Pigeon-Talk banner

A few shots from my loft...

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  pigeon_racer 
#1 ·
a few pics from yesterday. My pied with his first young. Most of my flock in the aviary portion of their loft. And a shot of my daughter releasing one of my white homers.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm pretty partial to that boy too! Just wish I could have gotten him and the BB white flights hen behind him to pair up. But even after a week together they just wouldn't really pair up. I suppose if I gave them their own pen away from the flock that they would. Oh well, I'll see what the results are with the mates they did pair up with this year.

#9 ·
Thanks! I was amazed at how well the pic turned out. I just told her to wait to release it on my word, and hit the shutter when I did. I only got two shots before he was out of the range of the camera. Second shot was neat, but he was really on the edge of the range of the camera well away from my daughter already.

But yes, my kids love to "help daddy" release the birds when we were doing road training last year. Will do many more! My daughter will be showing a young pair in 4-H this year. Yes, indeed this is a hobby we can really enjoy together.

#10 ·
What a cutie pie! Nice birds too! Grandkids run to the loft to see whats new this time of year. Even the 15 year old that is "too cool to fool"will eventually wander over to see. I raise whites mostly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.