Mousebirds: dust-free and cuddly :) - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Archives > Archive - Other Birds

Posted 31st January 2011, 09:54 AM
Oh, I am disappointed but I'm afraid you're right, spiritwings. They are incredibly cute, though! It is good to know such creatures exist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 31st January 2011, 10:01 AM
It would be interesting to see how this all plays out as far as laws go.

I just saw that people were breeding them as part of the bird hobby and how careful they were about who they let have birds and felt that they were doing a nice job with such great little guys.
*sigh* It probably would be worth research on how this affects the wild population (if at all.) As far as I understand, there have not been shipments of these birds from Africa in a long time.

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." J.R.R. Tolkien
http://libis.deviantart.com/
Posted 31st January 2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doveone52 View Post
Bless your heart, pigeonmama. I knew Shi's passing was about the same time but didn't know it was that morning! I have no doubt that she was hovering over you giving you love and support and all those positive vibrations! She had been so full of all that positive energy in this life. I can't imagine her any other way.

Pigeonmama, could your health tolerate one of those?
Doveone52, I never would have asked for an angel if I had known it was going to be Shi. I wanted her here, alive, loving us all and supporting me from Az. I still feel so much guilt/grief for the loss of someone we all loved so much.
As to tolerating one, I did email a breeder who said people with asthma and allergies to birds have no problems, but I need to speak with my pulmonologis first. That won't be today, I was up all night with toothache (2 teeth, cracked by grinding teeth at night). Went to work on about 90 min. sleep, and got sent home because I kept scaring the clients (guess I looke really bad, sure know I felt really bad) Most mousebirds in US now, are from old imports (1990's was last I could find) and are very prolific breeders
Daryl

Last edited by pigeonmama; 31st January 2011 at 11:08 AM..

Posted 31st January 2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonmama View Post
As to tolerating one, I did email a breeder who said people with asthma and allergies to birds have no problems, but I need to speak with my pulmonologis first. That won't be today, I was up all night with toothache (2 teeth, cracked by grinding teeth at night). Went to work on about 90 min. sleep, and got sent home because I kept scaring the clients (guess I looke really bad, sure know I felt really bad) Most mousebirds in US now, are from old imporst (1990's was last I could find) and are very prolific breeders
Daryl
I hope he says it's alright for you to have one.

Posted 2nd February 2011, 05:19 AM
well, I can have a mousebird,as trial, but have to wait until I'm done chemo and radiation, and wait til white blood cell count recovered. I'm going to wait on this bird, need to be able to take care of it correctly, that and I need to find the right cage for the little poopster. If I do get one, if it's female it will be named Little Shi, and male will be Little Squeaks.
Posted 2nd February 2011, 06:55 AM
What wonderful names! Shi would/will be delighted!
Posted 2nd February 2011, 10:58 AM
I'm so glad to hear you'll be able to possibly get one!

Posted 2nd February 2011, 10:46 PM
Libis, thanks for posting! They're adorable, you can definitely see why they're called "mousebirds". We generally live such sheltered lives, it's always interesting to learn what the world has to offer.

Tags
mousebird mousebirds