting used to his new environment but he seems to like the perch I built for him near the rafters of our basement laundry room. I placed it right over the tub/sink so he can poop into it. It seems to work well so far. Nice and easy to clean up and he seems to be less stressed if he's up high. He doesn't even mind us being underneath him working at the sink so hopefully he'll like it. I finished treating him for canker, cocci, mites, and worms (which is a good thing since it took our rabbit about an hour to discover his food dish and eat all his seeds - stupid rabbit!) I don't know if it's the best life for Pudgey, but as I said to FloridaLuv in an email, I hope a solitary life is better than a short one. I'm going to try and attach a couple of pictures but if it doesn't work, I'll maybe email them to FloridaLuv to post for me (if that's OK?) I haven't had a chance to sign up at Pigeon Angels yet, but I have visited and read some of the posts. Thanks again to all for the help and advice so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA080006.jpg (92.8 KB, 309 views)
File Type: jpg PA080007.jpg (92.7 KB, 307 views)
Posted 22nd October 2009, 08:55 PM
thank you for keeping this pigeon, ive had to keep a few wild pigeons before when i first got started cause they where injured and couldnt fly again but they loved their life when i had them.
Posted 22nd October 2009, 10:01 PM
Hi Rob. It really was great of you to take in this pij. I know what you mean about keeping him in a cage all the time. Not ideal. There are people who have pet pigeons in cages, but they let them out, inside, to fly for a couple of hours daily for exercise. This poor bird was raised in a loft environment, and when he was thrown out into the world, he didn't know how to avoid predators, or how to find food and water. Also, as has already been mentioned, a lone bird is soon picked off by a hawk or similar predator. When you found him, he was reluctant to fly, and that is why you were able to catch him. The reason for this, is normally because the poor thing couldn't find food, and was starving to death. If you hadn't taken him in, then he wouldn't have lasted much longer. If you release him, that will put him right back where he was. Starving and alone. He'll just die out there. I'm sure we can find him a home. I take in rescues, but I am in Massachusetts. I know there are people in your area who would do the same. I hope you will just hang in there and maybe together, we can come up with an idea. Other members will see this and stop by with advice, I'm sure. Thanks for trying for him. You're all the poor thing has at the moment.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 22nd October 2009, 10:06 PM
Whooo! I didn't see these other posts! So you've decided to keep him. Great! He's a pretty bird, and I like the perch you have built him. I'm glad you're keeping him. That's wonderful. Any problems or questions, just come back and ask. And welcome to Pigeon Talk. You have a beautiful bird there.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 25th October 2009, 02:45 PM

I found a banded bird too today! HELP!

I live just outside of Toronto and I found an Arlan Galbraith Strathclyde Pigeon (White) that isn't very well. I have 3 birds so I took it in...then saw what I think is Lice (longer worm type looking things crawling through his feathers. I have an exotic bird and 2 budgies so out it went into the garage...in a cage, in a container and covered with a blanket. It has food and water and is very happy for that! I know this bird is part of the "Pigeon King" bankruptcy and so NOW WHAT! I can't keep it as I have too many pets. I wanted to return it which is why I agreed to take it. Maybe our local wildlife rescue can come. Any help??? Does anyone want it? What do I do?? I figured I would release it but now it says they can't fend for themselves....AHHHH! I'm a sucker for punishment but if it has diseases...then I cannot risk it coming into my house. PLEASE email me!!
DebbyWoodhouse@hotmail.com

Many thanks,
Debby
Posted 18th November 2010, 09:46 AM
haha, ok. One year later how is Pudgy Pigeon?