Chinese Owl Discussion - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Breeds - Information & Identification

Posted 21st November 2008, 09:21 AM

Chinese Owl Discussion

Many thanks to Becca for the excellent information and photos for the Chinese Owl breed. The thread is now open for discussion. Enjoy!

Terry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 21st November 2008, 09:32 AM
great article Becca!, I learned and enjoyed it very much, I had a show breeder offer me some CO's not long ago and I declined, now I kinda wish I would of taken them after your article...great links and pics....you get an A+ from me....Thanks
Posted 21st November 2008, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit wings View Post
...great links and pics....you get an A+ from me....Thanks
I totally agree! I think Becca did a terrific job! I'm sure our show pigeon folks will also concur .. lots of them are at the Pageant Of Pigeons right now, so it will probably be the weekend or next week before they have a chance to read Becca's article and post.

Terry

Posted 22nd November 2008, 09:47 AM
Becca, what a wonderful job! You definitely deserve an A+ for this presentation. I have never seen a Chinese Owl but now know much more about them. They are lovely little birds.

Again, Becca, you did a terrific job.
Posted 24th November 2008, 10:42 AM
Becca,

Thank you for such a thorough and informative piece on the Chineese Owl. They are wonderful little birds. I just saw many of them at the show, but hadn't read your article on them before went. I wish I had, as knowing the history and the standards helps so much when seeing the birds.
You did a really nice piece on them.

Margaret
Posted 28th November 2008, 06:06 PM
Very well written, INDEED! Once upon a time I had several chinese owls that I got from Bill Hawkinson Sr., who, back in the 1950's did more to ptromote and save these lovely and lovable little birds from near extiction in those days in the USA.
Posted 19th December 2008, 09:31 PM
Becca,

Thank you so much for all your hard work in providing such an informative post!

These are beautiful birds....again, just love those short beaks! lol

Thanks again,
Linda
Posted 19th December 2008, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit wings View Post
great article Becca!, I learned and enjoyed it very much, I had a show breeder offer me some CO's not long ago and I declined, now I kinda wish I would of taken them after your article...great links and pics....you get an A+ from me....Thanks
If you lived close to me you could pick outta mine i got 10 to go. Lol I also agree good job Becca very well done.
Posted 19th December 2008, 09:59 PM
Hi Becca, I want to thank you for the fine job you have done on this artical. I raise Italian owls and never thought about using Roller mix as their feed. I will start using roller mix the next time I buy feed. thank you once again for this fine artical. ...GEORGE
Posted 20th December 2008, 04:33 PM
Great article and what adorable photos. That little blue bird looks so sweet! Good suggestion about the roller mix. Thanks!
Posted 20th December 2008, 04:45 PM
WAY TO GO BECCA. Outstanding presentation and good research on the birds. A credit to your love for the birds.

George
Posted 20th December 2008, 04:53 PM
I love the Chinese Owls........their feathers going every which way......the babies are adorable.
Posted 20th April 2009, 09:43 AM
I just finished reading it. Outstanding job Becca. I used to raise Chinese owls for pet and for show. I never made it far in the shows with my group of Chinese owls, but I loved them. Too bad I had to sell them all. The very weird thing is that all my hens were extremely aggressive towards the cock when sitting and fending the youngs. This resulted in many dead squabs over the parents fighting all the time.

"I want to share a story with you. In return I hope you share it with another person. As a result, that person shares it with another person and so on. When one day someone tells me that same story, I will know that I have contributed to make this world a better place."
Posted 26th April 2009, 06:25 AM
thank u for your pic.
Posted 22nd October 2009, 03:52 AM
Nice one, thanks a lot, pretty much inspired that I am thinking about getting myself a pair of these lovely pigeons

Tags
chinese owl