Sadewater - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Fanciers' Forums > Homing & Racing Pigeons

Posted 28th November 2010, 06:47 PM

Sadewater

Just curious if any of you have ever used the Sadewater 'blowtorch' training method, and if so how it worked for you.
Advertisement

Posted 28th November 2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bell View Post
Just curious if any of you have ever used the Sadewater 'blowtorch' training method, and if so how it worked for you.
Now is that where You rotisserie cook the last bird in with the blowtorch method to show what can happen to the next last one it? lol Henry may be the only one using his methods in racing if he is even still racing?
Posted 28th November 2010, 07:31 PM
He isn't the only one still using them, I know a couple other guys that use them lol. I don't know if Sadewater is still racing, or if he is still even alive for that matter.

Posted 28th November 2010, 08:08 PM
You two have got to be joking?!

If all the beasts were
gone, men would die
from great loneliness of
spirit, for whatever
happens to the beasts
also happens to the man.
Seattle 1736-1866

Another Life, Gone To The Birds!

DO NO HARM

Member, International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council
Posted 28th November 2010, 08:28 PM
Never heard of this blowtorch training. What I have heard is to blowtorch your loft floor to destroy worm eggs.

"I like to believe in people."
Jonathan Kent, Smallville
Posted 28th November 2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodSD View Post
Never heard of this blowtorch training. What I have heard is to blowtorch your loft floor to destroy worm eggs.
I thought it was to destroy Salmonella/ E-coli/Paratyphoid in the "traces" of the feces thats left after scraping. I think he was pulling your leg about blowtorching the late birds..his screen name is "wingsonfire"..he was joking about that.
Posted 28th November 2010, 09:52 PM
LOL, yes wingsonfire was joking about that, blowtorch is just the name given to the particular program as the pattern resembles that from a flame on the blowtorch.
Posted 28th November 2010, 10:03 PM
I have never heard of it/him, but I am not really in the know. Google came up with this, maybe you have already seen it.

http://www.angelfire.com/il2/heinie/
Posted 28th November 2010, 10:32 PM
Flap, I hadn't seen the link, but I have the program from a fellow fancier. I am always looking for stuff I haven't seen/tried before, always trying to learn and become a better handler so I thought I would see if any of you all had used it before. I did know he was an eye-sign 'expert' but I don't understand enough of it to put any credence in even if I did think there was something to it, which I don't. I will try to type up the method tomorrow from what I have, as I didn't see it on the site you posted and see what you guys think.
Posted 29th November 2010, 07:07 AM
I know of one top flyer in our area that uses this method and said that it works. His flying record proves it.
Barn Pigeon
Posted 29th November 2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bell View Post
I am not familar with him or his pigeons, but I did find this article that he wrote which was published in the RPD. Apparently he is a follower of the theory that you can discern a whole bunch of things by looking into a pigeon's eye.

http://www.racingpigeondigest.com/ar...ed_articles/13

Posted 29th November 2010, 09:21 AM
Still confused as to what training pattern this is supposed to be.

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." - Aesop

~Semper Fidelis~
Posted 29th November 2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryOfExeter View Post
Still confused as to what training pattern this is supposed to be.
Sorry Becky, I will get it posted when I get home from work today. Its coming, I promise!
Posted 29th November 2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithFamilyLoft View Post
I am not familar with him or his pigeons, but I did find this article that he wrote which was published in the RPD. Apparently he is a follower of the theory that you can discern a whole bunch of things by looking into a pigeon's eye.

http://www.racingpigeondigest.com/ar...ed_articles/13

Yeah he does believe a lot about eyesign, and a lot about body confirmation. I have read some of his eyesign stuff but I just don't buy that part, however his training program is interesting and others seem to have success with it.
Posted 29th November 2010, 05:27 PM
Last year in the RPD,they had 4 or 5 big name flyers in the USA,give what they thought made up a VG racer or breeder.....Body conformation,soft feathers,balance,eyesign, were given as very important in the make up of a VG bird...These are only things that you can feel & see....The determination and will to home as fast as possible only comes with racing the bird...
A pigeon could have all the SEEN things,and not race well...And a pigeon can handle poorly in the hand,and look like a common pigeon,but race like a champion,and be a champion....Sometimes LOOKS are deceiving....Alamo

Tags
henry sadewater, training