Originally Posted by John_D
It would seem that dogs actually have a certain tolerance to (some) chocolate (as far as the chemical below is concerned), though I guess it's not a good habit for them to get into.
Normal human chocolate should not be fed to dogs in any amount for any reason, even if the dog seems tolerant to it.
The slightest amount of plain, milk or white chocolate can bring out diabetes in dogs.
Do not even use the human grade of "diabetic chocolate".
They do however produce "chocolate doggy treats" which have been specially formulated and has the nasty ingredients and toxins removed.