My Dove - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeons & People > Pet Pigeons And Doves

Posted 12th June 2019, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garye2 View Post
Quote:
Put bird seed outside her widow in hopes of attracting birds to entertain her during the day while Dad is at work.

Oh I love it! But they do find plenty of things to watch. A house is being built next to mine. My pigeon doesn't like it (I don't either but I can't do anything about it). She grunts at the workmen (not that they care - they can't see her nor hear her) but she does express her dislike of what they're doing.

I do like the name of Daphne by-the-way. A good choice from Colombina.
Thanks, Garye2 😊.

Lol I'd like to see Aggie grunting at workmen!
That's true, pigeons are good observers (btw they learn a lot observing!)!
They also are very communicative and express their feelings in a clear way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 12th June 2019, 10:39 AM
Yes, Colombina, she gets VERY vocal when they start making too much noise. The workmen were out there on a Saturday morning and it was too early for both of us for them to be out there. She grunted up a storm!
Posted 12th June 2019, 11:42 AM
Aggie is great 😂, Lol I hate too being woken up too early in the morning.
BTW the city was building a new tram line in front of my building... Well, the workmen worked even in the weekends and also at night!!! It was terrible!!! I imagine the reaction of Aggie 😂...

Posted 12th June 2019, 01:29 PM
Yeah, this builder decided to move his VERY loud truck equipment into place at around 2:00 in the morning - I kid you not! Couldn't even wait until 7:00.

Aggie will speak up when she is annoyed!

Aggie would've told those workmen off when they were building that tram line over there!
Posted 13th June 2019, 11:06 AM
2 am?!? That builder is an early riser 😂!!!

So, the next time there will be a building site or renovation work next to me please send me Aggie!!!
Posted 13th June 2019, 09:06 PM
City noises r the worse! Its always something...leaf blowers, construction, sirens, helicopters, trash trucks, neighbors, dogs.

I got a dove cuz I wanted a quiet pet...which she should be unless she does a gender reassignment on me at maturity. Fingers crossed.

Shes only made one very tiny peep of protest when I needed to grab her from the bk to turn her over. So faint, it was barely audible.

BTW...Daphne is in the lead. Were trying it out for size.

Today, I remembered the name of a mean parrott that I had when I was young...”[email protected]@rd.”

Last edited by DoveSearcher; 14th June 2019 at 08:21 AM..
Posted 14th June 2019, 07:31 AM
Yes, I agree, city noises are the worse! We have an apartment in a touristic sea town, well, in add to the classical city noises (traffic, sirens, etc) there we have the train line (and also the level crossing...), a noisy fountain in the square (in summer it works 24/7! I hate it soo much!!), a big parking (I don't know why but a lot of people love spending time there at night...), the Friday market and in summer time loud music until late night coming from the park behind the building (there is an outdoor "bar" with a band... People go there dancing...)... It's hell 😵... Fortunately usually we don't spend a lot of time there...

Lol, yes, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! Male doves really love singing...I don't know why but they love singing even at night (at least, this is my experience)... sometimes I think that they are vampire doves 😂...

Let us know if you will choose Daphne as her name!

Last edited by Colombina; 15th June 2019 at 06:07 AM..
Posted 14th June 2019, 07:58 AM
Quote:
City noises r the worse! Its always something...leaf blowers, construction, sirens, helicopters, trash trucks, neighbors, dogs.
Everything you said here, I get in the suburbs. This is not restricted to the city. The leaf blowers are the worst - GOD do I hate Autumn.

Loud music from the neighbors across the street who when drunk, decide to sing along till 2 in the morning. (Doesn't matter if it's a work day or not, they somehow manage to wake up and go to work after a night of this - and waking everybody else up in the neighborhood.) Wake up the next morning and there are beer cans in everyone's yard from them.

Then they wonder why the neighborhood avoids them.
Posted 15th June 2019, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garye2 View Post
Quote:
Everything you said here, I get in the suburbs. This is not restricted to the city. The leaf blowers are the worst - GOD do I hate Autumn.

Loud music from the neighbors across the street who when drunk, decide to sing along till 2 in the morning. (Doesn't matter if it's a work day or not, they somehow manage to wake up and go to work after a night of this - and waking everybody else up in the neighborhood.) Wake up the next morning and there are beer cans in everyone's yard from them.

Then they wonder why the neighborhood avoids them.

In one way or another neighbors are often terrible 😩...
Posted 15th June 2019, 04:20 PM
Shes maturing...and getting a very dark ring.
Posted 16th June 2019, 06:50 AM
We would love to see a photo!
Posted 18th June 2019, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombina View Post
We would love to see a photo!
Caught the flu...second time this yr. 😞 Daphne nursing me back to health. She will lay on my chest all night. I think she may be the sweetest pet I’ve ever had.

Yep...the name stuck.

She’s still little at 7 wks. Can’t wait for her to get pigeon-fat. She’s 1/2 collared so potentially she can get big.

Edit...OMG she just vocalized for the first time!!! It was not a coo. Hope she’s not male after naming her...er...he?

Last edited by DoveSearcher; 18th June 2019 at 01:55 PM..
Posted 19th June 2019, 07:34 AM
So sorry for the flu ☹️.... A few weeks ago I had a bad cold and sore throat too...

Thanks for the photos, Daphne is absolutely lovely and really really sweet 😍! Did she spend all the night laying on your chest? So you are "lucky" (not lucky in getting again the flu...), you have a wonderful nurse!!

Wow, so she vocalized for the first time! Even females vocalize, not so much as males, of course (yes, I hope she is not a "he"!!!)...did she make a sort of "uuuh"...? I don't know how to write it 🤔 lol...
Posted 19th June 2019, 08:52 AM
Oh I forgot... Get well soon 😊.
Posted 19th June 2019, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombina View Post
So sorry for the flu ☹️.... A few weeks ago I had a bad cold and sore throat too...

Thanks for the photos, Daphne is absolutely lovely and really really sweet 😍! Did she spend all the night laying on your chest? So you are "lucky" (not lucky in getting again the flu...), you have a wonderful nurse!!

Wow, so she vocalized for the first time! Even females vocalize, not so much as males, of course (yes, I hope she is not a "he"!!!)...did she make a sort of "uuuh"...? I don't know how to write it 🤔 lol...
Thx!

I recorded baby’s first words! Id upload it but not sure how. I think this ap only allows pic uploads. It was two high syllables but didn’t sound like a coo.

Daph would sleep me with me all night if I let her but last time I got pooed. Perhaps I should get her diapers. Heck, I’m bout old enough for diapers myself.

When I came hm today she jumped down by the door to be let out of her cage. 🙂

Last edited by DoveSearcher; 19th June 2019 at 05:57 PM..