Meet Maggie - Page 3 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Archives > Archive - Wild or 'Feral' Pigeons

Posted 25th September 2007, 04:00 PM
garye, what town are you in? I could take the train there and show you a few things, bring meds, etc. Sometime when i have time, of course/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 25th September 2007, 08:45 PM
Oh Maggie's doing fine so far. I know, Moxie, that you have a full schedule yourself. Once I get the meds, I'll see what I can do. I'm way too north for you to come out here.

Right now Maggie's retired to her bedroom. It's bedtime and she knows it. This is the first bird I know of that retires for the night on her own. The ones I knew from past experiences would stay in the kitchen stuffing themselves right up to the end. Not Maggie. She believes in getting a good night's sleep.

What a funny bird.
Posted 25th September 2007, 09:40 PM
Garye, your friend needs to call the Post Office! They were a guaranteed
delivery by noon your time today!! Yikes....

fp
I have been feeding pigeons, thousands of them for years. But there was one, a beautiful bird, pure white with light grey tips on its wings; that one was different. It was a female. I had only to wish and call her and she would come flying to me.
I loved that pigeon as a man loves a women, and she loved me. As long as I had her, there was a purpose to my life. Nikola Tesla

Posted 25th September 2007, 09:49 PM
where/how did you find her Garye? Do you have any glamour shots of her yet? (read, just of her?)
congrats on your first rescue!!
Posted 25th September 2007, 09:57 PM
PM me when you have them in hand...

fp
I have been feeding pigeons, thousands of them for years. But there was one, a beautiful bird, pure white with light grey tips on its wings; that one was different. It was a female. I had only to wish and call her and she would come flying to me.
I loved that pigeon as a man loves a women, and she loved me. As long as I had her, there was a purpose to my life. Nikola Tesla
Posted 25th September 2007, 10:54 PM
Squeaks INSISTS on being up as late as I am...EVEN if he's just sitting on his egg!

If I put him in his home and turn off the light, he knows I'm still up and will just carry on until I let him out.

When I go to bed, THEN he's OK! Since my bed IS next to his home, he KNOWS when I am sleeping and when I am awake...geez, sounds like Santa Claus!

I now have a NIGHT OWL PIGEON! *SIGH*

Shi
Posted 27th September 2007, 05:43 PM
Shi, you tickle my funny bone.

Garye, would love to see some more pictures of Maggie.
Posted 27th September 2007, 07:27 PM
I'm going to try and take some pix of Maggie when I get a chance - probably over the weekend. She's doing good. She has a good appetite (fishes out for all the sunflower seeds), drinks well, poops well, knows when it's bedtime - like now. (I won't dare try to get her to leave her bedroom. Last time I tried in order to put in a new cloth, she gave me hell for it. It's bedtime and that's that!)

I try to give her some exercise time in the kid tent. She runs around it (trying to figure out how to get out) but cannot fly. I'm putting in various size blocks for her to try and climb on, to see if she will and see if she'll try flying. She gets on them but cannot seem to make herself fly. Best thing about this tent is that she can poop all she wants and the poop stays in it. I just wipe it clean afterwards and let it dry. And it's easy to take down.

Tags
feral pigeon, hawk attack, heating pad, sunflower seeds