Valencian Figurita Discussion - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Breeds - Information & Identification

Posted 17th December 2008, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrollers View Post
Takes lots of time and training, especially with Figuritas because they don't fly as much as the rollers do. From, my experience with training all other pigeons, the Figurita is my best bird and crow gets to be inside in the family room. He is our family pet.
can you share the steps you took to get them to come when you take them out to fly....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 17th December 2008, 04:13 PM
I heard these are some expensive birds..Is that correct.
Posted 19th December 2008, 09:28 PM
Daryl...thanks for providing the information on this subject. These are some very nice looking birds. I'm sure anyone interested in Valencian Figuritas will thank you for taking the time to give us such an informative post.

Linda

Posted 19th December 2008, 09:44 PM
There so dang cute and small. I know somone who has some and he told me to watch his birds at a show because he had to go and one had feather on his eye so i went to grab it. And i thought i would squash the little thing. They are so small they could almost be a baby for a indian fantail or yet alone a giant runt.
Posted 20th December 2008, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer87 View Post
I heard these are some expensive birds..Is that correct.
No...I bought mine for 20 each and he gave me a free bird with them...she is my yellow check hen... and he gave me a red check free with two whites.....he is a nice breeder....and needed more room too
Posted 20th December 2008, 03:06 PM
Thank you Pigeonmama for the information on Figs I love this little pigeon breed and hope to have a couple of pairs next year
Maybe when I do aquire a pair or two we can share Fig stories
Posted 20th December 2008, 06:36 PM
Oh, oh, oh - TOO CUTE!!!!! Love the color variations and the little frill. What a sweet looking breed!
Posted 20th December 2008, 06:43 PM
Figs are so cute. I've never seen a real one but I'd really love to

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 12th August 2009, 04:35 PM
Breed Specials on all sorts of pigeon breeds can be read at www.aviculture-europe.nl
Direct link to a Figurita article http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/nummers/08E02A03.pdf
Posted 8th December 2009, 09:02 PM

Feed for Figuritas

Do to being a small bird with a small beak is there any concideration with feed compared to larger birds like Homers and Frillbacks?

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
Posted 9th December 2009, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Do to being a small bird with a small beak is there any concideration with feed compared to larger birds like Homers and Frillbacks?
mine eat the same feed with no problems... but they do seem to like the popcorn instead of the larger whole field corn...but they will eat it... think of how small a wild dove is, and the big honking peices of corn they eat with no problems...... just don't spoil them or they will pick and choose, just like any other pigeon...lol...

just to add, make sure the feeder is not too tall and they can reach in the middle of the feeder to get at all the grain...some of mine have to stretch and tip toe to get at some of the seed in my feeder...Im going to change it out with an open chicken type feeder with the roll bar on the top, so they can see and get at the feed in the middle.

Last edited by spirit wings; 9th December 2009 at 06:55 AM..

Tags
figurita, valencian figurita;