And you think homers are bad... - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Archives > Archive - Other Birds

Posted 20th October 2010, 07:27 PM
I love Guinea Hens!

My first memorable experience with Birds, was when I was about six years old, and I was attacked by a momma Guinnea Hen because I was too close to her Babys.

She just flew at me out of no-where, clawing at my Head and face and shreiking and repeating the passes to do more of it!

Wow!

Somehow instead of freightening me or upsetting me, I just admired her immensely and felt very impressed by her bravery, and knew instinctively that I had made some sort of faux-pas, then I saw the Babys, so I left the area.

I hope someday to have room and amenity to have a few!

Love that 'Spike' they have on their Head!

Great story there on how they decided on the Trees past the Pasture but still wander back.

Very cool...I hope they do well..!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 18th February 2011, 06:05 PM

Domesticated once again!

A year and a few months have gone by, and every once in a while I'd hear them up the road at the top of the hill. Too far to see them without creeping up there with binoculars. Figured the people who lived there caught them and kept them, or were feeding them regularly. Recently they have finally made their way to the flock of chickens kept two houses up from me. Now I could very clearly see the 5 of them, and was very excited. I pondered explaining to the preacher that they were mine, and that I would like to catch them so they won't hog up all their chickens' food. BUT I just let it go. This past week, they came down to my yard to hang out with all my critters, so I fed them everytime they were here. Today I was able to trap them all in the chicken house, so they now have clipped wings and are in their own pen.
Tis the season, so I'm hoping they lay eggs soon so I can fill up the incubator. Then I'll let them hatch their own, and let them out again. They should be broken to my house by then. I'm so happy they are back! I've missed their obnoxious screeching

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~

Tags
guineas