Looking for a baby white wing dove to adopt - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Archives > Archive - Other Birds

Posted 24th November 2008, 04:22 PM
If you know of a bird that is in need of a good home then I will deffinately take it and offer it a great life here with me, no matter it's age. If I'm looking to purchase one from a breeder then I would prefer a young bird because I enjoy watching thier little personality develop.

No matter what age the bird is, or if it's an orphan vs an adoption, I'll give it as good of a life as I possibly can and I'll love it just as much no matter how it came to be with me.

I truely beleive that all things in life happen for a reason and that when something or some one comes into your life, no matter if it's for a short time or a long one, it's because it was meant to be.

I never thought of having a bird as a pet, then Pudgy came into my life and was the best pet I've ever had. Now I can't think of a better companion then a bird.

All things happen for a reason

I see you in there....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 24th November 2008, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arryndel View Post
If you know of a bird that is in need of a good home then I will deffinately take it and offer it a great life here with me, no matter it's age. If I'm looking to purchase one from a breeder then I would prefer a young bird because I enjoy watching thier little personality develop.

No matter what age the bird is, or if it's an orphan vs an adoption, I'll give it as good of a life as I possibly can and I'll love it just as much no matter how it came to be with me.

I truely beleive that all things in life happen for a reason and that when something or some one comes into your life, no matter if it's for a short time or a long one, it's because it was meant to be.

I never thought of having a bird as a pet, then Pudgy came into my life and was the best pet I've ever had. Now I can't think of a better companion then a bird.

All things happen for a reason
I totally agree with you.

If all the beasts were
gone, men would die
from great loneliness of
spirit, for whatever
happens to the beasts
also happens to the man.
Seattle 1736-1866

Another Life, Gone To The Birds!

DO NO HARM

Member, International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council
Posted 24th November 2008, 06:53 PM
Arryndel
I dont want to make you feel bad, so please dont take it that way.

I understand from your post, that the wwd , you have raised, took off from your arm to join others. I want you to think before you decide to take another bird in. Your baby did, what was best for her, which is to be among the same ones, like she was.
No matter what we want to have, think first what they want..
And that always be : another bird around. Because you loved your wwd,by now , you can see and understand their needs, which are other birds, not humans. From lack of other bird around, they will bound to human, but how sad that is, once you think.. and understand.I saw many birds , raised and kept by them selfs, watching them lay eggs, trying to mate, trying to do, what naturally comes for them, and no matter , how much you will love them, you will see their loneliness first, you cant make lonely bird a happy bird.I always see them as handicap birds. Wish you the best.

Nell

Will make you happy, but never fully happy will make her/him.

Posted 24th November 2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Arryndel,

I've looked a bit today and haven't found anyone near El Paso though there are a couple of world renowned Ringneck dove breeders in the Houston area .. yes .. I know .. many, many hundreds of miles away. I'd suggest that you join doves-pigeons on yahoogroups and post there about wanting to adopt a young ringneck or two. If there is anyone near you, those folks will know. The guys in the Houston area are John Pire and John Fowler.

I would be happy to send you a dove or two, but we'd have to do it via Express Mail .. let me know. All my doves are rescues, and they all need forever homes. They are safe and well cared for here, but I would love to see as many of them as possible go to someone who can really keep them as pets.

Terry

Posted 24th November 2008, 08:42 PM
I understand what you are saying and I agree that any bird will be happier with a mate. For that reason we will be getting a pair of Ringnecks BUT we will start with one, a young one. Once she or he is old enough that we can tell what sex it is, we will then look into getting another ringneck of different sex to be a possible mate.

Pudgy was not a planned pet, and she is most likely much happier where she is, with others of her kind. I will always put food out for her and her new found family and I will always look to the wwd's hoping to see some signal that one of them is her and that she remebers the love she had with us while she was here.

We are looking to adopt ringneck doves because they are no longer wild birds and I know that I can give a good loving home to two great birds.

I see you in there....
LokotaLoft
Posted 24th November 2008, 08:45 PM
could this work ? http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f20/fo...gia-31592.html
Posted 24th November 2008, 10:01 PM
yes it would! I posted on the thread, hopefully the little darling will get a good home either with me or with another member.

I see you in there....
LokotaLoft
Posted 25th November 2008, 04:41 AM
awesome keepin fingers crossed for you
Posted 16th December 2008, 10:29 PM
I know this is a few weeks late, but in answer to your inquiry, we have raised a pair of young ring necks in my daughters room. She lets them out each day after school to do her homework with her and just hang out. They found favorite resting places. At bedtime, she walks up to each and puts out her hand. Each one then just jumps onto her hand to be carried back to the cage for the nite. They are so gentle and have a beautiful voice. Just keep a newspaper under their favorite spots.
sherry p rizzo
Posted 1st June 2009, 05:55 PM
Talking

Raising Windy

Hi Arryndal,
We've had a similar situation at our home. Windy fell out of it's nest the day before Mother's Day. We have raised Windy for three weeks now and she/he has become our pet. I can't believe how tame this bird is and how it has bonded with me and my husband. Like Pudgy, she only wants to be close to us and shows no interest in flying any distance. We do keep Windy in a cage (we have cats) but when we can, we let it loose in the house but Windy just lights on our shoulders or head and stays there.
We fear the day will come when Windy may want to leave us as well. But for now, Windy is on my shoulder as I am writing this, will remain our "pet" as long as it wants to.
Windy In Corpus
Posted 25th December 2009, 01:56 PM
hello ! I would like to talk to you about your white winged dove. please email me at 1girly1 at g mail dot com catey.
Posted 15th September 2010, 08:47 PM
I have 2 white winged doves now. Ages approx. 7 weeks and the other 3-4 weeks. I'm in Brownsville TX. Do you have any info on keeping them as pets? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks- Robin
Posted 16th September 2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcross View Post
I have 2 white winged doves now. Ages approx. 7 weeks and the other 3-4 weeks. I'm in Brownsville TX. Do you have any info on keeping them as pets? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks- Robin
THE THREAD IS FROM 2008. WHITE WINGED DOVES ARE A PROTECTED SPECIES AND ARE NOT PETS THEY ARE WILDLIFE.

Tags
adopt, baby dove, dove, white wing dove