Rosco's Journey - Page 7 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeons & People > Pet Pigeons And Doves

Closed Thread

Posted 15th July 2006, 04:22 PM

Rosco's Journey ends here

Rosco's journey started as a mission of compassion from Trees Gray in Florida,to a man and his family in Nebraska,who lost their single beloved pigeon, named Tooter. Tooter made me learn how special these particularly interesting and smart these birds can be.

About the same time, another member,Feral Pigeon arranged to ship another wonderful pigeon,Beaksly, from California to us.

They say things happen in threes...JGregg sent a beautiful white Indian Fan tail named Uchiwa to us from another part of California.

A darling unreleasable rescue female feral blue bar entered this family's life after a tornado briefly touched down and hurt her.Barbie Blue Bar, now another addition to our pigeon pet family.

Members Steel Bird and Oxymoron contacted us a couple of months ago with a former racing pigeon that was down on his luck, and convinced us to adopt him from Pocahontas,Iowa.They were sure that he would live a better life with us and our pigeons.

Much care and love has poured out from members at Pigeon Talk since ROSCO was offered to us as a gift of love~ a pigeon who resembled and had characteristics very similar to our long lost Tooter.

Seven and one half months later, Tooter strangely re-appeared back to his home with us. Now we are blessed, not only to have Tooter re-united with us, but now have a wonderful flock of six very, very special pigeons.

TOOTERVILLE

Last edited by Victor; 17th July 2006 at 09:49 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 15th July 2006, 06:40 PM

Mission of love

I have been so excited with all the events of the last few days, the ONE and ONLY Tooter is back and now with his look-alike "mini-me" ROSCO the Magnificant, and Beaksley, Paris, Chiwa, Barbie Blue Bar....did I miss anyone? What a wonderful group of birds.

I know I mentioned this before Victor, "what are you going to do when Tooter and his family return? You will have quite a gang" not exactly those words...well, ENJOY!

I think it was divine intervention that shaped Rosco's future, and I also think and know THAT is what brought Tooter home. Hopefully Tootsie will be reunited with Tooter with the same help. My prayers go out now, to bring that little girl home.

We will see what tomorrow brings. Meanwhile give em all a hug for me.

Posted 9th September 2006, 05:40 PM

A Rosco moment to share...

Today my grandaughter Desi came over to help feed the pigeons as she really enjoys them too. I had Rosco in the loft doing private flight time and he did as he always does, landed on my head. But something was different, strange and out of character with me . I was wearing my black jungle hat . It also has a zipper with a small pocket large enough to carry some keys.

When he lighted on my hat, he did not accept it one bit, and began tugging at the zipper holder feverishly until he was able to yank the hat right off my head...and he as well!

The hat and Rosco both landed on right forearm and I cupped them both with my left hand. He looked dazed and but he was alright.

We both started laughing at him, and he flew to the top support beam. Rosco he is such a character.

TOOTERVILLE

Posted 9th September 2006, 05:50 PM

Rosco

Ah, be still my heart......

Oh, I would love to see a pic of him in his new loft with his friends..... I still love him.

Give him a kiss from me.

Posted 14th September 2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks For Tiopic
Posted 19th March 2012, 06:40 AM
Your welcome.

Here is an updated picture of Roscoe at his happy home with victor and his family..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 482567_3539407609309_1395980335_33465919_1000132838_n.jpg (20.5 KB, 63 views)

Tags
feral pigeon, homing pigeons, male pigeon, pet pigeon, pigeon friendly, pigeon lung, racing pigeon, tail feathers, wooden eggs