Jet black feral squeaker - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Archives > Archive - Other Birds

Posted 21st November 2009, 10:04 PM
I think you need to find the poor bird a ride with someone that's traveling north for the Holiday's. There's probably some kind sould on Craig's List, that would give a birdy a ride.

If all the beasts were
gone, men would die
from great loneliness of
spirit, for whatever
happens to the beasts
also happens to the man.
Seattle 1736-1866

Another Life, Gone To The Birds!

DO NO HARM

Member, International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 22nd November 2009, 07:02 AM
Someone else wanted him, I was within forty or so miles out of 200 miles of thier home but they couldn't meet (car problem). I wanted to meet the person I was going to give him to, as people shoot or train thier dogs with pigeons out here and think nothing of it. They then wanted me to ship him. Jay does seem like a nice place for "sanctuary" for him,nice birds Jay. He is in no way in danger or being mistreated now,I wormed him yesterday,again in 9 days for follow up. I just have to decide who,no offense to anyone.
LokotaLoft
Posted 22nd November 2009, 07:31 AM
I vote for Jay3 because their loft is spacious and even heated ,a very feral freindly place to place a pigeon if you ask me

Posted 22nd November 2009, 07:54 AM
That's sweet of you Lokota. Yes, I love my birds, and spend lots of time with them. It was because of 6 little feral babies that we recued, that the loft was built. Since then many have been added. But no offense taken M Kurps. I just offered to help as I know he needs placement. And black birds are my favorite. He is a beautiful little thing, and I just want him to have a good home. So what ever you decide, I'm sure you will choose what is best for him. And I would be the same if I had to place a bird with someone. I think it's nice that you don't want to just give him to anyone. Shows you care. Keep us updated.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 22nd November 2009, 07:55 AM
I have been looking for a bird for my rescued homer with broken wing. If you can not ship maybe i can drive by as I am in michigan it might be a long drive but for right bird i would be willing.
Posted 22nd November 2009, 08:17 AM
KO loft, If your willing to drive all that way for a bird. Then my hats off to you. Your a dedicated pigeon owner. mindy
Posted 22nd November 2009, 12:06 PM
But there's no guarantee that they would like each other. Which is fine as long as he would be welcome anyway. But yes, if you would drive that far, then that says something about your concern for your bird.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 22nd November 2009, 12:30 PM
I missed the threads where everyone was saying Jay 3. I also think Jay 3 is a great place to live. I mean when I see little scooter being taken such good care of and how happy he is even with his splayed legs. My vote is definitely for Jay 3, no offense to anyone else of course. I don't know how I skipped over those post. sorry.

M Krups, I think its great that your taking the extra time to make sure that the people that are going to get this little squeaker have only good intentions and will provide the great home that this bird and every bird deserves. Great Job. min
Posted 22nd November 2009, 02:13 PM
Well, it isn't a contest, and I do understand M Krups wanting to meet the person. I think that is very responsible of him. And where KO Loft can make the drive up there, he would be able to meet him. And if he would actually do that to get his bird a mate, then it sounds as though his place must be a good home also. And he was looking for a bird to begin with, and has been for a while. I wasn't looking. This may be the bird he was waiting for. Thanks for the kind words Mindy.

Posted 22nd November 2009, 05:33 PM
I know its no contest I didn't mean to make it sound like it was. Actually I have a great friend who is a rehabber in MI, and she told me to give her email address to the guy that was willing to drive to PA. I'm sure she is a lot closer than PA and she always has pigeons up for adoption. So its both a win win for all parties. min
Posted 23rd November 2009, 04:07 PM
I have sent 3 pm's to KO loft and still no word from him. min
Posted 28th November 2009, 07:40 PM
M kurps, do you still have the bird? I realize its the holidays but I have sent at least 3-4pm to KO Lofts I mean at this point I would rather hear a screw you, just something would be nice from him. Or maybe he is on his way to PA to get the bird. Who knows. min
Posted 28th November 2009, 10:10 PM
Well it did seem a little strange that someone would drive from Mi. to Pa./N.J. border for a pigeon. There has got to be a pigeon up for adoption closer to him I would think. The squeaker is safe here Min., I am having my doubts that he is a feral.
Posted 29th November 2009, 05:23 AM
Not only would the drive be strange since I have him a terrific rehabber in Montrose, MI. Plus sent him many many pm's telling him about Teresa and didn't get any word from him. Maybe for the holidays, I don't know. But something would have been nice. Even a shut up from him would have been great. Glad you still have him. Hope you keep him, or ship to Jay 3 if she wants him. min
Posted 29th November 2009, 05:27 AM
Well I just checked his profile page and he hasn't been on since he wrote that post. But his email would let him know that I sent numerous pm's.

Tags
adoption