Pigeon-Talk banner

Willie the Pigeon was Killed today

5K views 32 replies 25 participants last post by  cubanlofts 
#1 · (Edited)
:(Im so sad I can hardly see,, but this morning We found Him in the corner of His big safe patio, He trusted Me that it was safe, and it looks like a cat ripped a section of screen off and came in and got Him, I cant help but think, maybe a little corner was loose and the cat just pulled it off a little more, there will never be another bird quite like Willie, He will be so missed by Me and everyone else, Thank You all for Your helpful advise, and sharing
Michael:(

Thank You all for Your kind words and comments, I can barely stand to visit this group now that Willie is gone, He was not just some normal pigeon, I keep feeling like I let Him down, by letting something get him, He trusted Me 100% that He was safe and loved, Me and My Sister Joyce are both devastated that He is gone, of all the normal birds all over the yard and eating at Her bird feeder, some stray wild cat has to break in and attack Willie, I dont know why still, but I just hope and pray His Spirit can find Me again, soon, Im crying now as I type,
Thanks
Click on My statistics and all threads started By Me, and just enjoy and have fun watching Willies adventures, and I hope He returns soon.

#15 ·
So sorry to hear that. Life is full of these things. Loves ones and loved pets, all go.

Find comfort in remembering the companionship and fun you two had together, in the short time you had together. Your time and his time were not wasted. But enjoyed.

This is why everyone should hug, call or visit those they care about, as often as possible. Because tomorrow is promised to no man. Or pigeon.

Gonna go call my mother right now. :(

#19 ·
I can't believe it! Thought Willie would go on forever.. Another good reason to keep your cats INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!!!! you don't know what they are doing at your neighbors.. or to the wild birds too... Im so sorry this tradgedy has taken this special bird from you.

#24 ·
Mike, I am really sorry to hear this news. You cannot blame a cat, or even the people who keep it. It could have been a raccoon, possum or rat just as well. Unfortunately, it is up to the owner of the bird to try and keep it safe from the many predators out there, and there are many. Things happen.Many let their birds out, and people with cats like to do the same. Don't know if it was just screening on the patio, but that just isn't safe, and won't keep many things out. Many predators can get through screening. Hardware cloth is needed. Mike, I'm so sorry. He will be missed a lot. Some birds are harder to replace than others, and Willie was certainly one of those birds.

#25 · (Edited)
I'm sorry Mike

Dear Mike, I am so truly sorry to hear about the loss of Willie. The pain you must feel is barely imaginable. I am crying as I write this, and I only met Willie through your videos and stories. It is a great loss to the Pigeon world...there will never be another bird like him. And it is also a great loss to Pigeon-talk, because your stories brought us all great joy. The world is a better place because Willie was in it. Rest peacefully, Willie. And Mike, my heart goes out to you. Thanks for sharing Willie with us. Joni

#26 · (Edited)
I just saw this thread, Mike and, I, too, can't begin to tell you how sorry I am about Willie's loss!

I just stared at the screen and kept saying, "On, NO!"

Thank goodness I can "touch" type and not have to see the keys because there were too many tears!

I am so very very sorry! Willie was one of a kind and will be soooo missed.

Only time will help dull your pain and sorrow. I know he will always be with you in your heart and memories.

Perhaps this poem by Mary Frye will bring some comfort:

Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow,
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.

I am in the morning hush,
I am in the gracrful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the star shine of the night.

I am in flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room,
I am the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die.

Sending comforting thoughts at this sad time with Love and Hugs...

Shi

#27 ·
...I'm so sorry...
I can't even imagine what you are going through. Just looking through pictures of Willie now both brought a smile to my face, and wrenched my heart at the same time. He was clearly loved, and obviously knew it. I can say with certainty that he did live his life as one of the very luckiest pigeons in the world.
You have my deepest sympathies, and I hope that both you and Willie find peace.

-April

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.