American Domestic Show Flight Discussion - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Breeds - Information & Identification

Posted 28th November 2008, 05:34 PM

American Domestic Show Flight Discussion

Thank you so much for a terrific article and photos, Margaret! The Domestic Show Flight discussion is now open for questions and comments. Click here to read the article and view the photos: Domestic Show Flights

Terry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 28th November 2008, 06:02 PM
Beautifully done, Margarret! Lovely pictures and very informative.

It was my great pleasure to meet you at the Pageant, and I know we will meet again (hopefully whewn I have more time.......
Posted 19th December 2008, 09:05 PM
Margarret, thank you so much for your informative post. I'm sure anyone that is interested in Domestic Show Flights will be so thankful for the information that you have provided. Your hard work is much appreciated.

Linda

Posted 19th December 2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks margarett,

Before i even read your post on flights i thought they looked like a roller but know i know they have a little crest on the back of there head and have a long beak.

Thanks so much.
Posted 19th December 2008, 10:37 PM
THANK YOU Margaret, Your artical brings back memories of my childhood in New York City back some 60 years ago there were many lofts on the roof tops in the city and it seems that most of the bird were Flights. When they flew their birds there would be hunderds of birds in the air at one time most of these rooftop flyers would have 200 to 300 birds each, and they would be so close together that there would be 600 to 700 birds in the air at once truly a sight to see. Thank You so much. ...GEORGE
Posted 20th December 2008, 10:26 AM
Just read your article on the Flights and saw the baby pictures. What darlings!! They have LOONNGG little beaks don't they?
Posted 20th December 2008, 11:06 AM
Thank you for teaching us novices about the Dom. Show Flight I have to agree with Renee and say they do have very long beaks
I also would have never guessed that they don't make good parents, it was all very informative.
Posted 20th December 2008, 04:39 PM
Intriguing history of the breed. The adults are truely stunning. Thanks for including such ADORABLE baby pictures!!!!
Posted 22nd December 2008, 04:58 PM
Margaret, I had never heard of this breed until I joined the forum and now think they are one of the prettiest breeds there is. Their heads kinda remind me of the Runts. They look too like they are pretty large pigeons. Strange they make such poor parents though.

Your article was soooooo good and I learned a lot from it. Thank you so much for the time and effort to do this for us.
Posted 22nd December 2008, 09:15 PM

Well, I Just Gotta ..

remind everyone that I am Rosey's Great Grand Mom or God Mom or SOMETHING! Margaret's beautiful Rosey lived with me for about a month because he simply WOULD NOT WEAN and needed to be tube fed while being enticed to learn how to eat on his own. A very stubborn little bird, but in the end Rosey got the hang of it! I was sweating bullets for most of the entire month!

Terry

Posted 22nd December 2008, 10:56 PM
They are handsome birds and have endearing temperaments. They come w/both
long and short beaks, capped and crested. There are regional clubs that spin
off from the New York Combine Club in the southern and western areas of the country if a local contact is wanted. A good article Terri and Margaret, and nice to have the information in one place.

fp
I have been feeding pigeons, thousands of them for years. But there was one, a beautiful bird, pure white with light grey tips on its wings; that one was different. It was a female. I had only to wish and call her and she would come flying to me.
I loved that pigeon as a man loves a women, and she loved me. As long as I had her, there was a purpose to my life. Nikola Tesla
Posted 1st February 2011, 07:10 AM
What breeds were used to make the domestic show flight? What breed was used to creat the red color of the bill?

thanks for the information
John
Posted 1st February 2011, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientoaks View Post
What breeds were used to make the domestic show flight? What breed was used to creat the red color of the bill?

thanks for the information
John
John,

I don't know the answer to your questions, but hopefully another member here will. If you don't see any replies in the next day or so, I would suggest you ask the questions again in the Show Pigeon Forum.

Terry

Tags
domestic show flight