Moved. Last bird flew to old house. - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Daily > Lost Pigeons & Doves

Posted 24th October 2019, 06:30 AM

Moved. Last bird flew to old house.

Recently moved. Had my best white king pigeon flying at our new place in his old loft. Super chore to move. He was here about 3 weeks. Flew half hour flights and returned. Last flight, something must have happened and he ended up at our old empty rental. Thankfully I have until Jan 1 to vacate there. I went back to clean and saw the bird on the roof looking at his old loft site.
Tried to lure him into the house so I could grab him and box him up and take him home. No such luck. Stubborn. Doesn’t like to be handled at all. Won’t come down now. I screwed a plastic tote to the fence with food and water where his loft used to be, just to keep him fed. It’s been almost 2 weeks. He just sits on the roof all day. Hawks everywhere. He’s eating and drinking. No real shelter.
I’d like to get him, but can’t figure a way. Only thing left is maybe a long fishing net. I could buy one but it’s a last resort.
Stumped. So sad. His other loft mate split and there was no sign of him. If I get him home, I’ll buy him a mate. Advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 24th October 2019, 08:08 AM
Use a box, stick and string trap .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...72012276532876
Posted 24th October 2019, 04:10 PM
Wink

white king pigeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsev2 View Post
Recently moved. Had my best white king pigeon flying at our new place in his old loft. Super chore to move. He was here about 3 weeks. Flew half hour flights and returned. Last flight, something must have happened and he ended up at our old empty rental. Thankfully I have until Jan 1 to vacate there. I went back to clean and saw the bird on the roof looking at his old loft site.
Tried to lure him into the house so I could grab him and box him up and take him home. No such luck. Stubborn. Doesnít like to be handled at all. Wonít come down now. I screwed a plastic tote to the fence with food and water where his loft used to be, just to keep him fed. Itís been almost 2 weeks. He just sits on the roof all day. Hawks everywhere. Heís eating and drinking. No real shelter.
Iíd like to get him, but canít figure a way. Only thing left is maybe a long fishing net. I could buy one but itís a last resort.
Stumped. So sad. His other loft mate split and there was no sign of him. If I get him home, Iíll buy him a mate. Advice?
dear pulse2,-this is pickle,-any chance of setting up camp at old address-with his nest box-set it up the way it was and wait..with a fishing net-you might just get lucky before he befalls the hawks..--its a lot to undertake but love works magical ways..--sincerely james waller

Posted 24th October 2019, 04:14 PM
Talking

pigeon trap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank2620 View Post
dear frank2620,-i love it,-anything is worth trying-before fate takes hold-sincerely james waller
Posted 24th October 2019, 06:14 PM
Well best of luck to you and your pigeon .
Posted 25th October 2019, 04:38 AM
In the evening see where he roosts.. Go there at night, take a latter and a few other people.. in the dark they can’t see that well , and try to slowly grab him.. if he is on the roof , and he spooks, and flutters down because he’s scared, he won’t go far.. station a person in front and back to be there if he flutters off the roof.. he would probably land in the yard or bushes and then be caught.. as said in the dark they do not fly well if at all..

This pigeon sounds like a homing pigeon rather than an king .. kings usually are too heavy to fly around, as they were bred to eat , not fly, like homing pigeons.