Pigeon-Talk banner

Wasn't Expecting All Of These .. But ..

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  maryjane 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Would Whopper be in the Giant Runt category??

My heart goes out to the ones with the bad injuries...

Am sending LOVE, HUGS, SCRITCHES and HEALING THOUGHTS TO HELP!!

Shi
Thanks, Shi! No, Whopper is a racing pigeon .. just a good sized one. When you are used to handling ferals and some of the smaller show breeds, it's quite a shock to pick up a racing pigeon that weighs a bit more than a pound. The runts would be in the 2-3 pound weight range .. they are whoppers for sure!

Terry

#4 ·
I hear you, Terry! When I found Squeaks and was told he was only a month or so old, I was absolutely shocked! He looked and felt like a FULL GROWN pij!

I just bet he was bred as a long distancer! :D

(mmmm, maybe THAT's where his attitude came from!) :eek:

Shi &
Squeaks (adding HIS 2 cents saying, "That's MR. Squeaks, thank you very much!)

#5 ·
Whopper is very cute along with the fancy white one. They are adorable. I have some faintails with the little thing on the back of the head on the white pigeon.

The babies are adorable! Im currently hand feeding 3 baby pigeons.

Nice job you are doing over there :D.

I finished my coop today must show you pics done just in time for my bday tomorrow :D WOOO HOOO

#7 ·
Terry, beautiful birds, all of them. Do you have any idea what the neurological
symptoms are being caused by?

fp

#10 ·
Hands full, as usual!! :D I hope everyone does well and know they will thrive with you and hopefully do as well in their new homes (those that are being adopted). That Whopper guy does look pretty large! I thought my biggest/heaviest bird was Leonardo (the "meat"pigeon from the SF shelter) but I picked up Miss Betty Boop the other day and almost yanked my shoulders from their sockets! :eek: I have to get her (him, I think:p ) on a scale but she is definitely heavier than even huge old Leonardo. She is even heavier than Fussy Gussy, the chicken! I've never held such a solid, weighty bird before. Good luck with all of the newbies! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.